-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Maureen O'Hara RIP
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maureen O'Hara RIP  (Read 3871 times)
Smilin Ed H
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:42:03 AM »

Must be one of the last Hollywood greats:

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/maureen-ohara-rip.html

RIP
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 05:15:45 AM »

Maureen in the game show "What's My Line": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJCgs_jEy0

Being vintage scholar, you might've known this show & that various celebrities of the time would pose as mystery guests. It is fun to watch.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »

"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to."

RIP, Ms O'Hara.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »

I think instead of grieving, you must realize that she was lucky to live long. Or how longer you want her to live? 95 is cool age. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 05:32:45 AM »

She had a nice run. 

Miracle on 34th St has, of course, been playing very regularly on AMC this month. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »

Miracle on 34th St has, of course, been playing very regularly on AMC this month. 
I enjoyed it even though it isn't big fave of mine. It wasn't Maureen or Nat that made it classic however. It's Santa Claus. To me, he is the realest-looking Santa. Speaking of, let's debate - is there better Santa Claus than in this flick? Do you rmbr. smb.?

KDS
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »

I enjoyed it even though it isn't big fave of mine. It wasn't Maureen or Nat that made it classic however. It's Santa Claus. To me, he is the realest-looking Santa. Speaking of, let's debate - is there better Santa Claus than in this flick? Do you rmbr. smb.?

Might be a subject for a different thread, but the Santa Claus in the original Miracle on 34th St does look great. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »

To tell the obvious truth, every thread gets derailed. So, what actor impressed you as Santa?

KDS
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 11:14:41 PM »

To tell the obvious truth, every thread gets derailed. So, what actor impressed you as Santa?

It's not a great movie, but the guy who played Santa in Ernest Saves Christmas was really good.  I liked the movie when I was a kid, but I don't think it's aged well. 

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 11:22:52 PM »

It's not a great movie, but the guy who played Santa in Ernest Saves Christmas was really good.  I liked the movie when I was a kid, but I don't think it's aged well. 
It's alright. I'll still check it out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: