gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 04:49:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made in California Disc 4  (Read 2694 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »

Listened to this tonight.    Have any of you enjoyed this lately?     Hats off again to those involved in the production of this compilation.     Overall, this Box is the gift that keeps on giving.    Have indulged several times in listening to all six discs in sequence, one trac at a time.   There is so much more to be had here as a listening experience than in listening to the catalogue in a random manner as I am inclined to do.     Disc four was especially good tonight........enhanced by some Mendicino vegetables.     Wink.     I'm gone be round my vegetables Smiley LOL Smokin
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:34 AM »

Donald, great to hear you are enjoying MIC so much - I know Alan and Mark put a lot of thought and effort into creating a most satisfying listening experience with this box set.

For those who have not yet acquired the set, it IS available still in both physical and digital formats - so do so soon, you won't regret it!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:25:31 PM »

I love MIC. It's my go to BBs collection to listen to. It used to be the '93 boxset, but this one is superior. I also like to play my Spirit Of America vinyl too! It's actually the only BBs vinyl I own.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »

I love the MIC box and also GV93 box. I only wish Alan and Mark would have selected more mono mixes for the singles. Still not a huge fan of some of the remixes.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »

I love the MIC box and also GV93 box. I only wish Alan and Mark would have selected more mono mixes for the singles. Still not a huge fan of some of the remixes.

It should be what we (the fans) want.. Not what Alan and Mark want.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »

Oh I agree, I'm just a mono snob (most of the time) so I would prefer those mixes.  Listening

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:53 AM »

MIC is one of my best recent box sets over the last few years behind the SMiLE sessions... Smiley
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:24:07 AM »

Disc 3 is my favorite (of any bb comp cd) but disc 4 runs a close second. Great sequencing - these two are never far from my car stereo.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »

Carl Wilson on "Sail On Sailor."  The end.  No offense to Blondie, who sings the hell out of it as well.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »

The mono singles are on the 93 box.  The remixes and stereo mixes distinguish MIC from the previous box and gives a different character so it's just not "more of the same" with a disc of rarities.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »

The sequencing and alternate mixes, along with the superior sound quality on many cuts, make MIC a special listening experience over previous boxes and comps.  I haven't pulled the 93 box out in along time.  Might be interesting to compare song for song.

I've had the same sort of experience with the two Byrds boxes.  A few years ago I attempted to cull my favorite mixes and versions from both sets onto one set .    I finally gave up on it as it became too tedious to sort out the nuances.   I did finally cram as many of my favorite cuts as possible onto a single cd for a Byrds Prime Listening CD to take on the road.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »

If only we could get a vinyl release of MIC though. A truncated version would be fine by me. Maybe 3 or 4 discs like they did with the vinyl version of Dylan's Basement Tapes last year.

I think the BBs or are in dire need of a comprehensive vinyl greatest hits that includes the deep cuts. There's just nothing out there for me.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx