gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:03:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussion: How will this news impact future BB venues?  (Read 5796 times)
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »

COMMENT:

What affect, do you think, will this current news story have on future Beach Boy concert plans?

Would you go to an outdoor event?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/593187/Islamic-State-Isis-drones-bomb-crowds-football-festivals-Britain
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »

hi Stephen,

yes I would attend.

- interesting debate potential, thank you
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:12:58 PM »

Never mind the BB, what about open air events in general ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:19:30 PM »

hi Andrew,

yes I would attend.

- interesting expanded debate potential, thank you
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »

That's scary, to say the LEAST. One of my best friends is traveling to England later this summer, and this is makes me worry about her.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »

good grief UC,
she will be fine.
guarenteed.

- do not believe the BS
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 04:51:34 PM »

AAARRRGH

here come the helicopters and drones
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:08:54 PM »

UC-m ?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »

wouldn't it be simplest to just round up and incarcerate every Muslim in the UK?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »

It'd HAVE to be a full Beach Boys reunion with Ricky on drums and David on guitar...and in Canada...before I'd buy a ticket.  Of course 'THEY' know THIS means WAR.  I mean REALLY.

Friggin' arseholes ... takin' over.  We have been de-balled.   

By who?  Shareholders.

KILL the rich!!!

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »

The day you stop going to concerts, sports events because of this the f***ers have won.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »

That's scary, to say the LEAST. One of my best friends is traveling to England later this summer, and this is makes me worry about her.

Do you worry about her when she crosses the street ? Or drives a car ?  Tell you this, over here the chances of her being blown away at random by some deluded asshole with an assault rifle they just walked into a store and bought are, effectively, nil. As Obama has stated this week, there's been about 100 Americans killed by terrorists since 9/11, but over 10,000 in gun related incidents. God bless the NRA and their vigilance.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 01:52:44 AM »

I love the way this debate already focuses on the dangers in England. Because the IS guys wouldn't dream of attacking an open air event in the US, right, or anywhere else in the world? What possible provocation could they have for a US-based attack?

Seriously, if this story is true then nowhere is safe. Might as well sit tight at home and wait to die…

“We live in divisive times.”
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:12:45 AM »

Terrifying, but it is the Daily Express, the worst paper in the country because it still pretends to be a newspaper. It makes the Daily Mail look like the Morning Star.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 04:34:58 AM »

whenever a gun slaughter occurs stateside, the gun control debate opens again.
a couple of slaughters ago a VERY unexpected participant joined the fray.

speaking directly to the American public, Vladmir Putin said: "Keep you guns."

- unusual.  short and sweet.  fraught with meaning
KDS
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 05:25:11 AM »

whenever a gun slaughter occurs stateside, the gun control debate opens again.
a couple of slaughters ago a VERY unexpected participant joined the fray.

speaking directly to the American public, Vladmir Putin said: "Keep you guns."

- unusual.  short and sweet.  fraught with meaning

I usually don't like to talk politics on a music forum.  But, its worth noting that the some of the most violent cities in the US are the ones with the most strict gun laws (ie. Chicago).  In states where its easier to for law abiding citizens to arm themselves, there is much less violence. 

The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter what you make illegal, the criminals will always find a way around it.  Especially, since many in the US are now looking at the police as the enemy, and glorifying the criminals.  Here in Baltimore, they're going to name a community center after Freddie Gray, a career criminal and drug dealer who was killed while the police were arresting him for about the 20th time the last few years. 

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 05:57:14 AM »

agree w/ KDS about politics on a music forum.  but we might just have a pass this time
for it is at the behest of the great Stephen W. Desper.

that Putin statement was a puzzle.  was he referencing the US government, terrorists, ?

now, thanks again to KDS, it may be Putin was talking about resisting a police state ?

- cheers (i think)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 06:27:07 AM »

I love the way this debate already focuses on the dangers in England. Because the IS guys wouldn't dream of attacking an open air event in the US, right, or anywhere else in the world? What possible provocation could they have for a US-based attack?

Seriously, if this story is true then nowhere is safe. Might as well sit tight at home and wait to die…

Perhaps the story is focused on England because the topic has been raised since 9/11 in the U.S. It's no longer news here. The drones aspect wasn't around in 2001, and obviously at that time it wasn't focused on ISIS (which didn't exist yet). But the idea of terrorists attacking a sports or music event is kind of old news here. And the reality is, people aren't willing to give up the living of life on the miniscule chance some terrorist asshole is going to try to commit moronic violence, any more than we give up the living of life on the (larger, but still miniscule) chance some non-jihadist shithead is going to go on a shooting spree. We get those pretty often here (such as last night in a Louisiana movie theater), and we still go on with life.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 07:21:19 AM »

nice essay, Cap, and it really is the right answer.
the terrorist Islamic jihadist fear mongering is not correct, and unfair to a great many people.

may i suggest that the word criminal be used instead.
these things are perpetrated by criminals (some deranged, some not).

our societies have centuries of jurisprudence in firm place to deal with criminals.

hatemongering is counter productive, yet very profitable.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 07:26:42 AM »

COMMENT:

What affect, do you think, will this current news story have on future Beach Boy concert plans?

Would you go to an outdoor event?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/593187/Islamic-State-Isis-drones-bomb-crowds-football-festivals-Britain

It is a valid question.  I'd like to see both pressure cookers and drones outlawed, at least in the U.S.  And possession of non-official purposed drones become a crime, from a privacy invasion perspective as well as the potential for criminal use. And, if in govt. hands, then use strictly regulated by multiple public and citizen groups to guard against abuse.  

Citizens are powerless against the imaginations of truly evil people who are without a conscience when it comes to these homemade weapons of mass destruction.  As for outdoor events, I prefer those which are well-planned and well-policed.  
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 07:33:24 AM »

Bruce is working on a "Star Wars" type anti drone defence system that will be attached to his Mic Stand. ISIS won't stand a chance.🚀
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:39 AM »

Hi Stephen -

To answer your original question, I don't think this "threat" will have any affect on future Beach Boys concert plans and yes, I will still go to outdoor events.

I believe this whole tale of ISIS potentially using drones to bomb outdoor events is nothing more than neocon propaganda, meant to scare us. Additionally, I live in the United States, and I have faith that our military would blow any such drones out of the sky.

Thanks for starting this discussion. I believe it is good to talk about such things. The question is, Stephen, what do you think? Do you fear such attacks by ISIS?
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:07 AM »

these things are perpetrated by criminals (some deranged, some not).

I'd say the minds behind such acts are those of criminals----the actual perpetrators are brainwashed zombies who can only leave IS (or Al Qaida) one way...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »

Bruce has applied to be Trump's running mate.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »

I was in attendance April 27, 1980 at Maple Leaf Gardens when the Beach Boys did an
anti Ayatolla rant and then performed "Bomb Iran" to the more well known melody.

- RG
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx