gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:47:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cast Your Vote - 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominee Fan Vote  (Read 10645 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »

results in: No to Yes, Smiths. Yes to Cheap Trick, NWA, Chicago, deep purple.  others too

Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller, and Chicago were the rock and roll acts who'll be inducted. 

The outlier is NWA.  If you're into rap that's one thing, but they really have no business in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  To me, this would be like Larry Bird being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised they got it this right.  I can't remember a recent year with four deserving inductees.  Maybe the fan vote is a step in the right direction. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »

results in: No to Yes, Smiths. Yes to Cheap Trick, NWA, Chicago, deep purple.  others too

Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller, and Chicago were the rock and roll acts who'll be inducted. 

The outlier is NWA.  If you're into rap that's one thing, but they really have no business in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  To me, this would be like Larry Bird being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

This gives me an idea - maybe I've been misguided trying to get Pete Rose inducted into the Baseball HOF. I should be trying to get him into the Basketball HOF. Or heck, maybe the Rock HOF - he acted like a rock star, gambling all his money away, chasing women, and just generally being reckless off the field.
KDS
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2015, 05:25:02 AM »

This gives me an idea - maybe I've been misguided trying to get Pete Rose inducted into the Baseball HOF. I should be trying to get him into the Basketball HOF. Or heck, maybe the Rock HOF - he acted like a rock star, gambling all his money away, chasing women, and just generally being reckless off the field.

At this point, Pete Rose probably has a better chance of getting into the Rock and Roll HOF than he does into the Baseball HOF. 

Quite frankly, I highly doubt that Pete Rose is the only major figure in baseball who gambled on games. 
Bill30022
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »

Pete Rose will be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame after he dies. That is the way it should be since he committed the Baseball mortal sin.

A recent class for the R 'n R Hall of Fame. A great injustice has been corrected (Chicago), however, I would put Three Dog Night , The Moody Blues, Grand Funk and Journey ahead of Steve Miller,  Deep Purple and Cheap Trick.

If you accept that the Hall of Fame includes all youth oriented Pop Music than NWA makes sense. If that is the criteria then the Carpenters should be considered.
KDS
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »

Pete Rose will be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame after he dies. That is the way it should be since he committed the Baseball mortal sin.

A recent class for the R 'n R Hall of Fame. A great injustice has been corrected (Chicago), however, I would put Three Dog Night , The Moody Blues, Grand Funk and Journey ahead of Steve Miller,  Deep Purple and Cheap Trick.

If you accept that the Hall of Fame includes all youth oriented Pop Music than NWA makes sense. If that is the criteria then the Carpenters should be considered.

I'll respectfully disagree with you about Deep Purple.  IMO, they were the most glaring omission of any of the nominees. 

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think Purple were better than Zeppelin, but Zeppelin got more credit.  I'll take In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, or Burn over any Zeppelin album.  And I'm a Zeppelin fan.  I think Blackmore was a better guitarist than Page.  Gillan a better singer than Plant.  Purple had the extra dynamic with Jon Lord. 

But, I do agree with you about Three Dog Night, The Moody Blues, Grand Funk Railroad, and Journey. 
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »

The only R&RHOF thing that pisses me off  is that Doug Yule was frozen out of induction with the Velvet Underground.  The guy played a prominent role vocally and instrumentally on over half their catalog and live.  I figure it was Lou being Lou letting him have it over the "Squeeze" thing or something, but a no class move IMO.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2015, 05:51:50 AM »

Incredibly glad that Chicago and Deep Purple are in, and Steve Miller and Cheap Trick were definitely worthy additions. But NWA getting into a ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame is plain bullshit, especially since they came 12th in the fan vote and Yes and The Cars (coming second and third respectively) don't get in.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »

At this point, Pete Rose probably has a better chance of getting into the Rock and Roll HOF than he does into the Baseball HOF. 

Quite frankly, I highly doubt that Pete Rose is the only major figure in baseball who gambled on games. 
He's not.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx