gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:39:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 2898 times)
MontgoC
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:09:46 AM »

First time posting here to Smiley Smile, though I've been lurking for a little while. I'm sort of an oddball - honestly I've only been into the Beach Boys for a few months.
Honestly, I'm mainly a film buff (but I do play/listen to music quite often). Early in the summer, I saw Love and Mercy with my friend Travis, who is a huge Brian Wilson fan, and I instantly got hooked. I bought Pet Sounds and the huge SMiLE Sessions box set (and soon after a swath of their other albums), watched about a hundred documentaries, read the important articles/books, started my own mix of SMiLE... I've fully immersed myself in the Beach Boys.
I can't believe all the beautiful sounds I've missed out on over the years. I can't wait to learn more and to discuss the band's rich history and, of course, their music.

Oh, and where is the best place to post a link to my WIP of SMiLE? I'd like to hear y'all's opinions. Smiley
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »

Hey yourself, MontgoC,

Welcome aboard.

Re home brewed Smile, just create a topic avec links in General Music Discussion and they will come, good luck.

- A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »

Welcome! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx