gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:00:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer in Paradise Recalled  (Read 48883 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »

SIP was a sh*t album then(1992) and it's a sh*t album now (2015). Nothing is redeeming about Mike Love rapping about banging women by the pool (summer of love)....

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  Precisely, it's still a good target for a quick outdoors whiz. And while good music ages well, SIP just gets more embarrassing, sleazy, and tacky.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »

I guess my thoughts are that it's cool to introduce this great Dennis Wilson song to a new Gen (even though on the full House episode it was Stamos who wrote the song) but would Dennis WANT it to be sung by Stamos or appear on a TV show? of course we can't know that but it makes me wishy washy on the inclusion of the song..

How do you feel about the Taylor Hawkins version of Holy Man?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »

I guess my thoughts are that it's cool to introduce this great Dennis Wilson song to a new Gen (even though on the full House episode it was Stamos who wrote the song) but would Dennis WANT it to be sung by Stamos or appear on a TV show? of course we can't know that but it makes me wishy washy on the inclusion of the song..

that's in interesting thought....since it was left unfinished maybe it is okay,,,but again I'm not sure what Dennis would have thought about it. Since he's more "Rock N Roll" then Stamos maybe he would like it, but we can't be sure.. personally I like it better than Stamos singing Forever though...
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »

that's in interesting thought....since it was left unfinished maybe it is okay,,,but again I'm not sure what Dennis would have thought about it. Since he's more "Rock N Roll" then Stamos maybe he would like it, but we can't be sure.. personally I like it better than Stamos singing Forever though...

I love how on the Denny BBC documentary, Taylor denies that he was trying to emulate Denny's voice on Holy Man, when it's obvious he did just that (even if subliminally). I think he did a solid job though. Stamos did ok, but I have to erase the Forever 1992 music video from my head to even get into the song slightly.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2015, 10:06:28 PM »

I started this thread while listening to Summer in Paradise for the first time in years and musing over the memories it conjured of a time when my kids were young and we were poor and a vacation to Cocoa Beach was a treasure and the Beach Boys were our happy sound track.

And now you creeps have crawled out of the woodwork and sh*t all over that.

Well, f*** you all. It's pointless to continue coming here.

I'll be content with my happy memories and thank the Beach Boys for being a part of that.

Cheesy This board's sarcasm knobby is likely on 11.  But it's a board largely founded on the genius of Brian Wilson -- not something associated with begin overly pruned.  This overgrowth is like a big comforting belch of creativity to many.  And creativity is now being linked to neuroticism, by the way. 

SmileySmile.net A happy place

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2015, 01:08:44 AM »

I used to watch Baywatch every week for a few years here in the UK.  It had always been popular in Europe which was one of the reasons Hasselhoff took it on after the network cancelled it after the first season.  He saw the potential to sell across the world.

However, it's popularity was on the wane for some time.  Then one day I picked up the paper and saw the Beach Boys together again on the beach for the photoshoot and the talk about Baywatch Nights, which I don't remember airing over here.  I think it had had it's day by this point.  That's the way I remember it.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »

The most-watched TV show on the planet, 1 billion viewers in 140-plus countries, and these are stats that were current the exact month the Beach Boys filmed their guest appearances on the show.

Just getting the stats and facts out there for anyone interested.

[/quote]

These seem less like facts and more like Mr Hasselhoff telling the writer what he wants her to put in an article promoting his show.  A bit like Mike Love would do when discussing how many people had bough Kokomo. Wink
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2015, 01:32:22 AM »

I used to watch Baywatch every week for a few years here in the UK.  It had always been popular in Europe which was one of the reasons Hasselhoff took it on after the network cancelled it after the first season.  He saw the potential to sell across the world.

However, it's popularity was on the wane for some time.  Then one day I picked up the paper and saw the Beach Boys together again on the beach for the photoshoot and the talk about Baywatch Nights, which I don't remember airing over here.  I think it had had it's day by this point.  That's the way I remember it.

No one cared much about Baywatch in the UK by 1995. It was HUGE over here for a couple of years in the early 90s. Then Gladiators took over as prime Saturday teatime jerkoff fodder for dads and naughty schoolboys.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:08:43 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2015, 03:17:31 AM »

Please.... You used to jerk off with your dad? Eeew.... Too much information.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2015, 04:03:40 AM »

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:04:36 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2015, 06:08:10 AM »

Well, I hear Let It Be as bringing the Beatles to a close, Yes, I know it was recorded before Abby Road, and yes I know the Beach Boys can't touch the Beatles as a class act, but the song does, in its way, pass the torch.

Cannot understand the bitter denunciations of this album.

Nice reply TMinthePM - we may not agreee, but I better understand where you are coming from - it's an admirable position to take. 

I have read on in this thread, and it's a shame you feel we creeps have driven you off - come on back: if you're going to go out with a bang; let's not burn our bridges over SIP, FFS  Grin

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2015, 07:06:05 AM »

I started this thread while listening to Summer in Paradise for the first time in years and musing over the memories it conjured of a time when my kids were young and we were poor and a vacation to Cocoa Beach was a treasure and the Beach Boys were our happy sound track.

I'll be content with my happy memories and thank the Beach Boys for being a part of that.

If SIP gave you joy once upon a time, great. I don't think anyone is crapping on your happy memories, instead, the simple consensus is SIP is a crap album. There may be an album that conjures happy memories for me; if you happen to dislike said album, it's not a personal insult.

I am not any sort of dyed in the wool Mike Love basher. My contempt for SIP is fairly objective: Mike was the "recording captain" and SIP does reflect his vision. But every other member of the band shares some level of blame, with the exception of Brian, who for all intents and purposes wasn't in the group at the time.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »

I am not any sort of dyed in the wool Mike Love basher. My contempt for SIP is fairly objective: Mike was the "recording captain" and SIP does reflect his vision. But every other member of the band shares some level of blame, with the exception of Brian, who for all intents and purposes wasn't in the group at the time.
And share in the credit for songs that do work on SIP.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »

And to correct some of the information online and on various "official" and semi-official discographies for the band, this is the cover for a single that was released in 1995 on the Scotti Brothers label to tie in with the Beach Boys appearing on Baywatch. It seems to have disappeared without a trace from some sources, and again some official listings for the band don't even list this one or get the release date wrong. Here it is in living color, it did exist in 1995:

Thanks, GF for that great photo. I guess one dynamic of Bay Watch series, that I found important, was the inclusion of lifeguards who were women.  It was a relatively short amount of time that women could be qualified to work the pools and beaches. A good role model for women.  There were women who worked the Jersey Shore during WWII. It was the early 70's before it became more mainstream. 

So, even thought it was still sort of "babe watch" - the "babes" had a skill set on par with the men.  Wink

And, of course the music would be BB's!  Brian, Dennis, & Carl

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »

And share in the credit for songs that do work on SIP.

Which songs are those, Doc?

The one cut I do not abhor would be the title song.

I bought SIP when it was new in 1992. In those largely pre-internet days, I had no idea The Beach Boys had new product - just found it in the racks at the local record chain. When I saw the package, it looked like a pretty cool cover. Cautious optimism would be a good description for the mood of the moment.

Imagine my disgust when I got home and played it. Is this what Mike Love thinks The Beach Boys are about? Why did Carl, Al, and Bruce participate and allow Mike to release this under the group's name? These and other questions went through my head. On occasion they still do. It's a lousy album, crass and offensive on nearly every level.

SUMMER IN PARADISE joins the likes of VAN HALEN III, METAL MACHINE MUSIC, HAVING FUN WITH ELVIS ON STAGE, SOMETIME IN NEW YORK CITY in the ranks of truly damned, that is to say wretched product released by artists of great talent. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 08:48:16 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »

I feel your pain, man!  It's been getting pretty hostile around these parts.  I'm finding that some of the chatty-er folks  around here (higher post counts) seem to have their minds made up about certain things and that's that!

When I poked a little fun at your thread title earlier, it was because I did initially misinterpret it as a SIP-bashing affair.  It struck me as one of those April Fools joke-type thread titles.  Before I even clicked into the thread I was thinking "Oh, here we go!"  I learned a long time ago that you gotta be a little careful about how you word the titles.  Folks don't always read the first few threads.  That's one reason I rarely start new threads on these boards.

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:44 AM »

Yup. What started out as an interesting thread quickly devolved into crap. And all due to the usual suspects.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »

And, I like SIP as well. They are the "happy sound track" - like what you like (don't listen to naysayers) and please don't lose your optimism...  Wink
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2015, 09:30:37 AM »

I used to watch Baywatch every week for a few years here in the UK.  It had always been popular in Europe which was one of the reasons Hasselhoff took it on after the network cancelled it after the first season.  He saw the potential to sell across the world.

However, it's popularity was on the wane for some time.  Then one day I picked up the paper and saw the Beach Boys together again on the beach for the photoshoot and the talk about Baywatch Nights, which I don't remember airing over here.  I think it had had it's day by this point.  That's the way I remember it.

These seem less like facts and more like Mr Hasselhoff telling the writer what he wants her to put in an article promoting his show.  A bit like Mike Love would do when discussing how many people had bough Kokomo. Wink

No one cared much about Baywatch in the UK by 1995. It was HUGE over here for a couple of years in the early 90s. Then Gladiators took over as prime Saturday teatime jerkoff fodder for dads and naughty schoolboys.

We saw recently some confusion between the numbers and release dates in the UK versus the US regarding the film Cocktail, but that got straightened out. That might be at play here as well. I'm assuming that's the issue.

Because otherwise, I don't understand why this is being challenged, argued, debated, etc. What's the rub, where's the catch? I'm not seeing where it would be necessary to challenge or argue something which was widely reported in 1995, that Baywatch for better or worse was the most-watched TV program in the world at that time. I only posted one article referencing that, and it got challenged as David Hasselhoff PR shucking. Well, that was summer 1995 when the BB's were filming their appearance. Baywatch Nights had not even premiered yet, but was set to air that fall. Hasselhoff didn't need to sell that pilot, it was already booked into the syndication schedule. So to say he was shilling for the show, naturally he was, he's the exec producer.

But it doesn't discount the fact that Baywatch - again for better or for worse - was reported in 1995 as the most-watched TV show in the world. If it were worth more than a few seconds of time and effort, we could go back and dig up numerous articles to back this up from the summer of 1995. But it's silly - you either argue something for a reason or you argue for the sake of arguing. In this case, Baywatch was what it was, whether human culture suffered as a result is another debate for the sociologists to take up. But let me restate this:

In the summer of 1995, the exact time the Beach Boys filmed their appearances on the TV show Baywatch, it was reported as the most watched TV show in the world. Unless every major media outlet reporting this was wrong, unless they were all in the employ of doing publicity to boost David Hasselhoff's finances and career, those are the facts relevant to the time the BB's appeared on the show.

To back it up more, here is another article from the NY Times, July 1995, a month before the Beach Boys' film shoots for the show. If anyone disputes the information given here, then both the LA Times and the NY Times along with dozens of others reporting the same thing in summer/fall 1995 must have gotten it wrong. Pick and choose whose word to believe. This is just the way it was reported at the time:

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/03/business/media-television-stand-aside-cnn-america-s-no-1-tv-export-no-scoffing-please.html

Quote:
Media: TELEVISION; Stand aside, CNN. America's No. 1 TV export is -- no scoffing, please -- 'Baywatch.'
By Bill Carter
Published: July 3, 1995

AMERICA'S most pervasive cultural export is a television show that was canceled after one season on NBC, has never earned an award or even any critical respect for dramatic excellence and is often derisively called "Babewatch."

But facts are facts. "Baywatch," which is about the adventures of lifeguards on a California beach but is really mostly about swimwear and suntan lotion, has a wider audience on the planet Earth than any other entertainment show in history.

Now if the issue being avoided here is how did this exposure on the world's most watched TV show at the time not translate into more sales and demand for the "new" Beach Boys music which was actually at that time 2-3 years old and a single and song from and album which had already tanked in 92-93...

...Perhaps, just perhaps (Cam)...it had more to do with the music not being what audiences wanted to hear from the Beach Boys. Maybe the decision to release a quasi-rap song wasn't in tune with what the market was looking for from the Beach Boys. Perhaps the music being promoted on the Baywatch show wasn't that appealing.

And I find it a bit odd to hear the phrase "late to the party" repeated again when the band was going on the most watched show in the world.

Anything to excuse the actual quality of the music as a factor? Excuse the poor decisions which led to Summer Of Love becoming the so-called "single" that no one wanted?

I guess a billion fans worldwide who watched Baywatch in 1995 yet didn't buy either the SIP album or demand a single can't be wrong.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »

Yup. What started out as an interesting thread quickly devolved into crap. And all due to the usual suspects.

Speak for yourself. Some of us discuss things. If you don't like the discussions, don't post in the thread. Simple as that.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »

...Perhaps, just perhaps (Cam)...it had more to do with the music not being what audiences wanted to hear from the Beach Boys. Maybe the decision to release a quasi-rap song wasn't in tune with what the market was looking for from the Beach Boys. Perhaps the music being promoted on the Baywatch show wasn't that appealing.

And I find it a bit odd to hear the phrase "late to the party" repeated again when the band was going on the most watched show in the world.

Anything to excuse the actual quality of the music as a factor? Excuse the poor decisions which led to Summer Of Love becoming the so-called "single" that no one wanted?

I guess a billion fans worldwide who watched Baywatch in 1995 yet didn't buy either the SIP album or demand a single can't be wrong.  Smiley

That is my point (Craig), a billion viewers worldwide didn't determine the popularity SOL, just like 78 million viewers didn't determine Kokomo's #1 popularity, both songs apparently rose and fell on their own merits.  Two way logic, I suppose.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

These seem less like facts and more like Mr Hasselhoff telling the writer what he wants her to put in an article promoting his show.  A bit like Mike Love would do when discussing how many people had bough Kokomo. Wink

We saw recently some confusion between the numbers and release dates in the UK versus the US regarding the film Cocktail, but that got straightened out. That might be at play here as well. I'm assuming that's the issue.

Because otherwise, I don't understand why this is being challenged, argued, debated, etc. What's the rub, where's the catch? I'm not seeing where it would be necessary to challenge or argue something which was widely reported in 1995, that Baywatch for better or worse was the most-watched TV program in the world at that time. I only posted one article referencing that, and it got challenged as David Hasselhoff PR shucking. Well, that was summer 1995 when the BB's were filming their appearance. Baywatch Nights had not even premiered yet, but was set to air that fall. Hasselhoff didn't need to sell that pilot, it was already booked into the syndication schedule. So to say he was shilling for the show, naturally he was, he's the exec producer.

But it doesn't discount the fact that Baywatch - again for better or for worse - was reported in 1995 as the most-watched TV show in the world. If it were worth more than a few seconds of time and effort, we could go back and dig up numerous articles to back this up from the summer of 1995. But it's silly - you either argue something for a reason or you argue for the sake of arguing. In this case, Baywatch was what it was, whether human culture suffered as a result is another debate for the sociologists to take up. But let me restate this:

In the summer of 1995, the exact time the Beach Boys filmed their appearances on the TV show Baywatch, it was reported as the most watched TV show in the world. Unless every major media outlet reporting this was wrong, unless they were all in the employ of doing publicity to boost David Hasselhoff's finances and career, those are the facts relevant to the time the BB's appeared on the show.

To back it up more, here is another article from the NY Times, July 1995, a month before the Beach Boys' film shoots for the show. If anyone disputes the information given here, then both the LA Times and the NY Times along with dozens of others reporting the same thing in summer/fall 1995 must have gotten it wrong. Pick and choose whose word to believe. This is just the way it was reported at the time:

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/03/business/media-television-stand-aside-cnn-america-s-no-1-tv-export-no-scoffing-please.html

Quote:
Media: TELEVISION; Stand aside, CNN. America's No. 1 TV export is -- no scoffing, please -- 'Baywatch.'
By Bill Carter
Published: July 3, 1995

AMERICA'S most pervasive cultural export is a television show that was canceled after one season on NBC, has never earned an award or even any critical respect for dramatic excellence and is often derisively called "Babewatch."

But facts are facts. "Baywatch," which is about the adventures of lifeguards on a California beach but is really mostly about swimwear and suntan lotion, has a wider audience on the planet Earth than any other entertainment show in history.

Now if the issue being avoided here is how did this exposure on the world's most watched TV show at the time not translate into more sales and demand for the "new" Beach Boys music which was actually at that time 2-3 years old and a single and song from and album which had already tanked in 92-93...

The "late to the party thing" I must be guilty of, but it was "an observation and not a criticism." But, besides, sun tan lotion sales for Panama Jack, (some of us used baby oil and iodine!) kids could have watched worse TV.

When the show " concept" arose, perhaps the BB's should have been brought on board to write the theme or other program scores.  It did get serious global attention.  Whether it was serious drama, or not, or got critical acclaim, it was a favorite, and found its way into the culture. And who knows how many kids learned lifeguard skills as a result of a TV show?

(I could not bear to watch Knight Rider.)  LOL
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:50:03 AM by filledeplage » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »

I guess a billion fans worldwide who watched Baywatch in 1995 yet didn't buy either the SIP album or demand a single can't be wrong.  Smiley

That is my point (Craig), a billion viewers worldwide didn't determine the popularity SOL, just like 78 million viewers didn't determine Kokomo's #1 popularity, both songs apparently rose and fell on their own merits.  Two way logic, I suppose.

Change it up any way possible, the fact is both Summer In Paradise and the Summer Of Love single failed miserably. Having a video appear on "the world's most watched TV program" couldn't revive music that had already flatlined and sank numerous times upon release in 1992, re-release in 1993, release on a Baywatch soundtrack in 1994, and the full-blown video treatment in 1995.

So logic, Cam...in your opinion, the forces and the people behind Kokomo whose hard work and skill drove that song to success, removing the Tom Cruise and Cocktail tie-in for discussion purposes...they're the same basic team that produced Summer In Paradise and Summer Of Love. Same creative forces behind those records. Getting exposure on a show watched by a billion people worldwide, it still failed and failed miserably. The same formula, the same production outlook was applied to SIP and Summer Of Love as was Kokomo, it was almost the same scenario where the band didn't have a label but was jumping on a soundtrack and going for TV exposure this time around (1995) versus film. Perhaps *more* viewers saw Baywatch in Fall 1995 than had seen Cocktail in summer/fall 1988. The film and Tom Cruise helped Kokomo, this time it was Baywatch and all the trappings of that show in '95.

So why did SIP and Summer Of Love fail so miserably? I ask, could it be because the music just wasn't that good and people did not want to buy those sounds from the Beach Boys?

Or another angle, what was it about the driving forces in and around the band as you see them that put Kokomo into the hit singles charts that failed with SIP and SOL despite having the same people doing the work?

Sometimes a fluke really is a fluke instead of a mandate or a template for success. Maybe having rap verses on a mediocre Beach Boys song just wasn't a wise choice for a single to offer to Baywatch's billion worldwide viewers in 1995. Just a thought.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »

Speak for yourself. Some of us discuss things. If you don't like the discussions, don't post in the thread. Simple as that.

Atta boy, GF. w00t!  SIP and interesting thread in the same sentence Huh Huh Oxymoron for sure.  Thud

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »

When the tread starter leaves here pissed, then yes, the thread devolved. Speaking for myself, this was a positive thread, so why didn't you say that to the negative posters that changed the original direction instead of Jason?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.