gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:56:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unleash The Love - Mike Love 2005 album  (Read 12572 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2015, 06:27:05 AM »

No one buys CDs anymore. Some inside info - even a band that can sell 30,000 tickets might only  sell aroun 5 CDs

So, just proved yourself wrong. Five is five more than "no-one".

I buy CDs. Guess I'm no-one...

Did Brian sign the TWGMTR CD, or did Jeff sign as Brian? 

You're like a child in the way you point the most stupidly basic things out. For a band that can sell 30,000 tickets, 5CDs might as well be no sales at all - and as I said this is at live shows. Obviously people buy CDs but NOT at concerts.
Just bought two Brian CD's last month.  I believe in paying for the labor and production of musicians. At C50, Al sold his Postcard from California, autographed. The BB's sold ten-packs of TWGMTR with a bonus CD fully autographed by the five of them.  At $100, it was a bargain, as stocking stuffers.

They are always available at BW/ BB / AJ concerts.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »

Anyone know the background to this?

When it was recorded? With whom? Why it was never released?

It's actually a pretty good album. I'm looking at the possibility of releasing it (I have previous, not just a fruitcake, I just released an LP of Micky Dolenz rarities http://www.amazon.co.uk/Singles-Collection-Limited-Vinyl-Booklet/dp/B00YJADBJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438110854&sr=8-1&keywords=dolenz+mgm ) and wondered why it hadn't come out before.

Any info would be gratefully appreciated. If it's too sensitive to share here, then do email iain@iainlee.com and class check out www.facebook.com/7aRecords

Thanks for your time

I'd like to see you get is first album released - and that has the originals of some of the styff on Unleashed...
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »

I am considering this as a genuine release. I've already approached BB management and Mike is being sent a copy of the Dolenz LP I released to see what we can do.

If anyone can furnish any info - dates, musicians, producers, other tracks recorded - please do let me know.

Thanks

Hi, a very good place to start would be to either ask Scott Totten via this board or indeed PM him about it - I recall talking to Scott in (Liverpool) 2003 about the recordings.

A certain friend (a Brit i add) gave me a um um (copy) of 'Unleash' in November 2004, so it has been circulating rather a long time .
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

One of the best surprises I ever had with music sold at a concert venue only was at a Jan & Dean show in Orlando, FL (Church Street Station) in 1988.

After the show, Jan was selling a cassette album called PORT TO PARADISE.  When I got it home, it turned out to be a brand new Jan & Dean album actually produced by Jan Berry, with vocals from Dean.  While it contained 4 remixes of older Jan Berry solo tracks, 6 of the tracks were excellent Jan Berry productions cut between 1982 and 1987, including Ocean Park Angel, Hot Lookin' Lady, Best Love Ever and the spectacular Hawaiian Mirage, which had a wrecking/crew/1964 classic sound to it.  Stories in the Sunshine Music rag had floated around in 1981/82 about new Jan & Dean recordings produced by Jan (Ocean Park/Blue Moon was an expected single), etc. but it all sort of disappeared after their 1982 split.  So that was a great souvenir.
TommyPlural
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »

Just stumbled on this thread. Would definitely be interesting to see this have an official release.
Anyway, I looked around the board and the internet at large to see if the session dates for the Unleash the Love material were available anywhere and couldn't find them. Some of the studio info is out there but I'm mostly interested in the chronology of when these things were recorded. Knowing how lots of Beach Boys projects work I wouldn't be surprised if some of the sessions dated back many years. There is a bit of an air of mystery around the Mike Love solo recordings (why has he recorded so much and released so little? Personal pleasure? Perfectionism?) and I'm curious to learn more.
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »

. There is a bit of an air of mystery around the Mike Love solo recordings (why has he recorded so much and released so little? Personal pleasure? Perfectionism?) and I'm curious to learn more.

IMO - It is most definitely perfectionism. His unreleased solo work is the closest thing to musical perfection you will ever hear. It is a unique form of sonic art expression that, when Mike is finally satisfied, he will unleash the love upon the world and WE WILL PAY HOMAGE  Thud .
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx