gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:43:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When I Sleep...  (Read 1932 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »

I cannot fall asleep unless I have some sort of aural stimulation. I know people will say that it prevents  getting a proper sleep, but I sleep soundly every night using this "aural stimulation" as I call it.
Really what the "aural stimulation" is, is I listen to the BBs every night when I sleep. Even though I fall asleep, so I'm not consciously listening, I hear it when I wake up, and as I'm falling asleep.

Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy?
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »

Maybe this will help. Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-59yjCqtIE
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:38 PM »

I was going to call the thread I Went To Sleep... But for sake of not being cheesy I went against it....  LOL
rogerlancelot
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

I used to play that 8 minute version of "Til I Die" before I went to sleep every night circa 1998-99. It was a wonderful way to end the night.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »

I used to play that 8 minute version of "Til I Die" before I went to sleep every night circa 1998-99. It was a wonderful way to end the night.

Holy sh*t me too...during the same time frame!!!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »

I cannot fall asleep unless I have some sort of aural stimulation. I know people will say that it prevents  getting a proper sleep, but I sleep soundly every night using this "aural stimulation" as I call it.
Really what the "aural stimulation" is, is I listen to the BBs every night when I sleep. Even though I fall asleep, so I'm not consciously listening, I hear it when I wake up, and as I'm falling asleep.

Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy?

This should sort you out.  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEi_K7c5nM
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »

Holy sh*t me too...during the same time frame!!!

Me too, I love that Endless Harmony compilation.  Wonderful/Wonderbill were also very relaxing.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 07:18:03 PM »

The version I'm thinking of was on a version of Landlocked / Adult Child that I believe was on Pegboy. It started with an alternate mix with less vocal overdubs and then basically went into the mix that appears on Endless Harmony. I need to find my copy again, it really is incredible. It makes me feel that the Surf's Up version in criminally short.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 05:50:01 AM »

In my life, since early childhood, it is lights off, music on every night when I go to bed.

It is very often Beach Boys music for about the last 10 years.  When it is another artist, I have once or twice had to get out of bed after a short while and change the CD to a reliable Beach Boys option.

Although it happens less often these days, I love coming home on a summer night after a few um beverages and putting on the final four TWGMTR tracks.  Those songs sound so good in that scenario.

Sometimes when I am on the cusp of sleep the music suddenly seems very loud and wakes me up and I have to turn the volume down.  Then the next day it sounds so quiet on that volume.  There are probably studies that show that our senses are heightened when we are in that state of semi sleep.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 10:20:53 PM »

Closest I could come is way back when I was in high school (coincidentally, also the 90s).  I had an alarm clock/radio which I pretty much left permanently on radio.  The volume was turned low so that I wouldn't hear it... or at least realize I was hearing it if I was asleep or near asleep.  But it was juuuuuust high enough that if I was awake, I would hear it.  So in the very early hours of the morning, if I heard the radio, I'd realize I was awake and get up.  Much better way to wake up than listening to beep beep beep beep beep.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx