gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:18:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondie Chaplin is an attention seeking, shameless Sewer Rat  (Read 10128 times)
Lana
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »

Blondie Chaplin is an attention seeking, shameless Sewer Rat

Attended one of the shows last week on this No Pier Pressure Tour, with a super cool Rodriquez opening. His vocals were crystal clear, as was his message: Don’t waste time on hatred. And while I agree with that, I wonder if anyone else thought Blondie Chaplin acted like a spoiled child on this tour..

Blondie Chaplin came out for his few songs. Sail Away, Wild Honey, Sail On Sailor. He totally overplayed his guitar solos, not wanting to step out of the spotlight. So embarrassing. Then, he had nothing to do. For the remainder of the show he was a persistent disturbance, wandering around the stage like a spoiled child. It appeared that he was trying to get people to notice him. I felt embarrassed for him. He stole a tambourine and a shaker from the percussionists which he shook as loudly as he could when everyone else had stopped, seeking attention. He wandered behind the stage, only his head bobbing out from behind the percussionist police and peered out like a gremlin. He was incredibly distracting to the point of being disrespectful. At the show’s end he tried to bask in a little bit of the love that was pouring out for BDW and the BDW band, who are there to support BDW. The applause actually died down when he stepped out.

At the after show event he appeared drunk, belching even. He was discussing the fact that his amplifier had been switched off! So possibly someone backstage also thought he was overdoing the role he was hired for.

Caught like a sewer rat, alone, but he sailed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »

Are you serious?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
KDS
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »

You mean, a rock star acted like a rock star?  It is a rock show after all.  

Personally, I think Blondie was a fine addition to the tour.  At the show I attended in Philly, he brought a ton of energy to the show.  

His rocked up version of Wild Honey was amazing, as was his guitar solo.  

Plus, it was a treat to hear Sail On Sailor sung by the same man who sang it on Holland.  Brian was into it.  He was smiling and moving to the music during the song.  

Sail Away is my favorite song on NPP, so it was really cool to have Blondie there in person to sing it with Brian and Al.  

The crowd and the band seemed to like Blondie at the show I attended.  

Different strokes I guess.  
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:16:48 PM »

Troll. Do not feed.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »

I like Blondie.  It would have been nice if he'd been worked into C50, but glad to see him playing with Brian a bit these past few years.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:13:24 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »

Don’t waste time on hatred.

Said the person whose first two posts were...

Luckily for this board, it has been lacking people with the clear vision to "speak the truth," which--like any good stupid citizen--I understand as to mean saying really dumb things to get attention. And Lana has indeed performed admirably in that respect.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »

Troll. Do not feed.

Yes. This.

I saw the show in Salt Lake. He was great. Rocked hard.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:58 AM »

Attended one of the shows last week on this No Pier Pressure Tour...

To quote the Zimster, you're a liar, I don't believe you. Why ?  Because from July 13th to the 23rd there were no BW shows.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:50:55 AM »

Blondie Chaplin is an attention seeking, shameless Sewer Rat

Attended one of the shows last week on this No Pier Pressure Tour, with a super cool Rodriquez opening. His vocals were crystal clear, as was his message: Don’t waste time on hatred. And while I agree with that, I wonder if anyone else thought Blondie Chaplin acted like a spoiled child on this tour..

Blondie Chaplin came out for his few songs. Sail Away, Wild Honey, Sail On Sailor. He totally overplayed his guitar solos, not wanting to step out of the spotlight. So embarrassing. Then, he had nothing to do. For the remainder of the show he was a persistent disturbance, wandering around the stage like a spoiled child. It appeared that he was trying to get people to notice him. I felt embarrassed for him. He stole a tambourine and a shaker from the percussionists which he shook as loudly as he could when everyone else had stopped, seeking attention. He wandered behind the stage, only his head bobbing out from behind the percussionist police and peered out like a gremlin. He was incredibly distracting to the point of being disrespectful. At the show’s end he tried to bask in a little bit of the love that was pouring out for BDW and the BDW band, who are there to support BDW. The applause actually died down when he stepped out.

At the after show event he appeared drunk, belching even. He was discussing the fact that his amplifier had been switched off! So possibly someone backstage also thought he was overdoing the role he was hired for.

Caught like a sewer rat, alone, but he sailed.
This was not the Blondie I saw.  He did a flat out extended jam for WH.  Brilliant on SOS and Sail Away...the Brian team were completely in synch with his cues and fiery performance. None of the YouTubes I've seen support this assertion.

No speeches, and this trio that Blondie did lead on pulled the audience to their feet... A little 101 - a listen to the concert 73-4 might have been good prep for the show, with attention to Leaving this Town. 

Overdoing it? Surely you jest...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx