gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680873 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 12:19:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'd rather listen to Kokomo than.........  (Read 7606 times)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »

... but yet you pontificate on and on and on about your hatred for another man, whom you've never met, year after year after year while you live out the last few months of your miserable life. 

How you don't see the irony in that is beyond me
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »

Mike really likes the song because

1. it was one of their biggest hits
2. it was years after everyone had thought they'd never have a big hit again
3. it was in a movie

So really, I don't mind him bragging about it.  As a matter of fact, I find it funny when he brags about it, and chuckle to myself, and think "Oh Mike.  there you go again, being all Mike and everything"

But I always think "okay, Mike, if you're so talented in a commercial way, where were the big hits to follow up on a worldwide #1 smash?" Any other band would kill for that kind of career momentum. but the Beach Boys being the Beach Boys, they waited a full year to issue a followup, Still Cruisin - which to be fair, went top 10 on the A/C chart, but did nothing on the pop charts. And the album was yet another hodgepodge of new and old songs. Mike did finally get around to releasing his vision of what a post-Kokomo BB's album should be, SIP...and it was their poorest seller ever. Yep, Mike Love sure had his pulse on what was commercial. NOT!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx