-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:57:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  So it's come to this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So it's come to this?  (Read 26429 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 08:53:06 AM »

Government issues marriage licenses.  The Supreme Court ruling simply says that marriage licenses can be issued to same sex couples.

Churches still have the right to not marry same sex couples if they so chose. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 08:48:36 PM »

Interesting that Bean Bag seems to disappear whenever his bullshit gets torn to shreds.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »

Interesting that Bean Bag seems to disappear whenever his bullshit gets torn to shreds.

Yeah, he is over on the PP thread talking his version of freedom and liberty. In other words, women have no say over their bodies and LGB&T are not free to choose who they marry.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »

You'll get it when you get it.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 08:48:50 PM »

Mr. Bag,

I have a quick simple question for you.

How exactly does a man marrying a man, or a woman marrying a woman, affect you? 

That seems to be a question that nobody who is against same sex marriage can answer. 

It doesn't.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 08:55:56 PM »

Marriage is an institution that has existed for centuries, outside of govt as TRBB points out, and 5 powdered wigs say, no. Then the haters go and seek out people who they know don't want to play their games and have the govt FORCE them to bake them a same sex wedding cake. That's hate.  That's intolerance. Wake the fck up.

Is it tolerant and loving to not allow people to marry?

No, it's not... you're right.  But no one was being denied marriage.  Only when the Supreme Court decided it had the phantom ability to redefine marriage does this now occur.  The states, legislature, and citizens that make up a society and it's laws didn't decide this.  Very similar to abortion.  The society did not decide this... there was no meeting.  No vote.

You're being ruled by judicial fiat. This should concern a free society.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »

Centuries of marriage, my ass. It has evolved constantly over its history, whether allowing for polygamy, various rules about divorce, ....

Hey, hey, let's leave your ass out of it.  Cheesy Yes, marriage has evolved throughout history.  So why was that evolution stunted, aborted and not allowed to continue its natural course.

What for?

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »

Actually, there are quite a few states, including my own, that legalized same-sex marriage through the legislative process or a popular vote.

So marriage was already redefined to include same-sex couples by the general public. The Supreme Court's job, as it usually is, was to reconcile the fact that there were two rules of law in the country -- one that excluded, and one that included. It went with the more inclusive option.

The fact that a majority of Americans support the decision -- and, indeed, disagreed with Kim Davis's actions -- strongly suggests that the court's decision was indeed the will of the people.
KDS
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2015, 05:09:03 AM »

Mr. Bag,

That seems to be a question that nobody who is against same sex marriage can answer. 

It doesn't.

Exactly. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »

You're being ruled by judicial fiat. This should concern a free society.

Anybody else get the feeling that the ol' Bagger here was just fine when the "five lawyers in robes" ruled by "judicial fiat" to make George W. Bush President in 2000? Juuuuuust a feeling. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Bagger was "concerned" by that as well.

Also interesting that little ol' Bags also woulda been just fine if the Supreme Court "ruled by fiat" that the President's health care law was unconstitutional? Seems like he gets all concerned about his "freedom" when things don't go his way. Otherwise, meh, who cares!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

Actually, there are quite a few states, including my own, that legalized same-sex marriage through the legislative process or a popular vote.

The legislative process was allowed to operate in those states.  Kentucky was a "no."

So marriage was already redefined to include same-sex couples by the general public. The Supreme Court's job, as it usually is, was to reconcile the fact that there were two rules of law in the country

Wrong.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 03:10:18 PM »

Mr. Bag,

It doesn't.

Exactly. 
No, not exactly. It's not about me. What if i said it does affect me?

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »

Mr. Bag,

It doesn't.

Exactly. 

Hey Bags, why don't ya have the guts to reply to my statements about how you're just fine with judicial tyranny as long as they rule your way?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »

Mr. Bag,

It doesn't.

Exactly. 

It shouldn't and it doesn't.  So why are we talking about this?

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »

Mr. Bag,

It doesn't.

Exactly. 

It shouldn't and it doesn't.  So why are we talking about this?

We're talking about it because someone was put in jail.  Exactly as predicted.  http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,22227.msg526609.html#msg526609

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »

Wherever you stand on same sex marriage issues, sticking this women in jail was not necessary.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-kim-davis/index.html?sr=fb090315kentuckyclerkcourt700aVodTopLink

RRAAAAWWWWRRRHHHGGHHH!!! GIVE HER THE CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL LOL LOL LOL

But seriously, I think she should have just resigned and moved on with her life.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2015, 10:52:29 AM »

She was in jail because *she broke the law*. Period. End of story.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »

She was in jail because *she broke the law*. Period. End of story.

That easy for you?  That's fine... it's your opinion -- but it's likely not how you or anyone truly feels -- for better or worse.  But what do I know.

If I may... Abortion is "legal."  But killing someone isn't.  Slavery was "legal."  But wrong.  If illegal immigrants aren't "legal" then why is the Powerful pretending it's ok?  Should we throw Obama in jail for not enforcing the border?  Supposed to.  Period, end of story, right?

Sanctuary cities legal?  I don't know.  But are they right?  Is it legal to overturn the state legislature?  Is it right to?  Depends.  Is it legal for the Supreme Court to write law from the bench?

Life is often bigger than procedure -- it's about what's right, 37!ws.  It's easier, and a lot less fuzzy if one does what they feel is right and fight for that.  I don't know the other way too well.  It sounds a lot like "do what others tell me to do."

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2015, 06:23:21 AM »

Is it legal for the Supreme Court to write law from the bench?

It's okay for the Supreme Court to decide elections from the bench though right? As long as they give it to the Republican candidate, right?

Oh wait, Beanie Baby won't answer that cuz it doesn't fit his preconceived agenda.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2015, 09:08:35 AM »

Is it legal for the Supreme Court to write law from the bench?

It's okay for the Supreme Court to decide elections from the bench though right? As long as they give it to the Republican candidate, right?

Oh wait, Beanie Baby won't answer that cuz it doesn't fit his preconceived agenda.
Don't forget the Electoral college.

And, I like the idea of a completely voter based election.  Too much chicanery can happen otherwise.   Wink

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:34 PM »

Sweetdude -- how much do you really need me to delve into the 2000 election?  I'm being serious, now.  Remember energy is an expensive commodity... a commodity liberals cannot be trusted with  Wink  Har, har... But seriously... before you answer...

I'm sensing a typhoon is upon us.  You feel it?  All of us.  The entire political paradigm is shifting in ways that will require a lot of, I don't know "meditation?"  What do you think?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

We feel it, Bean Bag... we feel it

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2015, 12:21:28 PM »

Sweetdude -- how much do you really need me to delve into the 2000 election?  I'm being serious, now.  Remember energy is an expensive commodity... a commodity liberals cannot be trusted with  Wink  Har, har... But seriously... before you answer...

I'm sensing a typhoon is upon us.  You feel it?  All of us.  The entire political paradigm is shifting in ways that will require a lot of, I don't know "meditation?"  What do you think?

Wow. A non-answer answer. What a surprise.

I guess that tells me what I needed to know. That being...

JUDICIAL ACTIVISM IS JUUUUUST FINE FOR BEANIE BABY AS LONG AS IT FAVORS HIS "TEAM"!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »

So, are we to believe you need it bad?  Cheesy

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »

We feel it, Bean Bag... we feel it

Smiley   Trump's not the storm. He's certainly tapping into it.  No doubt.  Nobody's come along and really picked up the momentum and energy that's been boiling over in the Country, ever since radical-Obama and the radical-Left began their slash n' burn, pillaging of the land.  The Republicans won TWO historical landslides to shut the Turd down -- and did nothing.  And then Romney folded and many stayed home -- giving us four more glorious years of a HORRENDOUS President.

Found an Obama-cane pic!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:23:02 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: