gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:46:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something I'm working on for Vol. 3 --- "Our Prayer"...  (Read 3243 times)
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »

I've only recorded about 30 seconds of it so far...and this is a rough mix version, with added cheesy reverb.  The original wavs are dry as a bone, and can be mixed around to (hopefully) better the sound.  Hopefully I am on the right track with this...though, it is exactly like the original in style.  Maybe I should try something to differentiate it from the norm...?

[update: this is a fuller version] http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7A8A8F1603EB1968
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:41:48 PM by idigworms » Logged
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:52:24 PM »

Very excellent. Wow, I am impressed, with the way you worked the notes, and the timbre of each part. Beautiful phrasing. The reverb gives it the fullness, maybe back off a hair, but not much. How strange to hear only half of the piece. I hope you can match up the volume , attack, phrasing, etc..to the second half, and complete the whole minute -10 sec composition. Really strong work. nice blend.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:03:25 PM »

That's absolutely amazing, sounds almost exactly like the original.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:59:26 AM »

WOW Beautiful
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »

I'm thinking of using "Our Prayer" as an intro into a version of "The Lord's Prayer"...

BTW here is the [as of the moment] somewhat finished "Prayer"...I'd like to add the high Bb toward the end, but I am debating...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7A8A8F1603EB1968

And I just noticed, PMcC...by co-inki-dink, this version is exactly 1 minute, 10 seconds.

Or maybe I should use prayer as an intro to an acappella "Lovely Rita"...?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:06:36 PM by idigworms » Logged
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 11:50:56 AM »

I've decided to use Our Prayer as an intro...to River Song (another Dennis cover).  Vol. 3, here I come.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 01:43:39 PM »

Wow that was excellent, very very impressive!  I think using it as "you know, a little intro" to River Song will be cool too. 
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 08:00:21 PM »

This is harder than I thought it would be, regarding "River Song".  I am finding it quite difficult to make myself sound like a black gospel choir!  But, then, I am also trying to sound like Dennis on the lead vocal, and people might not like that, for whatever reason...maybe if I could get a choir on loan...?  And someone who sounds exactly like Dennis.  LOL.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx