gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:32:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iain Lee  (Read 6718 times)
king of anglia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »

The actual Iain lee??
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:58 PM »

Yes I believe it's the actual Iain Lee himself - British Comedian/Radio Presenter etc......
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »

I don't know who he is either way but clearly it's the same guy who runs this Twitter. https://twitter.com/iainlee

He has 42,000 followers and it's a verified account so he must be famous (not trying to be mean, he's just not well-known in the US at all).

king of anglia
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »

Iain Lee invented Ricky Gervais and Ali G.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »

Famous people don't get special treatment on this forum  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »

He was also one of about 20 people at the first London screening of L&M.

By the way, I wouldn't say he invented Ricky Gervais or Ali G but I loved The 11 O'clock Show and it definitely launched them
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »

It's a personal thing of course, but I find both Gervais and Cohen to be about as funny as a dose of dysentery.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »

It's a personal thing of course, but I find both Gervais and Cohen to be about as funny as a dose of dysentery.

I don't really like Gervais as a standup but The Office was a fantastic show (both in its UK and US incarnations though the latter ran a few years too long).

This should really be in the sandbox.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »

I don't really like Gervais as a standup but The Office was a fantastic show (both in its UK and US incarnations though the latter ran a few years too long).

This should really be in the sandbox.

it seems as tho it already is

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
IainLee
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »

Not a comedian, I'd say broadcaster and certainly not famous. Way way down, barely touching the Z list. and I don't expect special treatment.

I was reluctant to use my real name but I did it for 2 reasons.

1 - I initially joined (after watching from a distance) to ask a specific question for an article I'm writing
2 - this kinda ties in with 1, I am slightly unsure of this culture of posting stuff and hiding behind a fake name. As someone who has read offensive, angry, ill thought out stuff about me on forums from people with fake names, I find it a little...lets be polite and say unfair.

Anyway, it's odd seeing a forum about me on here and it is making me think that maybe I should reconsider my login name and use something different. I don't want to be the story here.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 01:55:11 AM »

Not a comedian, I'd say broadcaster and certainly not famous. Way way down, barely touching the Z list. and I don't expect special treatment.

1 - I initially joined (after watching from a distance) to ask a specific question for an article I'm writing
2 - this kinda ties in with 1, I am slightly unsure of this culture of posting stuff and hiding behind a fake name. As someone who has read offensive, angry, ill thought out stuff about me on forums from people with fake names, I find it a little...lets be polite and say unfair.

Anyway, it's odd seeing a forum about me on here and it is making me think that maybe I should reconsider my login name and use something different. I don't want to be the story here.

Welcome aboard Iain, and hey no need to have a fake name (even though I do, thanks to my parents)  LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 04:09:03 AM »

Iain, using your own name wins you far more respect in my book. Stick with it! Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:20 AM »

Welcome aboard Iain! It's definitely best to use your own name on here.  Cool Guy
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »

My birth name is "shady"

Welcome, Iain

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 10:58:40 AM »

I'm all for folks using real names ... My name is Donny Lang ... I think at least having a real first name shows that we're real people, and hopefully encourages us to treat one another respectfully.

Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »

I'm very much with you on the real-name thing -- particularly after my wife and I got a fair chunk of anonymous net-abuse years ago.  There's a few of us about, you won't stand out all that much.  :-)

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »

I agree that people should post under their own name, which is why I had my name legally changed to Mike's Beard when I joined this msg board.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »

I think Iain is the anti-Gervais because he's never used his media presence to push his ego.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:35:15 PM by harrisonjon » Logged
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

my fake name is Josh Ferrell (that DOES seem fake doesn't it?)....my real name is Zrkyletzablie, from the planet gerzehsyble...(now THAT seems more realistic)..
AdultContemporaryChild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »

A great username for IanLee would be either 'alan strang' or 'Emergancy Lalla Ward Ten'
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 05:29:04 PM »

Iain, when I first got on this message board using my complete real name (not being a veteran of MB's) I was immediately accused of "proudly posting" under my real name in a less than pleasant way.  The person later calmed down and I'm quite impressed with his posts that show vast knowledge, history and insights (under his own name, oddly).  I'm afraid it's a culture I haven't mastered and don't understand, in that I didn't realize one is expected to have some sort of ulterior motive if one uses his/her own name.  So now I just use my first name and last initials.  I'm still think using my own name makes me less inclined to be reckless in posts.  I guess other people have their own reasons for posting.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 06:23:23 PM »

I've always used ny real name 'til here.  My wife googled me and there were all these posts from all over the place.  Whoops!!!  So I adopted a 'name' here with my real name down in the bottom thingy/signature...as I quoted me.  It happens SO infrequently.  So Rock on Iain.  Thank gawd!!!  Another 'Lee' Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

ya'll use your real names when you want. I know mine, as I'm sure lots of others do also.
I'm going to stay Bgas, here.
 I'm certain many others will be keeping their nom de plumes,also, no matter how much goading some people  think is warranted
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:58:50 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 11:06:01 PM »

I use my first name and my initial. When I was out of work, though, I used screen names as employers these days check online history during a background check.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
IainLee
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 12:22:43 AM »

Ha, some interesting and some very funny posts. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Now...Love You...come on guys...that sucks.....
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx