gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:30:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alone On christmas Day ... new single  (Read 21884 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2015, 07:53:56 PM »

People, people...Mike recently recorded this. Not a Beach Boys release. Now, get back to arguing over how C50 ended and how Mike owes Brian everything, and the other assorted opinions-stated-as-facts (that are generally completely made up).

If you use the mind set that what is truly "The Beach Boys" ended in 1998, it would be much easier to accept what is current.

Fact or opinion?   Wink

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »

If Brian Wilson isn't involved with or appearing on a new group recording, it can't be labelled a "Beach Boys" release. I thought that had been established and known since the late 90's, maybe.
He is on the original recording. I just bought the cassette off of Ebay last month. It really depends whether Mike uses any or all of the original recording. If it is all original then it is in fact a Beach Boys track.

There cannot be a Beach Boys release without approval, for one. A new single with Mike, Bruce, and Jeff Foskett singing atop a vintage backing track doesn't meet the standard, if that's what people here think it might be. The guidelines as to what can or cannot be labeled "The Beach Boys" in terms of new releases were specific enough to prevent things like the NASCAR tribute from being called a Beach Boys album. No Brian, no Beach Boys. No approval, no Beach Boys.

Kokomo?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »

If Brian Wilson isn't involved with or appearing on a new group recording, it can't be labelled a "Beach Boys" release. I thought that had been established and known since the late 90's, maybe.
He is on the original recording. I just bought the cassette off of Ebay last month. It really depends whether Mike uses any or all of the original recording. If it is all original then it is in fact a Beach Boys track.

There cannot be a Beach Boys release without approval, for one. A new single with Mike, Bruce, and Jeff Foskett singing atop a vintage backing track doesn't meet the standard, if that's what people here think it might be. The guidelines as to what can or cannot be labeled "The Beach Boys" in terms of new releases were specific enough to prevent things like the NASCAR tribute from being called a Beach Boys album. No Brian, no Beach Boys. No approval, no Beach Boys.

Kokomo?

Silly me, one would think he was talking about the current situation, or at least the post-Landy situation.

Or maybe Ted Cruz just likes randomly spouting out the word "Kokomo" whenever he feels like it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:22:28 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2015, 09:29:56 PM »

Kokomo?

Kokomo was 1988, Cam. After February 1998, the entire game changed, including the rules. In 1988 there was no need for licensing and agreements regarding the name or who can tour as The Beach Boys, who can release new music as The Beach Boys, etc.

Did you seriously not consider that after all the years you've been at this?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2015, 09:56:22 PM »

Quote from: a lot of people here
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, ASSHOLE

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »

The latter in your case. 3rd time is the charm.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »

People, people...Mike recently recorded this. Not a Beach Boys release. Now, get back to arguing over how C50 ended and how Mike owes Brian everything, and the other assorted opinions-stated-as-facts (that are generally completely made up).

Glad to have that stated as fact. Would appreciate a source though, please?

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »

What's your source?  Smiley

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »

Eh?  Huh

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:48 PM »

What part of this post deserves a ban?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2015, 10:55:55 PM »

Eh?  Huh

In an earlier reply to a comment about this being or not being a Beach Boys release, you said when the truth comes out, it will piss on a few picnics or something along those lines, and combined with the reply to Etherton's "not a Beach Boys release" above it sounded like you may know something more about it.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »

You explain it then. Who is being called an asshole?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2015, 10:58:58 PM »

No one. The post is describing his perception of the attitudes on display in this thread. No one is being called an asshole.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

Eh?  Huh

In an earlier reply to a comment about this being or not being a Beach Boys release, you said when the truth comes out, it will piss on a few picnics or something along those lines, and combined with the reply to Etherton's "not a Beach Boys release" above it sounded like you may know something more about it.

Ah… the. Maybe I should have phrased it "pissed on a few picnics either way."

Glad one of us is paying attention.

My picnic's doused… I'd've loved for this to have been a rewritten newly recorded Brian-produced version by all the surviving main members. Cos despite everything that's still my fantasy.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »

No one. The post is describing his perception of the attitudes on display in this thread. No one is being called an asshole.

That is also how I understood it. I really hope this isn't a banning issue.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2015, 11:04:34 PM »

In general, why not post normal, conversational sentences that don't need to be translated? This schtick is stale, man. It's not funny, it's not clever, it often makes no sense, and if I post a reply to you or anyone as was posted above, do you THINK someone might not get the joke of the wording that includes the word ASSHOLE in caps?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2015, 11:07:25 PM »

In general, why not post normal, conversational sentences that don't need to be translated? This schtick is stale, man. It's not funny, it's not clever, it often makes no sense, and if I post a reply to you or anyone as was posted above, do you THINK someone might not get the joke of the wording that includes the word ASSHOLE in caps?

True, why would we want anyone to be unconventional when we could all stick to the same format?

Are we really going to send someone away because they're different? I can tell you see what the intention was. The question is: is he going to remained banned due to an misunderstanding on your part?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2015, 11:10:23 PM »

So "a lot of people here" are quoted as saying "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, ASSHOLE", and this is supposed to mean what, exactly? Who are the people, who is being told love it or leave it, who is being called an asshole, and what reply is expected at this point? It doesn't make sense. Beyond that, why not post something that at least makes sense which others can reply to, and debate, and argue about, and discuss? Like a normal conversation, or debate, or argument, or pissing match, for example. This makes no sense.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what the *point* of the post was to begin with! But looking at his post history, I could say that about many of his past posts as well.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »

Someone explain it, then explain why it couldn't have been said that way in the first place.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »

If Runnerz is banned, like Mikie before and no doubt others, I think … well I don't know what to think any more. Not sure I dare state what I think.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2015, 11:19:59 PM »

At this point I think Emo Phillips buzzing on nitrous would make more sense then some of those posts, but what do I know.  Smiley

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:21 PM »

You guys can't be so dense as to not understand what he's saying. It's simply a way of expressing his view that people are exhibiting a "love it or leave it" mentality while being belligerent with each other. Hence the insult at the end. He called no one an "asshole". In fact, it seems quite clear that it's how he sees other people interacting with each other.

As for why he couldn't have said it like that... Why should he have to? Are we not allowed to do things differently? Come on, this is ridiculous. You're banning someone on the basis of "I don't get it".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:59 PM »

You guys can't be so dense as to not understand what he's saying. It's simply a way of expressing his view that people are exhibiting a "love it or leave it" mentality while being belligerent with each other. Hence the insult at the end. He called no one an "asshole". In fact, it seems quite clear that it's how he sees other people interacting with each other.

As for why he couldn't have said it like that... Why should he have to? Are we not allowed to do things differently? Come on, this is ridiculous. You're banning someone on the basis of "I don't get it".

Love or leave what? Please explain it.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »

And who was being belligerent to each other in this thread? Please explain it.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx