gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:29:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David marks  (Read 30925 times)
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »

Best wishes to one of the best guys around!

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »

I could not have put it better, so thank you for your wonderful post. If you listen to the live recordings and see the live shows, it's Dave doing some marvelous stuff, playing his own parts from the records, playing Carl's parts from the records, and playing all the guitar parts from songs which he himself had not recorded from later in the Beach Boys career and therefore had to Master for the tour itself. I continue to find that extraordinary and a marvelous artistic creative accomplishment. And even when Dave is playing a classic lick note for note, he is elaborating on it or bending it a certain way with a certain bluesy and jazzy feel. There are so many songs such as little Honda where he's playing things not on the record but which sound so endemic to the Beach Boys spirit. I read John's book The Lost beach boy over and over, always smiling to myself in knowing that there is a marvelously understood extra chapter which is Dave's triumphant return to the Beach Boys which continues to this day and I'm sure will continue in the future. One of the true constants in beach boy history, along with Brian's genius and Mikes showmanship, and Al's innocent and sweet voice, has been that everybody loves and appreciates Dave for his humility, artistry, consistency, and loving loyalty to the entire group, all his bandmates whom he cherishes.

These last few years, he went from "The Lost Beach Boy" to "the extremely underrated Beach Boy" and proved to be one of the best things about the 2012 reunion tour. It's great to know that he's the only member who still tours (well, guest appearances really) with Mike & Bruce AND with Brian / Al / Blondie...
David Marks is a wonderful guitar player, loved his solos on the 2012 reunion. Loved his vocals on Getcha Back... He seems to have a great sense of humor. I've never heard him say anything bad about anybody else in the band... Classy guy!

I sure hope he gets better real fast!

Amen to all that. He went from being a footnote in the group's history to a triumphant and heroic return. It's almost unique in rock history! David Marks is the Rocky Balboa of rock'n roll!!!

I wish him well. Get better, David!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 03:53:47 AM »

Carrie has posted on Facebook that David is back home, resting, and expected to make a full recovery. Most excellent news.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2015, 04:37:12 AM »

Carrie has posted on Facebook that David is back home, resting, and expected to make a full recovery. Most excellent news.

Thanks for the update. That's good to know.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »

Right on! Smiley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 07:03:49 AM »

Hooray! Welcome news.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »

Thank God...so happy to hear!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »

Good to hear!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:29 AM »

Thanks for passing on the news AGD; speedy recovery wishes, David.

“We live in divisive times.”
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »

Rest up, David - best wishes for a full recovery.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

And remember...NO CHEETOS!!!

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »

All the best David, take care and get well soon.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »

Hoping for a quick and meaningful recovery!

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 01:33:42 AM »

This is very good news.   Cheesy

I'll never look at Cheetos the same again.  Lucky I don't actually know what they are at any rate, because if I were to come across one on the street, who knows what I might do to it.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2015, 03:36:28 AM »

Great; glad to hear it! 

mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »

I've been away from this board the last few days, so I just saw this thread.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious than it is.  And I'm glad David's on the road to recovery.

Best wishes for a full recovery, David!  You're the one Beach Boy with whom I share a first name.  You're in my prayers, and in those of many others.

Good Vibrations, Love and Mercy.
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

Posted by David on Facebook at approximately 3:30 PM Eastern today....

"Thank you for all the love and prayers, it was very overwhelming, I am very grateful for my friends, family and fans for your support, it really means a lot to me. My extended Beach Boys family especially came through for me and I was blown away by all the love!

"Some of you may be wondering what all the fuss is about? Well, I had a boner lasting more than 4 hours so I had to go the emergency room. Just kidding. In the dark hours of Friday morning, I had a close call with my heart but I was fortunate enough get to the ER within a few minutes of the onset of the crippling chest pain and I was given treatment and medication right away that prevented a serious heart attack. In spite of my low weight, not eating meat and having low blood pressure and normal cholesterol levels only six months ago, I had a genetic condition passed on from my father and Pappy Marks. Everything was fixed with an angioplasty and a few stents so I should be feeling even better than before very soon.

"I am especially thankful to the ER staff at St Joseph’s Emergency Room in Burbank for saving my life by stopping this idiot from ripping out his own IV out so he could go play a show! It’s very possible I wouldn’t be here if they hadn’t convinced me to stay and get treatment even though I was being an asshole and they probably wanted me out the door.
The good news is that I should have loads more energy as soon I recover from the initial trauma and I’m looking forward to getting back on the road asap! Thank you again for all the good thoughts! Love, David"

https://www.facebook.com/DavidMarksOfficial
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:06:10 PM by jeremylr » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

Funny and fantastic update! Glad to hear that David is doing much better!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

I knew that the "boner" part was bogus.  Carrie never would have allowed him to quit the Cheetos otherwise. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »

Great to hear David is doing better. It's best to have have good sense of humor as David does. It makes healing that much easier.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »

Great to read David is doing fine.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »

A boner for four hours doesn't sound too bad  Grin

All the best David, this thread sucked for a few pages.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2015, 07:10:59 PM »

It's a stint not a boner.  While your still confused when you come to mpls. can I get a backstage pass? 
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »

David was recording here a few weeks ago.  The tracks are dynamite...I think the guy has just begun to show the world what he can do.  So glad he's on the mend.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »

I guess I simply don't know the author nor his studio details, etc., so please pardon me for not understanding what recording session this is. If appropriate, please fill in the uninitiated.

Two of my three favorite songs on NPP are the Brian-Dave-Al songs--just love Dave's guitar work. Imagine what a new BB album would be with Bruce and Mike adding their "best" work lyrically, vocally, musically to team of B-D-A, who have proved that they can work together well and complement each other's talents.

Listened to the 2 Moon albums today--amazing.

Lots of inspiration and craft still to come from Dave as solo artist, guest artist, and, and I hope, as BB guitarist.

David was recording here a few weeks ago.  The tracks are dynamite...I think the guy has just begun to show the world what he can do.  So glad he's on the mend.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx