gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:38:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David marks  (Read 30946 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »

Dammit. Dammit.

Wishing with all my heart that David beats this one as he has all his other afflictions. He's one tough cookie, not to mention being one of the flat out funniest guys I know. Hang in there. You too, Carrie, lot of people care about you both.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 12:18:02 AM »

Oh no!
Hang in their David, get well soon.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »

Best wishes, David.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 02:25:10 AM »

Get well soon, David!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »

Get well soon David.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 04:42:02 AM »

We are so glad you received help in time and will keep you and Carrie in our thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.  ~ Jim and Bernadette
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 05:14:43 AM »

I really hate to see Dr.'s hope David feels the same.  Get better .... Get Home!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 06:20:38 AM »

He is absolutely in my thoughts.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »

I'm pulling for you Dave.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »

Wishing you speedy recovery, David.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 10:06:22 AM »

I'm hoping for a quick recovery for David. We know you can do it, Dave.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 10:14:47 AM »

I saw Brian and Mike's fb posts on this, hopefully Dave makes a quick recovery.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 11:27:21 AM »

The news from Carrie this morning is good. Hopefully he'll be resting and recovering at home tomorrow.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »

Can someone show us Brian's facebook post? I am not on that. In a recent interview, questioned about any future work with the BB (link below), Brian says "no, not so far" about any plan to work together again--not absolute rejection. They do not have to reunite for a major tour or even album, but what a nice incentive it would be for Dave if they planned a special show all together when he's better.  

mc-interviewing-brian-wilson-beach-boys-founder-coming-to-eastons-state-theatre-still-finds-inspiration-20151016-column.html

Everyone (more or less) at the show last night was from the area, and the show had a real South Bay "high-school-dance" feel. It was a stone's throw from where the Boys grew up--right in their back yard as it were. Phil asked the crowd to say a prayer for Dave, and a shout of love and joy rose up. I hope the next time he starts the rhythm on Do it Again it is with all his original band mates around him.

As for the promotion of the show, not to be unkind to the nice fellow there , who was distraught and worried about Dave and is evidently a great friend of the band and the BB, but something was off. A "jersey boys" tribute band was also supposed to play, and the crowd shouted about that during the promoter's intro comments, and he said "they rescheduled," indicating another layer of chaos and confusion--some failure of communication that led to low ticket sales.

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2015, 11:46:10 AM »

It's situations like this that really put all of the band bickering stuff in perspective, doesn't it? It sure would be nice to have another album or tour from the surviving Beach Boys although most of all I think just a sense of closure between all members would be a good ending. I'm glad Dave's feeling better. It's the continued health and happiness of the band that I believe should be most important these days.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »

Can someone show us Brian's facebook post? I am not on that. In a recent interview, questioned about any future work with the BB (link below), Brian says "no, not so far" about any plan to work together again--not absolute rejection. They do not have to reunite for a major tour or even album, but what a nice incentive it would be for Dave if they planned a special show all together when he's better.  

mc-interviewing-brian-wilson-beach-boys-founder-coming-to-eastons-state-theatre-still-finds-inspiration-20151016-column.html

Everyone (more or less) at the show last night was from the area, and the show had a real South Bay "high-school-dance" feel. It was a stone's throw from where the Boys grew up--right in their back yard as it were. Phil asked the crowd to say a prayer for Dave, and a shout of love and joy rose up. I hope the next time he starts the rhythm on Do it Again it is with all his original band mates around him.

As for the promotion of the show, not to be unkind to the nice fellow there , who was distraught and worried about Dave and is evidently a great friend of the band and the BB, but something was off. A "jersey boys" tribute band was also supposed to play, and the crowd shouted about that during the promoter's intro comments, and he said "they rescheduled," indicating another layer of chaos and confusion--some failure of communication that led to low ticket sales.

Last night I found out that David Marks was in the hospital. Let's send David our prayers and wish him a speedy recovery!
– Brian

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
David1964
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »

Get well soon David! Thoughts and prayers are with you.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »

The news from Carrie this morning is good. Hopefully he'll be resting and recovering at home tomorrow.

Thank you Jon for the update! Please keep us informed of David's recovery, if you can. Lots of love for him and Carrie from all circles of the Board!

PS - Good to see you post again, I wish it was under better circumstances,. If you have time, any news on the updated, expanded release of The Real Beach Boy?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »

Rest easy David!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »

These last few years, he went from "The Lost Beach Boy" to "the extremely underrated Beach Boy" and proved to be one of the best things about the 2012 reunion tour. It's great to know that he's the only member who still tours (well, guest appearances really) with Mike & Bruce AND with Brian / Al / Blondie...
David Marks is a wonderful guitar player, loved his solos on the 2012 reunion. Loved his vocals on Getcha Back... He seems to have a great sense of humor. I've never heard him say anything bad about anybody else in the band... Classy guy!

I sure hope he gets better real fast!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »

I could not have put it better, so thank you for your wonderful post. If you listen to the live recordings and see the live shows, it's Dave doing some marvelous stuff, playing his own parts from the records, playing Carl's parts from the records, and playing all the guitar parts from songs which he himself had not recorded from later in the Beach Boys career and therefore had to Master for the tour itself. I continue to find that extraordinary and a marvelous artistic creative accomplishment. And even when Dave is playing a classic lick note for note, he is elaborating on it or bending it a certain way with a certain bluesy and jazzy feel. There are so many songs such as little Honda where he's playing things not on the record but which sound so endemic to the Beach Boys spirit. I read John's book The Lost beach boy over and over, always smiling to myself in knowing that there is a marvelously understood extra chapter which is Dave's triumphant return to the Beach Boys which continues to this day and I'm sure will continue in the future. One of the true constants in beach boy history, along with Brian's genius and Mikes showmanship, and Al's innocent and sweet voice, has been that everybody loves and appreciates Dave for his humility, artistry, consistency, and loving loyalty to the entire group, all his bandmates whom he cherishes.

These last few years, he went from "The Lost Beach Boy" to "the extremely underrated Beach Boy" and proved to be one of the best things about the 2012 reunion tour. It's great to know that he's the only member who still tours (well, guest appearances really) with Mike & Bruce AND with Brian / Al / Blondie...
David Marks is a wonderful guitar player, loved his solos on the 2012 reunion. Loved his vocals on Getcha Back... He seems to have a great sense of humor. I've never heard him say anything bad about anybody else in the band... Classy guy!

I sure hope he gets better real fast!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »

Amen, professor -- nicely said and true that! Dave is an awesome musician.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

Get well soon Dave, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2015, 05:51:42 PM »

Hey, I can't find any news online. Does anyone have an update? Is David Marks still in the hospital? Is it looking good for him? fingers crossed..
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:48 PM »

Wishing all the best for Dave!  He's a great musician and he's been great to us fans.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx