gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:13:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is my topic????  (Read 3836 times)
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:37:10 AM »

My topic has been deleted!!!! Why?Huh
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:04 AM »

The board isn't a place to sell or trade CD's. There are other sites to list items for sale.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »

The board isn't a place to sell or trade CD's. There are other sites to list items for sale.

Could you please recall the exact reference of the corresponding rule?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 07:46:52 AM »

Could you please recall the exact reference of the corresponding rule?

Sure thing. The board isn't a place to sell or trade CD's.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:47:28 AM »

I'm guessing it was a lame list that didn't really spell out exactly which CDs were actually for sale/trade. More of a fishing trip

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »

I carefully read the "Rules and guidelines for this message board" and found no forbidding but I may have missed something...
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »

Did you read rule 3? 

>>3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings. <<

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 07:57:23 AM »

Did you read rule 3? 

>>3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings. <<

That's the one. It applied yesterday as well when the first messages were posted. It's a done deal.

beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 08:02:41 AM »

It's a lie. I never mentionned bootlegs in my post. I just said that I have rare CDs for sale. All the people who have actually read the post can confirm that.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »

I saw bootlegs for sale  in the post! Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 08:08:48 AM »

Did you seriously just call one of the other mods a liar?!

And you also PM'd me saying you had bootlegs for sale, basically admitting to it. So, who is the liar?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »

It's a lie. I never mentionned bootlegs in my post. I just said that I have rare CDs for sale. All the people who have actually read the post can confirm that.

Whether you mentioned boots (or not)  did you actually read the rule?  I'm thinking that Bootlegs and official recordings pretty much covers every possible sort of CD, unless your CDs are made of air? 

Did you read rule 3? 

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »

Posted yesterday:

I wish to sell Beach Boys bootlegs. Is it possible to post an ad on the message board? Thank you.

Posted today:

I'm selling about 200 rare Beach Boys CDs from my collection. If you are interested, please ask for the list by sending a private message. Thank you!

And I'm the liar?

The OP will be banned until further notice.

beachboys_fr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »

I talked about "bootlegs" in private messages and, according to the rule mentioned above, I am allowed to do that. The problem is that I created a topic saying that I have rare Beach Boys CDs for sale. I NEVER mentioned "bootlegs" and everyone who tells the reverse is a lyar. The topic should not have been deleted because it did not break the rules (in my view).
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »

I talked about "bootlegs" in private messages and, according to the rule mentioned above, I am allowed to do that. The problem is that I created a topic saying that I have rare Beach Boys CDs for sale. I NEVER mentioned "bootlegs" and everyone who tells the reverse is a lyar. The topic should not have been deleted because it did not break the rules (in my view).

So your posts quoted above are not accurate? You ask about selling bootlegs on the board, then post offering "rare" CDs for sale after being told the rules? Who is lying exactly?

Take some time off to figure it out.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 08:27:41 AM »

Doesn't matter much, seeing as how you're now banned; just guessing, but , probably forever.  I think you can still read the board?
Perhaps the problem falls into your not understanding English as a language, as well as you might.  

>> Official recordings<< corresponds to any releases legally offered by the entity that records them.
>> Bootleg recordings<<  we all know what those are.  

As both are covered in the same rule ( #3) HOW can your view be that you didn't break the rule?

HEY!  Ive got an idea how you can , maybe,  get back in good with the powers that be: 

Send a PM to everyone on this board that includes a link to the entire 7( +/-)minute version of your mono mix of WIBNTLA, which you previously offered as snippets
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:37:40 AM by bgas » Logged

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 08:40:21 AM »

HEY!  Ive got an idea how you can , maybe,  get back in good with the powers that be: 

Send a PM to everyone on this board that includes a link to the entire 7( +/-)minute version of your mono mix of WIBNTLA, which you previously offered as snippets

Yes then all shall be forgiven.  Evil

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:36 AM »

That was a silly scheme in hindsight. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:13:14 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »

Not so quick. Maybe he's got other 'rare' stuff too!  Grin
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 12:43:58 PM »

Not so quick. Maybe he's got other 'rare' stuff too!  Grin

don't be greedy. ONE pm at a time

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »

Doi-oip-dee-doip!!! Roll Eyes

I have legs...I sometimes wear boots...THEY'RE not for sale.  But my rare shoes are...including the feet.  I mail you the list. LOL  Just don't send your address. Shocked

That good? LOL

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 07:06:30 PM »

"Yeah. You got a pair of Larry Mahans, Shoulder size 11?"

rogerlancelot
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »

Désolé, je viens pété et ça sent très mauvais.

EDIT: I almost forgot. For every "rare" cd you send me, I'll send you a 30-second snippet of a Yoko Ono outtake. Deal?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:54:12 PM by Roger The Shrubber » Logged
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »

this thread turned into an EPIC FAIL

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx