gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:09:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pitchfork's 200 Best Songs of the '80s  (Read 4117 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:46 AM »

What about Peter Buck, Bob Stinson, Ricky Wilson, Johnny Marr, the Reid Brothers, Kevin Shields, the Edge, Johnny Ramone, Paul Reynolds, Andy Taylor, Mick Jones, etc., etc., etc.?

They don't really fit the category we're talking about. Apples and oranges.

Unless you're possibly talking about Mick Jones from Foreigner.  But I suspect Alex is talking about Mick Jones from The Clash. 

I do like The Edge as a guitar player.  It's just too bad that the quality of U2 releases has been so uneven for the past 25 years. 
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 06:09:27 AM »

I like several of those guys. One's from my hometown, as is another yet-unmentioned guitar god of the 80s, Prince. I just meant we had been focusing on the metal side, so that whole group wasn't relevant.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
KDS
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 06:15:36 AM »

I like several of those guys. One's from my hometown, as is another yet-unmentioned guitar god of the 80s, Prince. I just meant we had been focusing on the metal side, so that whole group wasn't relevant.

I agree. 

While we're at it, I'll throw in the holy trinity of Iron Maiden guitarists - Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gers.  Although, Janick didn't join until 1990. 

Then, there's the great Chris DeGarmo from Queensryche.  The band never really recovered from his departure. 

And, while Blue Oyster Cult had their hey day in the 1970s, they had some good Martin Birch produced albums in the early 80s.  Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser is one of the most underrated, and the most underrated, guitar player of all time.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx