gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:50:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Bootlegs  (Read 2687 times)
IainLee
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »

Where's the best place to either get the physical CD's or download them?

I love live concerts and unreleased tracks. Always been a fan of boots. There's something just so deliciously naughty about them...well...it reminds me of the excitement of buying cassettes at records fairs in the 80's!

Apologies if this question isn't allowed on here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:08:31 PM by IainLee » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »

You know you're taking Satan into your soul when you ask this question, right? Smiley

Check the record fairs.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

I don't think you'll get a straight answer here, but I do feel you. I remember working at a used record store in LA years ago and someone came in and sold the Heroes and Villains parts 1&2 sessions cd. I guess it was the Sea of Tunes one? I took it home that night and it was one of the most magical listening experiences I've ever had.
IainLee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

I don't think you'll get a straight answer here, but I do feel you. I remember working at a used record store in LA years ago and someone came in and sold the Heroes and Villains parts 1&2 sessions cd. I guess it was the Sea of Tunes one? I took it home that night and it was one of the most magical listening experiences I've ever had.

Sorry if this question isn't allowed on here...

But yeah, that's exactly the experience I used to get...even the low fi recordings felt so magical..like you were hearing a secret.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 11:53:49 AM »

Where's the best place to either get the physical CD's or download them?

I love live concerts and unreleased tracks. Always been a fan of boots. There's something just so deliciously naughty about them...well...it reminds me of the excitement of buying cassettes at records fairs in the 80's!

I'm not sure if we''re even allowed to answer this. I'd love the boot of Brian, Stamos and company sitting around a piano playing Shortenin Bread myself tho. And I've been meaning to listen to Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes, which are debatably the most famous bootlegs ever.

My favorite boot that I own is probably Killer Festival. That's the Stones concert at Altamont. The day Meredith Hunter, and in a symbolic sense Free Love, died. The Gimme Shelter video is great but the boot gives a more complete picture. Perhaps most shocking--at one point Mick announces there's a lost little girl in front of the stage. That poor child had to be scarred for life witnessing all that alone!

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

I would like to see the band do an "official bootleg" series and maybe take some of the better live bootlegs and have them cleaned up as best as possible and released properly. Some of them could make great releases.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »

Also MAN WE ARE LIVING IN THE FUTURE as tons of unreleased stuff/bootlegs are on youtube!

Like if you told me 10 years ago "man there's a website where you can just listen to the Cocaine Sessions!" I would have punched you in the balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7CZWdlyMhU
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »

So, Iain, were you happy with the response to your "Why Do You Hate Mike Love ?" thread ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
IainLee
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 12:46:42 PM »

I wouldn't say happy, but I found the responses very interesting. Finishing off the piece this weekend.

I tried to email you Andrew but it bounced back. Just wanted to say I managed to get a load of old Stomps from eBay and was really enjoying the stuff you'd written in there. I'm up to 1980 so far. Taking my time reading them...savouring them! So, thanks for that.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »

Email is on my profile, or you can PM me here.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 12:52:32 PM »

Rule 3.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html

Thread locked.

Please refrain from posting a message like this in the future.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:41:44 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 10:42:39 PM »

Yeah, I'm bumping a locked thread...I put 'rule 2' instead of 'rule 3'. Obviously, I meant posting bootleg requests was against the rules. My apologies for any confusion.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx