gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 06:40:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB LFI photo auction Oct. 4  (Read 1264 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »

Got this promo via email today. I went to look at the photos. There are some real gems in the collection, some you've even seen in print before. All you need is a whole lot of money.

Backstage Auctions, Inc. is a leading on-line music memorabilia auction house that specializes in hosting one-of-a-kind auction events for musicians and industry professionals. Currently we have the pleasure and privilege to feature the historic archive of 'London Features International' (LFI), which was one of the oldest and best-known London based British photo agencies.

Offered are over 25,000 original negatives, slides and transparencies from the 1965 - 1980 British music scene including some of the most iconic musicians and bands of all time. The collection is presented in a little over 400 individual lots, almost all of which will be offered with a full transfer of rights, which makes this material not only collectible but also commercially appealing and exceptionally valuable.

Among the many artists featured in this collection we have some very interesting Beach Boys material that we believe you ... might be interested to see and know about. Here is a direct link to the featured lots:

http://www.backstageauctions.com/catalog/beach-boys/ac/0/975/

The auction preview is currently live. The auction itself will start this coming weekend and will end on Sunday, October 4, 2015.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:53:40 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »

Got this promo via email today. I went to look at the photos. There are some real gems in the collection, some you've even seen in print before. All you need is a whole lot of money.

Backstage Auctions, Inc. is a leading on-line music memorabilia auction house that specializes in hosting one-of-a-kind auction events for musicians and industry professionals. Currently we have the pleasure and privilege to feature the historic archive of 'London Features International' (LFI), which was one of the oldest and best-known London based British photo agencies.

Offered are over 25,000 original negatives, slides and transparencies from the 1965 - 1980 British music scene including some of the most iconic musicians and bands of all time. The collection is presented in a little over 400 individual lots, almost all of which will be offered with a full transfer of rights, which makes this material not only collectible but also commercially appealing and exceptionally valuable.

Among the many artists featured in this collection we have some very interesting Beach Boys material that we believe you ... might be interested to see and know about. Here is a direct link to the featured lots:

http://www.backstageauctions.com/catalog/beach-boys/ac/0/975/

The auction preview is currently live. The auction itself will start this coming weekend and will end on Sunday, October 4, 2015.

Perhaps....   Someone here will play and win the lotto prior to the end of the auction and desire the rights to ALL the photos? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »

Good luck, bgas!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:06:50 AM »

Got the same email. First image, from 1966, was tagged "very early Beach Boys". Pass.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »

I helped identify dates for these (also The Who) since there was almost NO date/venue info provided with any of these photos/negatives...it was a fun project.  Photos from the individual UK tours apparently were then combined into lots.  I did NOT describe 1965-66 as "very early Beach Boys" however!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:02:13 PM by Les P » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx