gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:11:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Al Jardine / Blondie Chaplin Fall 2015 Tour Thread  (Read 100238 times)
KDS
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »

Yeah, that's where I'll see.  That's an upgrade from when I saw him in the fifth row in Philly in June. 
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:28 PM »

Haven't seen it posted here yet, but there is a November 20th show in the DC area at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland.  Tickets went on sale this morning.  Theater seats 509.  Yes Al, no Blondie.

http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/index.htm

I can't even believe this he's playing where I go to school!!!! Literally 10 minutes from my house and I got second row for $30, this is the most amazing thing ever!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »

Haven't seen it posted here yet, but there is a November 20th show in the DC area at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland.  Tickets went on sale this morning.  Theater seats 509.  Yes Al, no Blondie.

http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/index.htm

I can't even believe this he's playing where I go to school!!!! Literally 10 minutes from my house and I got second row for $30, this is the most amazing thing ever!

Now that there must be a dream come true! Have a blast!

“We live in divisive times.”
sand pebble
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

John Manning,
Wow, I wish I had the student discount;   I am staff at MC, but still very thrilled to have the show here, even at a higher price!
Enjoy the show.

Oops, guess that's Chug-a-lug I meant to address.

OK... take 3: Baseball95. It's been a long day.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:36:41 PM by sand pebble » Logged
Chug-A-Lug
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »

I'm excited about it, too. I think it will be the smallest venue I've seen him in with the exception of having the good fortune of being at the Sirius show around the release of BWPS.  I live about ten minutes away, too, so couldn't pass up the opportunity.  I've never been to the theater at MC before.  How is it?   
Also, probably different thread topic, but it appears Brian is doing a soundtrack signing tomorrow night at the Barnes and Noble at Tyson's Corner at 5:30.
sand pebble
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »

It's small, 29 seats in first row, no center aisle.  Doesn't have the Warner's elegance, but sure is cozy. My work colleague walked through when Smokey Robinson played,and said the acoustics were good.  I took some photos earlier to show my sister our seats, and it struck me as a very dinky place to be seeing  Brian.  That's very appealing to me, and the ease of parking, etc., suits me fine. I've worked here 27 years and never attended a show before. Been to a few work meetings in there--  so it'll be nice to have a pleasant association with the place.  Not sure if they sell drinks at the shows or what the photo policy is-- will have to check on that. I got tix earlier today and will probably be fairly close to Al, as all the left side first row was gone. I wanted 1st row since I'm a bit claustrophobic without a center aisle, so the off center seats were fine by me.

So tickled at the notion of Brian in my back yard!

Not sure how to attach my photo, but here's a link to a virtual tour:

http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/other/tour.htm#

>>Yes, they sell beer and wine, and they take them to their seats despite signs forbidding it.  >>Everyone takes photos.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:17:24 PM by sand pebble » Logged
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »

Holding out for a New England date...or at least something more convenient than Queens.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »

Brian just added a concert date notice via Facebook:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/brian-wilson-partners-with-mental-health-organization-books-benefit-20150917

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2015, 10:29:44 AM »

New show: November 12th in Appleton, Wisconsin at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »

I’ve added the 11/4 benefit show and the 11/12 show to the top post, and I’ve noted that Al’s participation in the 11/4 date is unknown.

They’re cramming those dates together. 8 shows in 11 nights in November, including a run of four nights in a row. They’re not doing super long shows (around 32 songs give or take, probably around 90 minutes) and they can spread the leads around, so I’m sure they’ll be fine. But sometimes any band can lose a bit of energy and power when they hit a third or fourth night in a row.

Apart from their energy and stamina, I’m of course happy to see them fitting in as many dates as they can, and it looks like they’re hitting some cities they haven’t always hit on every tour. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:21:15 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »

Just got 2nd row seats with a student discount probably just a pinch behind Brian's keyboard......SO EXCITED!!!

I think we're going to get a longer show as the tour picks up. Maybe a return of an intermission? I just don't see them putting this long tour together and playing this really small venues and not taking advantage of the opportunities. Curious to see what they replace Blondie's songs with too...plus, there's no opening act this time out.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2015, 08:26:48 PM »

Just got 2nd row seats with a student discount probably just a pinch behind Brian's keyboard......SO EXCITED!!!

I think we're going to get a longer show as the tour picks up. Maybe a return of an intermission? I just don't see them putting this long tour together and playing this really small venues and not taking advantage of the opportunities. Curious to see what they replace Blondie's songs with too...plus, there's no opening act this time out.

The shows thus far have stayed a relatively consistent length in terms of running time, even without an opening act in Toronto or San Francisco. I don't anticipate the shows getting insanely longer. A few songs maybe. But I don't see them going from 32 or 33 songs to like 40 or 45. Would love if they did that, of course!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2015, 05:29:48 AM »

The shows thus far have stayed a relatively consistent length in terms of running time, even without an opening act in Toronto or San Francisco. I don't anticipate the shows getting insanely longer. A few songs maybe. But I don't see them going from 32 or 33 songs to like 40 or 45. Would love if they did that, of course!

I was hoping for something along the line of summer 2013...39 songs...still dreaming?haha

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2013/golden-nugget-atlantic-city-nj-7bc6aaa0.html
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2015, 07:04:19 AM »

I'm trying to decide where to buy tickets.  Is it usually better to sit in front of Brian or Al?  Or does it matter?  Does Brian generally leave the stage right after the show is over?  I want to bring something for him to sign, but if he leaves right away I won't bother.  Or I'll just sit in front of Al.
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2015, 07:17:18 AM »

Just got 2nd row center seats for the Virginia show with Blondie. The month after that I'll be going to the Raleigh show.

It's great to get to see them again so soon after the Atlanta show.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2015, 08:06:10 AM »

Just got row 12 for the whole family for Cincinnati.  My 7 year old daughter is hoping to hear "Saturday Night," I told her that probably won't happen but she is still super excited!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2015, 08:15:49 AM »

I'm trying to decide where to buy tickets.  Is it usually better to sit in front of Brian or Al?  Or does it matter?  Does Brian generally leave the stage right after the show is over?  I want to bring something for him to sign, but if he leaves right away I won't bother.  Or I'll just sit in front of Al.

They’re only about a piano’s length apart from each other (and on opening night in Saratoga, even closer since Brian used a smaller keyboard due to the smaller stage), so I wouldn’t think it would make too much difference. I suppose Brian’s piano is angled usually in such a way that, if you sit in front of Al, you’ll be a little closer to Al compared to how close you’d be to Brian if you sat right in front of him. I’d say that, coupled with other factors, would make it slightly easier to get Al to sign something after the show compared to Brian.

Brian usually books it during the ending to the song (usually “Good Vibrations”) prior to the encore. But he stays with the rest of the band for the final bow after “Love and Mercy.” I don’t know how often I’ve ever seen Brian sign something from the stage at the end of the concert. I’ve seen Al do that now and then.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »

They’re only about a piano’s length apart from each other (and on opening night in Saratoga, even closer since Brian used a smaller keyboard due to the smaller stage), so I wouldn’t think it would make too much difference. I suppose Brian’s piano is angled usually in such a way that, if you sit in front of Al, you’ll be a little closer to Al compared to how close you’d be to Brian if you sat right in front of him. I’d say that, coupled with other factors, would make it slightly easier to get Al to sign something after the show compared to Brian.

Brian usually books it during the ending to the song (usually “Good Vibrations”) prior to the encore. But he stays with the rest of the band for the final bow after “Love and Mercy.” I don’t know how often I’ve ever seen Brian sign something from the stage at the end of the concert. I’ve seen Al do that now and then.

Thanks for the info, but none if will matter since all of the seats up front were sold out.  Probably half of them were bought to be resold at a higher price.  Ended up getting the 11th row which is still pretty good.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »

Thanks for the info, but none if will matter since all of the seats up front were sold out.  Probably half of them were bought to be resold at a higher price.  Ended up getting the 11th row which is still pretty good.

Maybe some better seats will open up closer to the show date and you can buy those/ sell these

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »

Maybe some better seats will open up closer to the show date and you can buy those/ sell these

I did that for the Beach Boys concert last month and almost got burned on it.  Didn't find anything until a week or so before the concert.  Plus, with three people that can make the search more difficult.  I'll definitely be on the lookout, though. 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »

Just got row 12 for the whole family for Cincinnati.  My 7 year old daughter is hoping to hear "Saturday Night," I told her that probably won't happen but she is still super excited!

What section?  I'm in orchestra 2 seats 1-3, row K (row 11).  Maybe we'll see each other. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »

I dunno. Maybe I have the bar set too low. But unless you’re at an arena or stadium show, 11th row isn’t too bad. Brian has mostly played smaller venues when I’ve seen him (seating a few thousand at the most), so in some cases, anything on the “floor” section is pretty good. If you’re trying to high-five them on stage, it might be an issue. But in the 11th row, or even 20 rows back, I never feel like I have to break out the binoculars or anything.

lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »

True. I had 10th row center seats at both C50 shows I attended and they were great seats. I wouldn't bother going through the hastle of spending more money on better seats and hoping to sell off what you already have.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »

If Brian's at the White Piano he's been using the past couple years, you can't see his face when you're front row anyway. Best to be five-ten-even fifteen rows back so you can see him sing.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2015, 01:21:11 PM »

I dunno. Maybe I have the bar set too low. But unless you’re at an arena or stadium show, 11th row isn’t too bad. Brian has mostly played smaller venues when I’ve seen him (seating a few thousand at the most), so in some cases, anything on the “floor” section is pretty good. If you’re trying to high-five them on stage, it might be an issue. But in the 11th row, or even 20 rows back, I never feel like I have to break out the binoculars or anything.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are very good.  It has more to do with those being the best seats possible just 40 minutes after tickets went on sale.  Just a bit disappointed is all.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx