gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:42:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Al Jardine / Blondie Chaplin Fall 2015 Tour Thread  (Read 100112 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »

I dunno. Maybe I have the bar set too low. But unless you’re at an arena or stadium show, 11th row isn’t too bad. Brian has mostly played smaller venues when I’ve seen him (seating a few thousand at the most), so in some cases, anything on the “floor” section is pretty good. If you’re trying to high-five them on stage, it might be an issue. But in the 11th row, or even 20 rows back, I never feel like I have to break out the binoculars or anything.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are very good.  It has more to do with those being the best seats possible just 40 minutes after tickets went on sale.  Just a bit disappointed is all.

For sure, it's understandable. One always hopes for the best possible seats, and perhaps to luck out and get something insanely good (I have on occasion). But if you got those 40 minutes into the sale, that is pretty good. I've fared worse when I've snagged seats literally at the *moment* they go on sale.

The only good thing about the sometimes disproportionately expensive tickets for a few BW shows in my area has been that I've occasionally been priced out of the best section and got something a bit farther back, but still good, and cheaper, and sometimes more centered, and probably had less competition getting them.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

I dunno. Maybe I have the bar set too low. But unless you’re at an arena or stadium show, 11th row isn’t too bad. Brian has mostly played smaller venues when I’ve seen him (seating a few thousand at the most), so in some cases, anything on the “floor” section is pretty good. If you’re trying to high-five them on stage, it might be an issue. But in the 11th row, or even 20 rows back, I never feel like I have to break out the binoculars or anything.

Don't get me wrong, the seats are very good.  It has more to do with those being the best seats possible just 40 minutes after tickets went on sale.  Just a bit disappointed is all.

For sure, it's understandable. One always hopes for the best possible seats, and perhaps to luck out and get something insanely good (I have on occasion). But if you got those 40 minutes into the sale, that is pretty good. I've fared worse when I've snagged seats literally at the *moment* they go on sale.

Thinking much the same, save, wondering if you were trying for 40 minutes or that was the earliest you tried; 40 minutes is a LONG time for ticket sales

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »

Just got row 12 for the whole family for Cincinnati.  My 7 year old daughter is hoping to hear "Saturday Night," I told her that probably won't happen but she is still super excited!

What section?  I'm in orchestra 2 seats 1-3, row K (row 11).  Maybe we'll see each other.  

Probably pretty likely, I'm in orchestra 2 seats 1 - 5,  row L (row 12).  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:53:42 PM by Matt H » Logged
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2015, 02:52:03 PM »

Thinking much the same, save, wondering if you were trying for 40 minutes or that was the earliest you tried; 40 minutes is a LONG time for ticket sales

I got row 12, right behind the Cincinnati Kid right when they went on sale.  I think part of why I may have been behind him is that I was buying for 5.
Swamp Pirate
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »

Row J- Orchestra 3 section in Cincinnati.  Very pleased with the seats.  Can't wait to see Brian and Al in November.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2015, 07:56:40 PM »

If Brian's at the White Piano he's been using the past couple years, you can't see his face when you're front row anyway. Best to be five-ten-even fifteen rows back so you can see him sing.

When I saw the Jeff Beck tour, I was at the left to the stage but that was great because I got a perfect view of Brian at his fake grand piano.

LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »

New show: November 12th in Appleton, Wisconsin at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.

Whoo Whoo!  I just got home from a little two day vacation, and saw this news.  I was going to buy tickets to the Waukegan, Il show, which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive.  Now I can save myself lots of time and gasoline by driving 20 minutes to the beautiful Fox Cities PAC.  If anyone is coming to Appletown, let's meet up for a pre-show drinky.  One happy cheesehead here!
Beer w00t!
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »

The Robert Parilla theater where Brian and Al are playing on Nov 20 - sixteen days after he does another DC area show, the hotel ballroom gig in Tysons Corner - is a comfy venue, about 500 seats. I saw the Left Banke play there a few years ago, their first show outside NYC since the '60s. The Zombies and Chad & Jeremy have played that venue several times too. Ticket info below - still a lot of seats left in the back and a few on either the extreme left or right sides of the front.

http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »

Also FYI Blondie's Facebook page just announced he's gonna be on all the Brian and Al dates this upcoming fall/winter.

From Facebook:

Blondie just checked in this morning & would like his fans to know he'll be on tour with Brian Wilson again through early December. Since family & friends have been asking when Blondie might return to South Africa to play he says "I'd like to see my family, cousins, I was thinking maybe January. No plans to play, but who knows? I really miss playing where I was born & I'd like to have a Durban curry with my friend, Steve Fataar."
To the people of Durban Blondie says "I'm eating matungulu's right now & miss the lychees".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:39:56 PM by baseball95 » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2015, 11:33:46 AM »

Woohoo noise here! Now would be an excellent time to announce maybe another west coast show? Please? Por favor?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:34:45 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

Woohoo noise here! Now would be an excellent time to announce maybe another west coast show? Please? Por favor?

now would be a good time to announce some shows other than Chicago/East/West coasts.
Don't care about hearing anymore of those locales

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »

Also FYI Blondie's Facebook page just announced he's gonna be on all the Brian and Al dates this upcoming fall/winter.

Wow! That's gonna be something!  Cool Guy
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Beer Beer Beer w00t! w00t! w00t!

This deserves an OSD inspired post Grin

Can't wait to see these guys this October!!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
David1964
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »

I will definitely be at the show in Appleton. I'm especially stoked to hear that Blondie will be there too! I don't have the presale code but that's ok, I'll be online as soon as the general public tickets go on sale.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »

now would be a good time to announce some shows other than Chicago/East/West coasts.

He's playing the Imperial Palace in Biloxi MS Dec 4 - my birthday (and Dennis's)!  Hopefully he'll do Forever.  Not sure if Al and Blondie will be there though.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »

Wow! That's gonna be something!  Cool Guy
Great news!   Smiley

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »

He's playing the Imperial Palace in Biloxi MS Dec 4 - my birthday (and Dennis's)!  Hopefully he'll do Forever.  Not sure if Al and Blondie will be there though.

It's sounding like Al and Blondie are on board through early December (e.g. all the scheduled dates).

This might now allow more time for at least the possibility of additional setlist stuff like "Funky Pretty."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:23:13 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2015, 07:11:15 AM »

40 minutes was the earliest I could get them.  Seeing how Matt H could only get the row behind me right when they went on sale, I don't think I could have done much better.  As I said, the first 10 rows or so must have been largely pre-sale. 
KDS
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »

I'm excited about it, too. I think it will be the smallest venue I've seen him in with the exception of having the good fortune of being at the Sirius show around the release of BWPS.  I live about ten minutes away, too, so couldn't pass up the opportunity.  I've never been to the theater at MC before.  How is it?   
Also, probably different thread topic, but it appears Brian is doing a soundtrack signing tomorrow night at the Barnes and Noble at Tyson's Corner at 5:30.

I decided to leave work early, and go to the Barnes and Noble signing.  I never in a million years thought I'd get a chance to meet Brian Wilson, but it happened. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »

40 minutes was the earliest I could get them.  Seeing how Matt H could only get the row behind me right when they went on sale, I don't think I could have done much better.  As I said, the first 10 rows or so must have been largely pre-sale. 

Probably so. Or held for later sale; so hard to tell how they do things these days

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2015, 08:01:33 AM »

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Drinking Buddies Beer Beer Beer w00t! w00t! w00t!

This deserves an OSD inspired post Grin

Can't wait to see these guys this October!!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up High Five High Five

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
sjeffery
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »

I'm excited about it, too. I think it will be the smallest venue I've seen him in with the exception of having the good fortune of being at the Sirius show around the release of BWPS.  I live about ten minutes away, too, so couldn't pass up the opportunity.  I've never been to the theater at MC before.  How is it?   
Also, probably different thread topic, but it appears Brian is doing a soundtrack signing tomorrow night at the Barnes and Noble at Tyson's Corner at 5:30.

I decided to leave work early, and go to the Barnes and Noble signing.  I never in a million years thought I'd get a chance to meet Brian Wilson, but it happened. 
sjeffery
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »

Hi KDS - I think we've posted to each other a few times on Brian's Board. I was at the Barnes & Noble signing as well. Magical!
KDS
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2015, 10:31:27 AM »

Hi KDS - I think we've posted to each other a few times on Brian's Board. I was at the Barnes & Noble signing as well. Magical!

I was surprised at the somewhat low turnout to meet a legend like Brian.  But, the event wasn't very well promoted. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2015, 10:38:04 AM »

I was surprised at the somewhat low turnout to meet a legend like Brian.  But, the event wasn't very well promoted. 

Did everyone get to meet Jim Murphy( also there, I hear) and buy his " Becoming the Beach Boys" ?

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx