gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:55:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al and Surf City Allstars doing Caribbean cruise, Jan 31-Feb 7 2016  (Read 2428 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:19:24 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/383979205042810/posts/769824926458234

More info above and also at the tour dates page of the Surf City All Stars site. If you've ever wondered what it'd be like to spend a week on a boat with Al, now's your chance to find out.  Some other artists involved, like John Cafferty's Beaver Brown Band, but the only two besides Al (and I take it Dean, Dave and Matt) that really grabbed my eye were Ron Dante and Joey Molland. Stops include Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, but no Kokomo.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:23 AM »

Starting at $1100 a head. Ouch.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

Only 9 cabins left! Wondering how many there are total?
 Interesting that tickets have been available since March, yet evidently not needing much publicity to (almost) sell out!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »

I'd expect more than head for $1100
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »

Yeah, but doing your laundry with Al would be priceless. Heck, even harmonizing with Ron Dante on Leader Of The Laundromat (the song that put him on the musical map) while doing laundry with him would be priceless. (And indeed, the one time I went on a cruise, every other time I did the laundry it was alongside one or another of the musical entertainers on the ship.)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »

Yeah, but doing your laundry with Al would be priceless. Heck, even harmonizing with Ron Dante on Leader Of The Laundromat (the song that put him on the musical map) while doing laundry with him would be priceless. (And indeed, the one time I went on a cruise, every other time I did the laundry it was alongside one or another of the musical entertainers on the ship.)

LOL

That's like being at Dragon*Con and walking into the men's room only to have a Star Trek alum step up to the urinal next to you. Well, I guess at least you can talk while doing laundry. I don't think anyone wants to be THAT guy in the bathroom with Al Jardine saying "ummm...so you're, like, Al Jardine, right?"

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

A quick search on RC's own site shows prices (after currency conversion) at about $700 for the same trip. Presume the show(s) is included like most cruises.

edit: Cruise.com has it for $647.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:13:26 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »

A quick search on RC's own site shows prices (after currency conversion) at about $700 for the same trip. Presume the show(s) is included like most cruises.

edit: Cruise.com has it for $647.

$647? Cheaper than some of the meet and greet packages in the 2012 tour. And you get three meals a day and board. Not bad.
Bill30022
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »

John Cafferty is a huge Beach Boys fan. They use to do an interesting cover of FFF and other songs were full of Beach Boy references. He was also stated that he thought "Eddie and the Cruisers" was inspired by BW and SMiLE.

I would bet he will love it that Al will be there.

I saw them quite frequently from  78 to 81 and they were great.

New York's A Lonely Town - 1980
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ocDkkACOxM
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

This sounds vEry cool. Don't miss it who can afford it, you'll have swEll time!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx