gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:36:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPDATED Brian and Melinda Wilson, Campaign To Change Direction News and Updates  (Read 16904 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »

To get back on topic for a second..... Anyone have any guess on how much the tickets for this benefit gig may cost. I really really wanna go but I'm also a poor college student who's already seen Brian twice and have tickets for a third show but still it's Brian F...ing Wilson! And I'm sure the crowd will be super small and the show super intimate.

No ticket prices given yet but I suspect since this is a benefit they'll be kinda high. Should mention that 16 days later on Nov 20 Brian and Al do a show at the Robert Parilla theater at Montgomery College's Rockville, MD campus, about 16 miles away from where this show is. Tix there still available, about 120 of 'em, and start at $30. Info below.
http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »

New Brian interview/article re: this subject. Apologies if it has already been posted

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/66079/

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »

Is this the first time B. Wilson has talked non-evasively in public about his mental illness? If so, it's not only very generous and brave but a huge personal step.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »

Is this the first time B. Wilson has talked non-evasively in public about his mental illness? If so, it's not only very generous and brave but a huge personal step.

Actually, he gave an in-depth interview on the subject back in 2006. One of the best, if saddest, interviews he's done.

http://www.abilitymagazine.com/past/brianW/brianw.html
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »

Actually, he gave an in-depth interview on the subject back in 2006. One of the best, if saddest, interviews he's done.

http://www.abilitymagazine.com/past/brianW/brianw.html
Wow. I've come across that link several times in Google, but never followed it, I guess because the headline seemed cheesy. What a mistake! Thanks. It was powerful.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »

No problem! Actually, that version is cut off -- IIRC, the full interview goes in-depth about his medication regimen, etc.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lloyd-i-sederer-md/the-five-signs-flotus-potus-rock--roll-and-brian-wilson_b_8233286.html

Nice letter from Michelle Obama.  I know there was reference to this before, but I can't find the thread.  I'm ready for the finger wagging on that one, but I thought others might enjoy this.  Thanks to a friend for finding it.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2015, 10:38:12 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lloyd-i-sederer-md/the-five-signs-flotus-potus-rock--roll-and-brian-wilson_b_8233286.html
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »

Nice things are happening! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »

Nice letter from Michelle Obama.  I know there was reference to this before, but I can't find the thread.  I'm ready for the finger wagging on that one, but I thought others might enjoy this.  Thanks to a friend for finding it.

Super news. Thanks for posting Debbie
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »

Awesome!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »

It's good that the recognition has reached this level. Well done on the part of the Obamas.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2015, 11:12:35 AM »

I see someone else posted this right after me.  It's nice not to be the last one, for once!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2015, 11:17:58 AM »

Excellent. I had a sense that this film would have far reaching influence. What a thrill - "The White House" letterhead.

Bravo!  Brian, Dennis, & Carl
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »

There were several threads started on this topic, so I merged them all together to post and discuss all information and updates so far.

Really, really great developments all around, and a very worthwhile effort and cause.

Mr. and Mrs. Wilson go to Washington! How cool is that.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »

Outstanding!

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »

The latest line of Beach Boys White House connections.

Extremely wonderful stuff, well done L&M (Whole of the Production Crew) and Mr & Mrs Wilson   Thumbs Up
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »

Wow -- good for FLOTUS!

Now, about the Gershwin Award for Brian... could you please put in the good word with the President for us? Thanks so much.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:48:22 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 04:20:58 PM »

Wow -- good for FLOTUS!

Now, about the Gershwin Award for Brian... could you please put in the good word with the President for us? Thanks so much.

The Gershwin Award is definitely one that Brian - of all people - should have!  Maybe this is the year, given the wonderful work Brian and Melinda are doing with Messrs. Dano and Pohlad...
Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »

Very cool!!   Thank you for posting it!

Listen, listen, listen...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »

To be brutally honest I hear about social causes all the time and roll my eyes, but upon reading about this initiative i'm pleased to see it's a really good cause and a step in the right direction.  Glad Brian's getting associated with this, i'll try to keep it in mind in the future....   Also nice letter from the first lady, I imagine Brian really enjoyed that. 
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »

Tickets for the Nov 4 Tysons Center event now available at the link below, and as I predicted, they are quite steep. $500 VIP (soundcheck, autographed CDs) and $300 general admission. The hotel ballroom where this will be has a capacity of (I think) around 200 but I don't know if that many tix will be sold.

https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/144243/328988/?&&
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »

Yes?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print