gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:48:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why You Hte AGD  (Read 2566 times)
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

How can I show you Zen if you do not first empty y

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

Am I the only one reading this board who grimaces every time this guy show up in a conversation with some holier-than-thou putdown? As the following -

"It's not so much the objecting, more the juvenile manner in which some posters here elect to convey their displeasure*. The likes of Hey Jude, Century Deprived & sweetdudejim (to name but three) can express the problems they have with Mike in measured terms and in a logical manner. Other are evidently unable to emulate them, hence the tediously one-note posts. I don't think anyone here actually hates Mike, but some want to believe they do. The larger problem is that they're allowed to, without censure, which may be why some folk are posting less. Some of the 'defences' of Mike are similarly... lamentable.

[* - I'm irresistibly reminded of a kid who used to come into a store I used to manage many years ago, age of maybe nine, ten. Every day - every single school day - he'd come in, and as he walked past the candy racks would go "don't like that, don't like that, that's horrible, HATE that" ad nauseum. I put up with it for maybe three weeks until one day when the store was empty, when, as he commenced his tedious litany, I grabbed the little sh*t by the collar and, as I ejected him from the premises, informed him in no uncertain manner that not only was he never to set foot in the place again, but the world didn't require a soundtrack from him. I feel there's much the same level of mental acuity being demonstrated here...]"

You're spending too much time here Mister. Maybe you ought to find yourself another job. Or maybe a girlfriend.

I'll probably be banned for posting this. 
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »

Am I the only one reading this board who grimaces every time this guy show up in a conversation with some holier-than-thou putdown? As the following -

"It's not so much the objecting, more the juvenile manner in which some posters here elect to convey their displeasure*. The likes of Hey Jude, Century Deprived & sweetdudejim (to name but three) can express the problems they have with Mike in measured terms and in a logical manner. Other are evidently unable to emulate them, hence the tediously one-note posts. I don't think anyone here actually hates Mike, but some want to believe they do. The larger problem is that they're allowed to, without censure, which may be why some folk are posting less. Some of the 'defences' of Mike are similarly... lamentable.

[* - I'm irresistibly reminded of a kid who used to come into a store I used to manage many years ago, age of maybe nine, ten. Every day - every single school day - he'd come in, and as he walked past the candy racks would go "don't like that, don't like that, that's horrible, HATE that" ad nauseum. I put up with it for maybe three weeks until one day when the store was empty, when, as he commenced his tedious litany, I grabbed the little sh*t by the collar and, as I ejected him from the premises, informed him in no uncertain manner that not only was he never to set foot in the place again, but the world didn't require a soundtrack from him. I feel there's much the same level of mental acuity being demonstrated here...]"

You're spending too much time here Mister. Maybe you ought to find yourself another job. Or maybe a girlfriend.

I'll probably be banned for posting this. 
You most likely won't be banned, but you probably should be. Why start sh*t? There's plenty enough already.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »

Maybe just don't read AGD's posts? 

He's been on my butt plenty of times, but I generally enjoy reading him nonetheless.
And he's usually right; except when it comes to me , of course...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »

"Why You Hite Morgan AGD?"
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »

Not so long ago--a few months, probably--AGD posted something along the lines of me having posted the dumbest piece of patronizing twaddle in the history of the board. I disagreed with him, obviously. And so the reason I hate AGD is--oh, wait, I don't have AGD. I don't have anything against AGD. He's informed, has an apparently pesky and annoying fixation on accuracy, and is one of few posters who injects sufficient personality to his posts to be interesting and memorable above the agonizing soft beige of everything else.

Besides, hating someone who posts on a message board is pathetic. Kind of like hating a singer you've never met (for example).

Grow up.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

haha i love Andrew's posts! i've been lurking here wayyy before i started posting, and always found him insightful, quirky, accurate and hilarious.

2/10 troll. would not read again.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »

This wins the award for the most witless thread I've seen started on this site, from an author who apparently has an infinite amount of time on his hands.

Thanks for sharing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »

Andrew's among the handful of posters who keep this place worth visiting. There's often been a river of bile on here, with the occasion tripe tributary, as well as the sh*t pools. But AGD and a handful of others keep some of the waters worth navigating. Aye, he can get a tad curmudgeonly but usually only with them as merits it. Haven't seen him start an offensive provocative thread like this one and if he did you can be sure he'd do it using his own name.

“We live in divisive times.”
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

How can I show you Zen if you do not first empty y

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »

My my, aren't we touchy.

Now now girls, hoist up yer panties.

The equally insipid Mike Love thread has gotten 27 pages of sludge.

I've only scored 7 replies 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:36 PM »

No need for this. We have enough fighting and name calling as it is.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:29:39 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx