gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:44:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why do you hate Mike Love?  (Read 167284 times)
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: December 23, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »

How does one hate someone they've never met beyond the usual autograph and maybe minute-long small talk? Well, unless their wives or girlfriends took a liking to the Lovester, that is.

They dont call him the Lovester for nothing. Id hit it

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 23, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

See, even LGBT folks want to hop on the Love train. Sing it with me, people.

"People all over the world..."

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 23, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »

TRBB train. Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 23, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »

The article should be in the first issue of Record Collector of 2016.

I may stay offline for the next 8 years or so...

Thanks for the news, Iain - looking forward to it (the article that is, not the staying offline bit)

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 23, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »

How does one hate someone they've never met beyond the usual autograph and maybe minute-long small talk? Well, unless their wives or girlfriends took a liking to the Lovester, that is.

Took a liking to the luHvster??? That's rich.  LOL LOL LOL LOL You've gotta be kidding! How (with the exception of 5) women with anything between their ears would want anything to do with him is in fact, beyond belief.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 23, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »

Women like money.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 23, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »

Women like money.

Any woman worth their salt would take one look into those beady, greedy eyes and do a record breaking mile long run away from that creep.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »

Women like money.

Who doesn't?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 23, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »

We all need money and most of us would like more than we have now, but when it becomes one's deity, like myKe luHv for instance, it turns into pure unadulterated greed or "a grasping desire for possession". It fits him to a tee. A look at the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous( LOL)" featuring luHv along with the ludicrous touring schedule says volumes, not to mention the lawsuits.

Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 03, 2016, 04:57:06 AM »

I met Mike Love after the Beach Boys concert in Brooklyn last month. I never thought in my wildest dream that I would be face to face with him and talking to him. I was glad I waited on a cold night considering I had to travel back to the Bronx and go to work the next day. It was the moment I will treasure.

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
KDS
« Reply #910 on: March 03, 2016, 05:11:57 AM »

I met Mike Love after the Beach Boys concert in Brooklyn last month. I never thought in my wildest dream that I would be face to face with him and talking to him. I was glad I waited on a cold night considering I had to travel back to the Bronx and go to work the next day. It was the moment I will treasure.

It's refreshing to hear a positive story about Mike Love. 
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 03, 2016, 05:42:13 AM »

We all need money and most of us would like more than we have now, but when it becomes one's deity, like myKe luHv for instance, it turns into pure unadulterated greed or "a grasping desire for possession". It fits him to a tee. A look at the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous( LOL)" featuring luHv along with the ludicrous touring schedule says volumes, not to mention the lawsuits.
OSD - I cannot believe that you think Murry was in the right by defrauding lyrics that Mike legit wrote. He didn't do it to non-family.

Everyone has a right to be attributed with their work-product and benefit from it. 

And, by the same token, I think that Murry pulled the wool over Brian's eyes (with lots of very corrupt industry help and cooperation - for this and the sale of SOT) to let Brian think he was an equal partner, when he was scamming his own kid/s.   Just sayin.'  Wink 

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 03, 2016, 06:26:20 AM »

It is indeed.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:14 AM »

I guess we can presume it's a positive story since the moment was treasured, but it would be interesting to hear what was actually discussed.

That being said, I've very, very rarely heard of an in-person random fan meeting with Mike where Mike comes off poorly. Especially these days when there isn't tumult backstage before gigs like there was in, say, 1979 or something.

I've actually heard far more negative stories about Bruce before/during/after gigs than negative stories of Mike (or Brian or Al or certainly David Marks for that matter).

However justified people feel the criticism of Mike happens to be, it comes mostly from his comments and actions concerning the band and band mates (and sometimes journalists I suppose) as opposed to one-on-one interactions with fans, especially fans attending his concerts.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #914 on: March 03, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »

At NO time have I ever hated Mike Love.  But for many of these past 50 years my level of respect for him has wavered somewhere between a little bit of respect to virtually none at all.  And he's always brought my reaction UP in terms of the amount of negativity I have in that regard.  Every time I've decided to cut him a break and only look at the good side of his ledger he drops another poo-poo bomb on it.

The guy upped the game of the touring 'Beach Boys'.  They do a good job...a really good job...live on stage.  I wouldn't give him all of  the credit though.  Except for the fact that he hired Scott and John...it couldn't and wouldn't have happened.   But in spirit of that the lineup has improved in recent years to the point where they honour the music instead of just pumpin' out substandard, off-key noise for bucks.

What irritates me to NO END is the fact that all he does any of 'it' for ... is dough.  He is willing and glad to put the legacy of the group, most of us here love, directly into the shitter just to sell some books.  He is willing to bitch, moan and complain about issues which have gone through the courts and were long ago settled.  [Then there are the frivolous law suits.   Roll Eyes  That's a whole other ball of wax and stupidity. ]  And he is always willing to overlook reality in order to substantiate his talking points.  He's like a broken record/broken man.  No wait... ... ...he IS a broken record/broken man who chooses not to celebrate the good things in life he's been ever-so fortunate to be showered with.  Instead he cries incessantly about his dreams not being fulfilled.  Because, after all, it is ONLY in his 'dreams' that he will ever be considered the equal of Brian Wilson....or hundreds upon hundreds of other TALENTED and CREATIVE people over the long haul that has been his time in the music biz.

Unfortunately those pipe dreams of his are nightmares for folks living in the real world who give's a rat's ass about the group and it's creative place in the annals of rock 'n' roll/Rock history.  The king of Hall of Fame speech makers is a wart on the ass of most things Beach Boys way too often.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:24:18 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Myra
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 03, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »

Mike seemed like a cool guy when I met him. At almost 75, he seemed very spunky. And he wore lots of rings on his fingers like Sammy Davis, Jr.

Be kind to the people you meet on the way up because you will meet the same people on the way down.

Ralph Kramden.
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 05, 2016, 06:16:17 AM »

Mike seemed like a cool guy when I met him. At almost 75, he seemed very spunky. And he wore lots of rings on his fingers like Sammy Davis, Jr.

Sammy Davis, Jr?

The guy oozes Liberace!

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 05, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »

Sammy Davis, Jr?

The guy oozes Liberace!

Mike's said in the past that his rings are to do with his religion -- they're something to do with Vedic astrology.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »

Sammy Davis, Jr?

The guy oozes Liberace!
\
 Thumbs Up  LOL LOL Just more phony baloney mahagarbage from the greedster  who only has one true idol-cashola.  Roll Eyes

wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 05, 2016, 08:45:32 AM »

Can we get out of here by lunch?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 02, 2016, 09:39:19 AM »

Thread bump.  A chance to review what transpired.

IIRC - I was not happy with the provocative nature of the thread title. 

Peter Reum had some words of wisdom toward the end of the thread. 

Happy Labor Day weekend - especially to those who support union workers.  Wink
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx