gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:31:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: There's No Other (Like My Baby)  (Read 1163 times)
frightfulhog
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »

Apologies if a topic on this has circulated before (I tried unsuccessfully to search for one), but is this song not insanely gorgeous? Listening through MiC again, this song has been a real revelation. The acoustic arrangement makes me wish they'd done more spare, almost folksy tracks in the mid-60s, and the harmonies on the chorus are too good. Especially after hearing The Crystals' version, this may be one of the most interesting interpretations of Spector that Brian ever did.

Anyone else have thoughts on this track?

Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:25:57 AM »

I really like Brian's singing on it.  Does he jump to the high note at the top of the stack on the chorus, or is that someone else?  Discuss.
frightfulhog
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:03 AM »

I really like Brian's singing on it.  Does he jump to the high note at the top of the stack on the chorus, or is that someone else?  Discuss.

Just listened again - I distinctly hear Brian on a lower harmony part, yet that highest part sounds so unmistakably Brian. Hmm..

ash
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 02:53:33 AM »

Yep it's a great one. Insanely gorgeous indeed.
Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:11:58 AM »

Yep. One of the rare covers of a classic track that actually top the original. Insanely gorgeous is definitely the right word. And that's definitely Brian on the top part, no doubt about it.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 03:21:06 AM »

Yep. One of the rare covers of a classic track that actually top the original. Insanely gorgeous is definitely the right word. And that's definitely Brian on the top part, no doubt about it.

Just goes to show that even in '65, they didn't need the Wrecking Crew to cut a great track.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx