-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Fall TV
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fall TV  (Read 19401 times)
KDS
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:34:42 AM »

I figured The Sandbox could use a lighter topic. 

Are there any particular new or returning shows that people are looking forward to seeing this Fall? 

Personally, I'm intrigued by the 2nd season of Gotham.  The first season was somewhat uneven.  But it looks like they're going to focus more on the villains in the new season, which IMO is the most interesting part of the Batman story anyway. 

Also, I'm interested to see how Sleepy Hollow's third season goes with new showrunners.  I thought the first season was top notch.  There were some fumbles in Season 2 (maybe 22 episodes instead of 13 was a bad idea), so I'm hoping for a bit of a return to form in Season 3. 
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »

Hi all,

New shows I will watch:

Blood & Oil
Life In Pieces
Grandfathered
The Grinder
Limitless
The Player

Returning shows I will watch:

Madame Secretary
CSI: Cyber
Scorpion
Castle
NCIS: New Orleans
Nashville
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
KDS
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:06:34 AM »

Is The Grinder the one with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage?  I might check that one out. 

Not really a fall show, but I'm really enjoying Sex & Drugs & Rock N Roll on FX with Denis Leary.  It premiered about six weeks ago. 
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:21 AM »

Hi all,

Another returning show I will watch:

The Big Bang Theory
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 07:14:53 AM »

Hi all,

Yes, The Grinder is the show with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage in it. 
KDS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 07:36:09 AM »

Hi all,

Yes, The Grinder is the show with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage in it. 

OK.  I might check that out. 

I'll likely check out American Horror Story: Hotel.  This is the 5th season, and I don't think AHS ever regained their Season 1 form.  So, if the first three episodes are "meh," I'll likely check out of this hotel.  Especially since the lead will be Lady Ga Ga instead of Jessica Lange. 

And of course, Season 6 of The Walking Dead starts next month.   Grin
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

I've enjoyed all of American Horror Story so far but have reservations about Season 5 mainly down to no Jessica Lange and casting Lady Gaga in a main role.
Season 6 of The Walking Dead cannot come fast enough for me. I don't have the channel that screens the spin off show but from what I've read I'm not missing much.
Anyone excited for Ash Vs The Evil Dead? 

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 09:08:55 AM »

I've enjoyed all of American Horror Story so far but have reservations about Season 5 mainly down to no Jessica Lange and casting Lady Gaga in a main role.
Season 6 of The Walking Dead cannot come fast enough for me. I don't have the channel that screens the spin off show but from what I've read I'm not missing much.
Anyone excited for Ash Vs The Evil Dead? 

I'm also looking forward to Ash Vs The Evil Dead.

I've watched the first two episodes of Fear the Walking Dead, and I like it a lot.  I like the idea of showing the beginning of the epidemic, which the original Walking Dead was not able to.  However, I feel like once everything breaks down, and the walkers have overrun humanity, it'll feel more like a carbon copy of TWD.

I loved the original AHS.  Asylum had a lot of potential, and moved along nicely.  What there were several questions unanswered (aliens?).  Coven was alright, and I did like it more than I thought.  Freak Show got off to a great start, but to me, it turned into a mess, and I struggled to finish the season. 
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »

I am so so excited for the new season of Fargo.  That's the only returning show I'm looking forward to though.  I used to love The Good Wife and Scandal but both went downhill last season, I'm skeptical about whether I want to return to either one.  It's especially unlikely I will start watching Scandal again.

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »

Looking forward to AMERICAN HORROR STORY and THE LAST MAN ON EARTH.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Late Show with Stephen Colbert!
I'll also be looking forward to yet another season of South Park.

I also say it's way past time to cancel Grey's Anatomy and bring back Scrubs in it's place.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

Colbert has been doing a great job so far.  The show is clearly still a work-in-progress but there have been some hilarious segments and the interviews are top-notch.

KDS
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:06 AM »

I also say it's way past time to cancel Grey's Anatomy and bring back Scrubs in it's place.

Yes, I'm always interested to see South Park's take on society.  I've been watching South Park since the beginning, and it got a little bumpy there a couple years ago.  But since they decided to do one, yearly, ten episode run (as opposed to the 14-16 episode seasons), the show has had a return to form. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

Yes, I'm always interested to see South Park's take on society.  I've been watching South Park since the beginning, and it got a little bumpy there a couple years ago.  But since they decided to do one, yearly, ten episode run (as opposed to the 14-16 episode seasons), the show has had a return to form. 

I actually found the last season to be one of the weakest since the early days. I think Trey Parker backs himself into a corner at times by insisting that each episode be produced early in the week and addressing whatever topic is currently in the news. Sometimes the latest headlines don't make for great comedy (or at the very least cannot sustain a 22 minute storyline).

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
KDS
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

I actually found the last season to be one of the weakest since the early days. I think Trey Parker backs himself into a corner at times by insisting that each episode be produced early in the week and addressing whatever topic is currently in the news. Sometimes the latest headlines don't make for great comedy (or at the very least cannot sustain a 22 minute storyline).

I thought last season did have a couple of duds.  But not as many as the years just prior to the shift to ten shows.  The 2013 season was very strong. 

I do wish that SP would do a few shows a year that weren't so topical.  Granted, the topcial stuff is great, but those episodes don't age as well as some of the non-topical ones. 
KDS
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 05:11:40 AM »

Here's one I forgot out.

The new Muppets TV debuts tonight on ABC. 

I loved The Muppets reboot movie that came out in 2011 (last year's Muppets Most Wanted left a little to be desired).  So, a mockumentary Office-style show on The Muppets could be really good. 
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »

Hi all,

The Big Bang Theory, Life In Pieces, Scorpion and Castle were excellent last night.  Life In Pieces is the new show. 
KDS
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

Hi all,

The Big Bang Theory, Life In Pieces, Scorpion and Castle were excellent last night.  Life In Pieces is the new show. 

Didn't see any of those, but I watched the premiere of Season 2 of Gotham.  I thought the first season was a little uneven, but I liked the episode last night. 
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »

That Muppets show was painful to watch.  I'll give it a try for another few episodes but I'm not very optimistic. 

I guess it's a bold experiment, turning the Muppets into a modern Office-like sitcom, but really, was there anybody in the world who wanted to see such a thing?

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:13:43 AM »

That Muppets show was painful to watch.  I'll give it a try for another few episodes but I'm not very optimistic. 

I guess it's a bold experiment, turning the Muppets into a modern Office-like sitcom, but really, was there anybody in the world who wanted to see such a thing?

Yes. Me. Thumbs up.
KDS
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 05:14:38 AM »

Yes. Me. Thumbs up.

I actually liked the first episode, with the exception of the 30 seconds where I had to listen to Imagine Dragons.  After the misstep that was Muppets Most Wanted, I set my expectations low, but it was pretty good. 

Plus, another watch dog group that knows better than all of us One Million Moms, wants the show taken off the air.  All the more reason to watch it and hope for it to be a hit. 
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 10:52:46 AM »

Hi all,

NCIS: New Orleans and Limitless were both wonderful last night.   
KDS
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »

I watched the season premieres of two Sunday mainstays on FOX last night - The Simpsons and Family Guy. 

The Simpsons had its moments, but overall, I thought it was pretty weak.  I hate to jump on that ever growing "Simpsons should be cancelled" bandwagon.  But 27 seasons in, it's hard to keep a show fresh and funny after almost 600 episodes. 

Family Guy had one of its better episodes in a while.  I'd heard rumors that this would be the final season so that Seth McFarlane would concentrate on movies, but thus far, have seen no evidence that this is the case. 

The Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park all go back to the 1990s (I know The Simpsons premiered in December 1989, but that was a Xmas special.  It began as a series in January 1990), and while they can still be funny and better than most TV comedy IMO, I think the creators might want to consider moving on. 
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 07:04:31 AM »

Hi all,

I watched Blood & Oil at 9 p.m. on CBS last night.  It was great!!!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »

Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Bob's Burgers both came back pretty strong.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: