gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 05:30:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beatles Cartoons  (Read 1509 times)
KDS
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:13:22 AM »

I'm a child of the 1980s, so I didn't see these until MTV ran them, but I used to love these cartoons. 

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-beatles-animated-series-premieres/

I wonder what has a better chance of a DVD release, this or Let It Be. 
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »

A Blu-ray release of the cartoons will be far more likely because Let it Be DVD was already talked about before, but nothing came through.    Sad
KDS
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:44:34 AM »

Personally, I preferred these cartoons to the Yellow Submarine movie.  Yet, Yellow Submarine has been released several times on digital media.  Could be a rights issue. 
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »

Just today Mitch Axelrod, who wrote the Beatletoons book about the cartoon show, posted on Facebook a long explanation as to why he's so passionate about the cartoons; definitely worth a read. He posted it to the Fab 4 Free 4 All podcast page. Long story short: he was three years old when they first aired and he loved them, and reruns got him through a very rough childhood.

Mitch is really pining for these cartoons to be released, but he's pretty sure it won't happen because of today's PC culture...and some of them are pretty darned, well...let's be blunt: racist.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »

They're fun to watch because of the music, but other than that....well, there's a reason Yellow Submarine has been re-released multiple times, and the tv show has not.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »

The ironic thing is that the cartoon was made by the same company that did Yellow Submarine and even had one of the same voices.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »

The ironic thing is that the cartoon was made by the same company that did Yellow Submarine and even had one of the same voices.
  At least they tried to get the voices right in YS. The tv show had them totally wrong.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 06:47:45 AM »

Just today Mitch Axelrod, who wrote the Beatletoons book about the cartoon show, posted on Facebook a long explanation as to why he's so passionate about the cartoons; definitely worth a read. He posted it to the Fab 4 Free 4 All podcast page. Long story short: he was three years old when they first aired and he loved them, and reruns got him through a very rough childhood.

Mitch is really pining for these cartoons to be released, but he's pretty sure it won't happen because of today's PC culture...and some of them are pretty darned, well...let's be blunt: racist.

A lot of older cartoons aren't PC by today's standards, but so what?  It's just a product of the times.  It would be one thing if the rights to The Beatles songs holds up any possible DVD release, but I sincerely home the PC Police wouldn't be the ones keeping the show from coming out. 

Watch most beloved Rankin Bass Xmas special, and the antagonist is usually speaking in a Russian accent.  Could you imagine if they tried the same today (would probably be a middle Eastern accent instead of a Russian one)? 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx