-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Umpqua Community College shooting today
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Umpqua Community College shooting today  (Read 7949 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »

edit: moved
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »

Classy as always, Bean Bag.

Dear World. This blowhard does not speak for America.

Not that I expect you to show the slightest hint of decency, but please quit saying "we" as if you or your ilk were some massive majority being somehow undermined by a tiny fringe imposing its will on the country. To quote you (one of the only times I can imagine doing so), "you speak only for yourself." There are a broad spectrum of opinions. You can be as repetitive and loud as you want, but afterward, there will still be a broad spectrum of ideas. That's freedom. That's America. And to quote you again (miracles never cease), "if you're too stupid to understand that, export yourself." (Spoken tongue-in-cheek, naturally. It takes an absolute idiot to truly think that people with a different opinion are pawns, or stupid, or part of a tyranny movement, or radical, and should leave the country to those people who agree with hi.)

Sorry to the board for sinking to the cartoon windbag's level, and sorry to TRBB (who is capable of actual, informed discussion and whose wishes I have honored here by keeping politics out of it). I'll try not to do it in the future. But I'm sure at some point I'll get riled up again by some wholly inaccurate and/or vitriolic spittle.

Oh, name calling a fellow board member?  I'm a blowhard?  Classy.  May I suggest a title for you now?  Not my style...

But Obama did say "we're NUMB to this.."  I watched him say it. Now, why in the flying fck can I not reacte to that grotesque mischaracterzation?  And with ADEQUATE emotion?  And what in the name of Sam Hill makes me a damn cartoon to do so?

You're starting to sound like one of those people that think they're too good for this and then indulge at every turn. Now, you're free to respond with the posture of great flailing disdain at the nature of the dialogue here in America. But I will retort, there are many great happy places where your side prevails. Go there and back stab away. America may be a tad too direct and robust for some. And that's OK.

Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »

(... http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-51443 ...)

Listen, listen, listen...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: