gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680725 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:06:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Recording: The Red Piano Song  (Read 976 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

"The Red Piano Song" was written in honor of an unplayable piano--badly painted red--that sat in the dank basement of a house I rented with four friends when we were just out of college, circa 1999. The melody was actually already around by then, but that's when I first started recording digitally and did this basic arrangement. In my mind, it's a cross between a drunken children's song and an instrumental sea shanty. The original recording had various pots and pans for percussion, but this is just a handful of piano synth parts.

It's not much like what you're used to hearing me post: in and just after college I spent more time further out than the kind of pop I mostly stick with these days. I should warn you, while it's not atonal, it is certainly dissonant in (plenty of) parts. And while it's not unstructured by any means, it is unusually structured. But for what it's worth, the melody is straightforward enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, "The Red Piano Song."

https://soundcloud.com/the-beau-mondes/the-red-piano-song
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:57:31 PM by the captain » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx