-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Halloween
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 13197 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 07:49:43 AM »

Just don't drink and take a significant other to camp crystal lake. Wink

I only go to Camp Crystal Lake during the summer. 

I spend Halloween in Haddonfield, IL. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 08:06:03 AM »

Happy Halloween! Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 08:14:26 AM »

Happy Halloween! Wink

You, as well. 

For those who might not have it in their video library, ABC is airing It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown at 8pm tonight. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 08:43:41 AM »

What's beer festival is doing in the Halloween thread? Wanna discuss drinks - go to a specific thread, it's somewhere in the Sandbox. This holiday isn't about boring alcohol consumption.

Octoberfest and pumpkin flavored seasonal beers are very popular this time of year.  So, I would say, if you're of legal drinking age of course, there's nothing wrong with hoisting a few fall beers on the night that the line between the living and the dead is blurred. 
No, thanks. I don't drink, I don't need that rubbish. To me, Halloween's about stealing candies, dressing funnily & ofc Jack-o'-Lantern. Plus watching thematic horror films alone in the dark. I would like to be a scarecrow this year's costume fest. Inspired by my favorite Goosebumps "Scarecrow walks at midnight". Almost finished creating it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »

No, thanks. I don't drink, I don't need that rubbish. To me, Halloween's about stealing candies

So you advocate theft but not an innocent glass or two of something acquired honestly----it's a funny old world, to be sure. Cool Guy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:51:28 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 08:51:08 AM »

Best seasonal special ever.
KDS
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »

Best seasonal special ever.

It's a good one.  I miss when CBS would air The Great Pumpkin and Garfield's Halloween Adventure back-to-back. 

Somehow, the Garfield one has fallen off the face of the earth.  Luckily, I have them both on DVD. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:12 AM »

No, thanks. I don't drink, I don't need that rubbish. To me, Halloween's about stealing candies
th

So you advocate theft but not an innocent glass or two of something acquired honestly----it's a funny old world, to be sure. Cool Guy
Well, if they throw them on the ground, I am quick to take them away. I don't think it's against the law, you know?
Innocent glass or two can cause harm to health later on. I refrain from it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »

Hi all,

On the nightly news one night there was a segment on teens and excessive drinking.  It said that many years later blemishes show up on their faces due to the large amount of drinking that they did as teens.  According to the facts and experts most people should only have six ounces of wine daily.  I think the reason people die of liver problems is because of the drinking they have done from the time they were able to drink.  If one wants to talk about drinking they should talk about the 21 year old who buys the beer, or any other type of alcohol, for those who are under age. 

Recently someone in town said that nobody should drink after 6 p.m. even on weekends.  Therapists and doctors call that a nice theory but unrealistic.  If you want to make sure people don't drink a lot someone should not have any alcohol commercials on TV.  As a teen I used to hear beer commercials on the radio. I was never into drinking beer much.  The sweet mixed drinks are something though.  They will attract young drinkers to them due to their sweetness.  An ad at the hockey games, played on the scoreboard during time outs, says that parents should talk about drinking to their children when they are 12 years old.  That is true.  I know that high school students still drink in this day and age. 

Congratulations to those who don't drink at all.  Yet if someone wants to have a drink with friends that is up to them.  There are times I prefer a diet coke to alcohol.  The old debate about if you don't you are a prude if you do you are a drunk is alive, well and still being talked about today.  You mind and body will tell you if you will have a drink or not. 

We also have to understand that people will also self medicate.  Doing drugs and drinking to escape or hide from the pain.  More people do that than we think. 

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2015, 09:32:53 AM »

What's beer festival is doing in the Halloween thread? Wanna discuss drinks - go to a specific thread, it's somewhere in the Sandbox. This holiday isn't about boring alcohol consumption.

The thread topic is to SHARE other's Halloween traditions. LOL  Shouldn't YOU find another thread? 

Search for:  "Me"

KDS
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »

I don't endorse binge drinking or drinking then getting behind the wheel of a car.  But, since it's going to be a cool night, I'm looking forward to some hot cider and rum drinks on Halloween night.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »

The thread topic is to SHARE other's Halloween traditions. LOL  Shouldn't YOU find another thread? 

Nowhere did I hear of this tradition. No reference to Octoberfest during Halloween. Only known german holiday Oktoberfest, with "k". Thus the question I posed.

Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »

Girlfriends throwing a house party this year for Halloween and I'll be dressed up as a bog standard Dracula... Oh the fun.  Evil Roll Eyes
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 02:34:04 PM »

Nowhere did I hear of this tradition. No reference to Octoberfest during Halloween. Only known german holiday Oktoberfest, with "k". Thus the question I posed.

Questions are great.  The "beat it with the booze" comment is what's at odds.  But, then again, Halloween is an odd time!   Cheesy

Cheers!  (Or, not cheers... whichever works for you).

KDS
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2015, 05:57:52 AM »

For some of us, Halloween is normal.  The rest of the year is odd. 

Pirate

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:10 AM »

Happy Halloween:

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/a-friday-night-boy-halloween.html
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2015, 06:05:12 AM »

Don't know how I missed it all this time, but finally saw "Monster Mash" from Shindig

Mike could have had a good career in horror movies, or at least in scaring people. Made some freaky faces.
And what did he do to poor Brian, as the broadcast suddenly ended?

Anyway, Happy Halloween. It will be crazy down here in the Quarter (New Orleans) tonight.

Elizabeth

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2015, 06:44:23 PM »

KDS
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 11:24:54 PM »

Hope everybody had a good Halloween. 

On a side note, it is absolutely ridiculous that it's Halloween, and I've seen several Xmas commercials.  And The Hallmark Channel has started to show their Xmas movies.  And, prior to Halloween, there was more Xmas stuff in most stores than Halloween stuff.

Xmas is my favorite holiday.  I love it.  But, I'm so sick of the holiday being forced on us earlier and earlier each year. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: