gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:22:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M&B Tour DVD  (Read 10572 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »

Yet another setup to get us banned.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 11:35:03 AM »

Pretty tame words about Mike Love from OSD. I have said far worse..... Evil
And yet you're still here.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »

And damn glad he is. The mods don't need your help either as they know what they're doing.  Cool Guy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:16 AM »

Something like "tacky scumbag" sure seems like a bannable offense to me.

But, in your double standard mind, AGD calling posters shitweasels and fuckwits is perfectly acceptable?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes (edited so Ognir Rrats better understands)
When did I ever indicate anything remotely close to that line of thinking?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »

Considering that many of the backing band members over the years, both post-1998 and pre-1998, who have exited the band have done so under varying degrees and types of unceremonious circumstances, I don't think a "How the backing band members are selected" featurette would be particularly interesting, as it would have to be rather whitewashed and not explain why members needed to be brought in, and/or what happened to the members they replaced and why those members were replaced.

Functionally speaking, a DVD of Mike's show would be highly unlikely for two key reasons: He can't use the "Beach Boys" name on it anywhere, and any concert video gets hugely expensive as far as paying for the sync rights to songs. It's the same reason the BB50 Blu-ray/DVD only has 21 songs, etc. Plus, I'm guessing Mike wouldn't want to put out a live video or CD of his band where any mention of "The Beach Boys" is stripped away, because it would kind of undercut the perceived "legitimacy" of his show.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx