gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:21:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mike Love Song!  (Read 13461 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2015, 02:39:10 PM »

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqHxQ9SrvY

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »

These things are always so fun and funny.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

Grin LOL Grin

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »

Heh, love that shot from the C50 tour with Mr. Love in his Sunday finest and BW watching him.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:45:57 PM »

Post of the month!! Thanks, SB!! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 08:51:58 PM »

A bit hurtful and very disrespectful.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 10:16:32 PM »

Watch out.....Lovester might drop a lawsuit for that song using the same I-vi-IV-V progression that "Pisces Brothers" uses, as well as a few lyrical quotes!  Wink 2
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:10 PM »

Yes very disrespectful exspecially if we are all supposedy are Beach Boys fans on here. If people dont like Mike Loves voice then i dont see how they can even be beach boys fans. He is the lead vocalist of the Beach Boys. Im sure most of the people here sparked their interested with the beach boys starting off with the beach boys early car and surfing hits with Love on lead and co-lyricist. its one thing to dislike him for sueing Brian to get his credit on the song he wrote (Which he had to do insted of talking it out with Brian because Brian was not in control of his money at this point) But it is another when people spread this anti Mike Hate crap! It is not necessary and will not change any of the past. You are a hypocrite to call yourslef a huge Beach Boys fan and spread all this Mike Hate crap all over the web! I am new to here but a long time beach boys fan but I have not seen one Mike Love topic that dose not have a swarm of people hating on him! Its one thing to joke around but people here go way beyond that. Enough is enough lets just talk positive about everyone in the band we love.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:24:09 PM by The_Beach » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

I am new to here but a long time beach boys fan but I have not seen one Mike Love topic that dose not have a sworm of people hating on him!

Yeah, it's kind of what happens when anything gets posted about Mike Love on the internet. Have you seen youtube comments or the comments underneath news articles? For SOME obscure reason he seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. At least here he has some fanatical defenders and bass vocal enthusiasts!
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 10:38:05 PM »

I am new to here but a long time beach boys fan but I have not seen one Mike Love topic that dose not have a sworm of people hating on him!

Yeah, it's kind of what happens when anything gets posted about Mike Love on the internet. Have you seen youtube comments or the comments underneath news articles? For SOME obscure reason he seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. At least here he has some fanatical defenders and bass vocal enthusiasts!

YES! Its bad and its the most random anit hate saying too. totally has nothing to do with Mike love or he song. I posted this video of the correct speed of Mike Loves Alone On Christmas Day and a few pointless coments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSFn2ZU6q0 I asked nicely if you dont have nothing good to say about the band or Mike Love to please not post at all so then he slams another pointless meaningless immature. I think these people just dissapointed in Mike action but love his leads and vocals so much but are just trying to hid it by saying what they do.

Mike and Brian past problems are family issue and should not have anything to do with the music they make. We all have some sort of familly issues. Its just their lives are so publicised compaired to ours. and anyones family problems are hard for the outsiders (in this case all beach boys fan) to understand.

Im sure if the roles were switched Brian would also want to get his fair share of the royallties and credit of his songs. Im sure the same with everyone including the Mike Hate spamers would do the same if it means they get rightful credit and millions of dollars in royalties!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:45:42 PM by The_Beach » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:11:40 PM »

Mike Love is awesome, a great singer, and a fine human being. 

PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:46:45 PM »

Coincidentally, before checking in tonight i was just listening to the PONO 24/192 master of LIVE IN LONDON (which sounds incredible) and found myself wincing yet again during his painful "mock swish" intro to "Wake the World" (and throughout the entire album actually) - and viscerally remembered suffering through variations of that same embarrassing shtick all those years in concert (remember bringing your non-fan friends to shows during these excruciating moments?)

And then, of course, they launch right into that beautiful blend like no other.

That's the Mike Love conundrum (with no hi-hat) right there.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:09:05 AM by PS » Logged
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 11:58:49 PM »

It's actually got a nice languid, drugged out vibe. A Smiley Smile for the new millennium.

On and on, he goes dum bee doo dah
On and on, he goes dum bee doo
On and on, he goes dum bee doo dah
On and on, he goes dum bee doo.

See you...in court, he told me
See you in court (dum bee doo)
I'll see him...in court, I know I'll
See him in court, for sure he'll
Drag me... to court, I know he'll
Drag me to court, (dum bee doo) [GO]

On and on, we go dum bee doo dah
On and on, we go dum bee doo...

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 12:51:37 AM »

I'm all for making fun of anything and everything if it's actually funny but that link was about as amusing as finding you have blood in your piss.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 01:27:16 AM »

Yeah, yeah we get it. You only lasted 20 seconds, blah blah blah. I'm sure the songwriter would've been more concerned if you liked it, really.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:30:32 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 02:48:36 AM »

Yes very disrespectful exspecially if we are all supposedy are Beach Boys fans on here. If people dont like Mike Loves voice then i dont see how they can even be beach boys fans. He is the lead vocalist of the Beach Boys...You are a hypocrite to call yourslef a huge Beach Boys fan and spread all this Mike Hate crap all over the web!
Mike Love is the lead vocalist on a plurality of BB songs, perhaps the majority, but there's plenty of room to be a Beach Boys fan without being fond of Mike Love's vocals or lyrics. I've been doing so lo, these many years...though of course I do appreciate his bass in the mix.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 03:08:04 AM »

Yes very disrespectful exspecially if we are all supposedy are Beach Boys fans on here. If people dont like Mike Loves voice then i dont see how they can even be beach boys fans. He is the lead vocalist of the Beach Boys. Im sure most of the people here sparked their interested with the beach boys starting off with the beach boys early car and surfing hits with Love on lead and co-lyricist. its one thing to dislike him for sueing Brian to get his credit on the song he wrote (Which he had to do insted of talking it out with Brian because Brian was not in control of his money at this point) But it is another when people spread this anti Mike Hate crap! It is not necessary and will not change any of the past. You are a hypocrite to call yourslef a huge Beach Boys fan and spread all this Mike Hate crap all over the web! I am new to here but a long time beach boys fan but I have not seen one Mike Love topic that dose not have a swarm of people hating on him! Its one thing to joke around but people here go way beyond that. Enough is enough lets just talk positive about everyone in the band we love.  Smiley

Couldn't agree more.
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 03:21:53 AM »

Couldn't agree more too.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 03:39:06 AM »

Well, it's a shame you all "can't see how [people] can even be Beach Boys fans" without liking Mike Love's voice, but it happens.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:08 AM »

Yeah, poor, poor pitiful myKe luHv. I mean think about it, man. The time he has to waste managing his portfolio. And then there's the endless plotting about how he can dump the br00thster or drag Brian through the courts again to spiff up the bottom line.  And all that alimony!! How can you not feel for the guy while he counts his millions every other day??  Transcendental Meditation Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
KDS
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 05:10:24 AM »

Well said.  

w00t! w00t!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 05:13:15 AM »

Well, it's a shame you all "can't see how [people] can even be Beach Boys fans" without liking Mike Love's voice, but it happens.

Yeah whatever. But what's the point of hyping anti Mike Love crap like this? (Not you, others did).

The "Mike rubs people the wrong way" argument is absurd, coming from grown up fans who should know better.   

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 05:22:20 AM »

What is absurd about Mike being egotistical and rude, that's how he presents himself in interviews.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 05:37:06 AM »

Dead Horse
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 05:55:29 AM »

Dead Horse
myKe luHv keeping the world well informed of Brian's drug problems and of his own massive accomplishments in the group.  Roll Eyes

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx