gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:21:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why doesn't anyone talk about how weird it is that Dennis banged his cousin?  (Read 6926 times)
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »

The guy could have any girl in California and he picks HIS COUSIN?! Jeeze.

Umm. By the early 1980s, Dennis was not exactly Dennis of 1970 vintage good looks. He was a burned out, (bloated) drunk (sadly). Doubt at this point he could get any girl in California he wanted.....not that it matters considering the circumstances.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 07:55:12 PM »

There's a joke.  "My sisiter told me I 'eff you see kay' just like dad. 
Odd...that's exactly what mom said." 

When it gets anywhere near THAT point chances are something ain't quite right.  LAST time I saw Dennis...he was in a bar, enjoying some 'frosty beverages' with  [I'm pretty sure it was] 3 women sitting with him and him alone at his corner table.  It was perhaps 80 minutes after the concert.  The Beach Boys had done up a great show.   Denny never made it to the arena.  He went to the movies instead and saw E.T.  The point?

Dennis Wilson was there.  But by then...the late summer of 1982...he wasn't ALL there.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »

I'm guessing nobody talks about how weird it is because Dennis - just like a certain brother of his - is beyond critism in many people's eyes.

THe guy had a lot of good qualities, and we're more than 30 years past his death. 

So people give him a pass because he's no longer with us, no use bringing up bad things he did when he's not hear to defend himself or make amends for it. 

It's pretty accepted in most cultures that you typically don't speak ill of the dead, especially if they were generally a good hearted person. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »

Fair points.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 03:56:25 AM »

I'm guessing nobody talks about how weird it is because Dennis - just like a certain brother of his - is beyond critism in many people's eyes.

Or because if one were to believe another BB member's side of the story, Shawn's father was not in fact that BB member, which if an accurate claim would then invalidate that aspect of the relationship from being weird, right?

It would still be weird because the paternity issue was public and well known (i.e. Mike had gone thorugh it), thus making the relationship look like a stab at Mike Love whatever the truth about Shawn's claim was.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »

Or because if one were to believe another BB member's side of the story, Shawn's father was not in fact that BB member, which if an accurate claim would then invalidate that aspect of the relationship from being weird, right?

It would still be weird because the paternity issue was public and well known (i.e. Mike had gone thorugh it), thus making the relationship look like a stab at Mike Love whatever the truth about Shawn's claim was.

Am I reading CD's post correctly. Mike not being Shawns father, but another group member is?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2015, 03:06:44 PM »

Am I reading CD's post correctly. Mike not being Shawns father, but another group member is?

Pretty Funky: Apologies if my wording led you to that misinterpretation of my post. I was referring to Mike in all those instances.

Autotune: once someone denies paternity, publicly/privately or both, how exactly does this become a "stab" at the person who says they are not the father? That person is saying the child is not theirs. Was Denny not to take Mike at his word? Wouldn't it only be a stab if Mike acknowledged he was (or probably was) the father?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:12:04 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »

Frankly I'd give Dennis a pass simply because he's a Wilson and when you're talking about the Beach Boys that's all that matters.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2015, 05:08:40 PM »

Pretty Funky: Apologies if my wording led you to that misinterpretation of my post. I was referring to Mike in all those instances.

Autotune: once someone denies paternity, publicly/privately or both, how exactly does this become a "stab" at the person who says they are not the father? That person is saying the child is not theirs. Was Denny not to take Mike at his word? Wouldn't it only be a stab if Mike acknowledged he was (or probably was) the father?

really, dude? let me put it in simple terms:

Woman: "Hey you're my dad!"
Probably the dad: "No Im not!"
Guy that has years of issues with the probable dad: "Oh you're not? Well I'm going to bang her then!"
Probably the dad:  Angry
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 07:10:28 PM »

really, dude? let me put it in simple terms:

Woman: "Hey you're my dad!"
Probably the dad: "No Im not!"
Guy that has years of issues with the probable dad: "Oh you're not? Well I'm going to bang her then!"
Probably the dad:  Angry

IMO, logic would tend to dictate that said probable dad would have to care about the mere existence of said woman for that relationship to register a blip on the getting mad scale, unless the denial was a whopper to begin with.  
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:36:35 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx