gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:09:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harrisburg PA 7/4/06 - I posted on Smileshop board as a reply.  (Read 5171 times)
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:30:22 AM »

Yes, I attended the concert and had a great time. We got there around 4pm and set up chairs with decent seats. The weather was great, albeit a little warm in the 90's. They came on and played from 6-8:30 with several 10 straight sets. They had plenty of talk and banter between tracks, the crowd was pretty into it, esp when Bruce did his solo, "I Write the Songs" bit which went over VERY well and sounded very sweet. Also, from previous times, I thought Bruce's vocal on GOK was improved. Also, Mike's vocals were normal which is to say generally pretty good, but the leads his band members took were better yet. It made me really miss Carl and Al's leads. Because of the extra long set we heard songs that atleast I hadn't heard them play in the past including Cool Head, Warm Heart, Good to My Baby, You're So Good To Me, Good Timin', Still Cruisin', Summer In Paradise, a great version of Its OK, and so on. They played all of the songs they started doing recently too like When I Grow Up. Really, I should have kept a setlist because it was extensive. The crowd was estimated at 15,000 and twenty minutes after the concert were the main events fireworks overlooking the river on Harrisburg's City Island parallel to the stage. Mike again spoke favorably to Brian's talent and reminded the audience of Carl/Dennis' input. (Bruce remembered Carl during GOK, and Mike sang Do You Wanna Dance in memory of Dennis.) They also talked about their new release from Hallmark and SOS and mentioned their recent reunion at the Crapitol Tower. Overall, a great night in the city and thank god the weather held out the entire night. They seemed to have a great time.
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:39:35 AM »

I saw them at the Forum in Harrisburg last year (what my avatar is from) during Christmas time and it was a great performance as well. Man, I wish I knew they performed in Harrisburg yesterday, I would have loved to see them again, especially hearing some of those songs you mentioned. Some songs I wish they would have done when I saw them was "Sail On Sailor" & "Marcella" (guess I'd have to see a Brian show to get those songs haha). They didn't play certain songs such as those, due to it being a Christmas set. But hearing "Little Saint Nick" live was great.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

@Nathan: Do you remember what they said about the rooftop-reunion? I am such a freak for hearing that stuff.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Nathan Snyder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »

@Nathan: Do you remember what they said about the rooftop-reunion? I am such a freak for hearing that stuff.

Mike just rehashed that SOS had recently topped the 2 million mark in sales and that they were presented an award at which all surviving BB's attended.  No, there wasn't any new info or anything leaked from Mike.  Sorry to dissappoint, but I'm with you...I wish we'd know something!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:42:47 AM »

Anyway, thank you !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx