gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:27:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Harrisongs Collection - Beatle Years  (Read 2241 times)
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »

This playlist makes a nice double album featuring only Beatles songs credited solely to George:

Side 1: 1963-1965

1.   Don’t Bother Me
2.   I Need You
3.   You Like Me Too Much
4.   If I Needed Someone
5.   Think For Yourself

Side 2: 1966-1967

1.   Taxman
2.   Love You To
3.   I Want to Tell You
4.   Only a Northern Song
5.   It’s All Too Much
6.   Within You Without You
7.   Blue Jay Way

Side 3: 1968

1.   The Inner Light
2.   Piggies
3.   Savoy Truffle
4.   While My Guitar Gently Weeps
5.   Long Long Long

Side 4: 1969

1.   I Me Mine
2.   For You Blue
3.   Old Brown Shoe
4.   Here Comes the Sun
5.   Something
KDS
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:17 PM »

Very cool. 

George doesn't get nearly enough credit for the material he wrote in The Beatles. 

If you take quality over quantity, I rank George second to John in The Beatles. 

And his solo career is probably the most consistently good of any of the Fab Four. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:55:06 PM »

Very cool. 

George doesn't get nearly enough credit for the material he wrote in The Beatles. 

And his solo career is probably the most consistently good of any of the Fab Four. 
It would be hard for me to compare George with John or Paul in the Beatle years, simply because Lenn/Mac wrote so much more material. As a solo artist, though, he's my favorite hands down. Both John and Paul released some great stuff and a lot of junk. I can't think of one Harrison album that i don't like (unless you count Electronic Sound).
KDS
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:01 AM »

Very cool. 

It would be hard for me to compare George with John or Paul in the Beatle years, simply because Lenn/Mac wrote so much more material. As a solo artist, though, he's my favorite hands down. Both John and Paul released some great stuff and a lot of junk. I can't think of one Harrison album that i don't like (unless you count Electronic Sound).

Like his solo albums, George wrote no clunkers in his Beatles years.  Can't really say the same for John and Paul. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »

Very cool. 

Like his solo albums, George wrote no clunkers in his Beatles years.  Can't really say the same for John and Paul. 
Well, not many clunkers from Lenn/Mac in the Beatle years. As solo artists, though, there are plenty.
KDS
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 05:47:45 AM »

Very cool. 

Well, not many clunkers from Lenn/Mac in the Beatle years. As solo artists, though, there are plenty.

True, and John is my favorite songwriter with The Beatles.  But I think he and Paul each had a couple of misses, but George really didn't. 
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:40 AM »

Very cool. 

True, and John is my favorite songwriter with The Beatles.  But I think he and Paul each had a couple of misses, but George really didn't. 

Seems like he had a hard time getting his songs on the records at the best of times, so it's no wonder they didn't let any Harrison "clunkers" on.

Please delete my account
KDS
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »

Very cool. 

Seems like he had a hard time getting his songs on the records at the best of times, so it's no wonder they didn't let any Harrison "clunkers" on.

If he had too many songs on a record, they couldn't call him "The Quiet One" anymore.  Smiley 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »

It's amazing that he got 3 songs on Revolver; then he was back to just 1 song on Pepper and Mystery Tour. They had to do a very long double album for him to get 4 songs; and Yellow Sub was a soundtrack the others didn't care much about, so he got 2 of the 6 songs on side one of that album.
KDS
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:24 AM »

It's amazing that he got 3 songs on Revolver; then he was back to just 1 song on Pepper and Mystery Tour. They had to do a very long double album for him to get 4 songs; and Yellow Sub was a soundtrack the others didn't care much about, so he got 2 of the 6 songs on side one of that album.

I think by the time George was really coming into his own as a songwriter, The Beatles probably didn't want to mess with success and still fill the records with Lennon/McCartney numbers. 

Three amazing songwriters in one band all trying to get songs on those albums.  It's no wonder they broke up. 

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 09:15:19 AM »

I can't think of one Harrison album that i don't like (unless you count Electronic Sound).
Interesting, even Gone Troppo & self-titled? These 2 regarded weak by every other George fan.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »

I can't think of one Harrison album that i don't like (unless you count Electronic Sound).
Interesting, even Gone Troppo & self-titled? These 2 regarded weak by every other George fan.
I have read mostly positive comments about the "George Harrison" album. "Gone Troppo" gets dissed because no one bought it. It's a wonderful, happy, up album of nice melodies.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 07:09:10 AM »

I haven't even listened to Gone Troppo in years but last saturday that song came dancing into my head and wouldn't leave.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »

I haven't even listened to Gone Troppo in years but last saturday that song came dancing into my head and wouldn't leave.
I've had a lot of fun working out songs like Mystical One, Unknown Delight and Dream Away on the guitar. George had a knack for great melodies and chord changes, topped off with his wonderful slide guitar work. Your Love is Forever and Dark Sweet Lady from the '79 album are also nice showcases for his tasteful, melodic guitar work.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx