gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 11:40:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank You Mike Love  (Read 16819 times)
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »

all of these beautiful testaments will now form my bedtime prayers.

Thank You Mike Love for the Oceans
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »

all of these beautiful testaments will now form my bedtime prayers.

Thank You Mike Love for the Oceans

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 02:44:49 PM »

Thank you Mike Love for Turbans and Gold Sequin Vests.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »

We desperately need Brian Wilson today. We need his guidance, his vision and his voice. He speaks for an entire generation of human beings. We need songs that we can pray with, songs that make us feel our humanity. 

You realize that it's because of statements like that that Brian got scared and started to feel the pressure in the first place, right? It's because of this quasi-religious faith in the talent of artists that they don't even want to work anymore. Bob Dylan is the perfect example. He was called a Messiah and a prophet and he understood that he had to get away from it all, for a few years... We don't NEED Brian's vision or his voice, we're just PRIVILEGED and LUCKY to have them in our lives. Brian doesn't speak for an entire nation of human beings, don't ever tell him that! It's the best way to make him freak out!... Brian's just a musician who happens to have been blessed with genius. But he's not a piece of you or a spiritual leader. Let the man do whatever it is he wants to do. If he wants to sing "Smart Girls" in concert or be a coach potato for the rest of his life, that's okay with me. Brian doesn't owe the world anything!... And if good old Mike Love is happy to put on a good show that reminds him of the past and make tons of money doing so, let him...  
Feeling the need to meet high expectations really does take a toll on people. If fame doesn't cause anxiety, it certainly perpetuates it. Obviously his songs speak to a wide variety of individuals and indeed, his music has been an inspiration to me throughout my life. But when you're labeled a genius or a hero, the pressure you feel that everything you do must meet that standard is enormous. Anyway, I'm deviating from the main topic, so...

Thank you Mike Love for leading me not into evil  LOL

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 03:10:54 PM »

Thank you, Mike Love, for writing lyrics to "Good Vibrations" which doesn't make me feel like I'm getting smacked on the head with the concept stick.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »

In all of the hullabaloo, has anyone stopped to thank Lana?

Lana, Lana, oh Lana dear. Indeed.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »

Good one! I also wonder if this board is the snobbiest. We have run off some excellent posters such as Ghost, Nobody, Dennischild and now possibly Lana!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »

Sometimes, I would like to thank Mike Love for bringing the Endless Summer far and wide these past 53 years. So, thanks Mike Love, for all you have done as frontman for The Beach Boys all these years. You bug me at times, but thanks.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »

Thank you Mike Love for the Pluto fly-by
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »

Good one! I also wonder if this board is the snobbiest. We have run off some excellent posters such as Ghost, Nobody, Dennischild and now possibly Lana!

Whatever you're on today, I definitely need some

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 05:37:40 PM »

Thanks Mike, for the weirdest pictures thread.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 05:47:57 PM »

Thank you Mike for making me think that I still might have a chance with the 'chicks'.  That chrome-dome of yours' gives me hope.  Thank you too for making me think that IF I can at least be honest and decent with people that I'll have a snowball's chance in HELL of being respected.  [and that THAT respect will be earned deserved.]

Thank you for being an ass SO frequently that most of us think what we're simply pretty reasonable people...by comparison  Thanks too for playing Brian's music SO often live and in colour that many are fooled into thinking that YOU are important too.  Thanks for being so generally "douchey" that even folks writing about YOU...on your behalf...refer to you as being "douchey".

Sorry Mike.  You have a book coming out.  [and I'm sorry about that too but...]  YOU have work to do...re:  credibility.  It ain't artificial.  YOU made your bed.  Wake up and live.

Oh...Sorry.  It's WAY too fuckin' late for THAT.

I try Cam.  I fail.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 05:57:03 PM »

Talk about douchey? Can you say "Pot calling the kettle black".

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »

I try my best.  Sometimes I fail.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »

I try my best.  Sometimes I fail.
Yep, failed miserably. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »

Thank you Mike for helping to write All This Is That, Be Here In The Mornin, Dance Dance Dance, Add Some Music, All I Wanna Do, All Summer Long, Aren't You Glad, Be True To Your School, California Girls, Catch a Wave, Cool Cool Water, Country Air, Custom Machine, Darlin, Do It Again, Don't Back Down, Don't Hurt My Little Sister, Fun Fun Fun, Good To My Baby, Good Vibrations, Hawaii, Help Me Rhonda, Here Comes The Night, I Get Around, I'm Waiting For The Day, In The Back Of My Mind, It's OK, Kiss Me Baby, Let Him Run Wild, Let The Wind Blow, Let Us Go on This Way, Little Honda, Little Saint Nick, Meant For You, Please Let Me Wonder, She Knows Me Too Well, Surfin, Surfin Safari, That Same Song, The Warmth Of The Sun, Wendy, When I Grow Up, Wild Honey, You're So Good To Me, 409, Funky Pretty, I Know There's An Answer, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Somewhere Near Japan, Only With You, Sounds Of Free, Big Sur, Don't Go Near The Water, It's A Beautiful Day, Make It Big, Getcha Back, Lahaina Aloha, Still Surfin, Leaving This Town, and many other wonderful songs.

Thanks also for writing Summer Of Love, because it makes me laugh pretty hard every summer.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »

Thank you Mike for making me think that I still might have a chance with the 'chicks'.  That chrome-dome of yours' gives me hope.  Thank you too for making me think that IF I can at least be honest and decent with people that I'll have a snowball's chance in HELL of being respected.  [and that THAT respect will be earned deserved.]

Thank you for being an ass SO frequently that most of us think what we're simply pretty reasonable people...by comparison  Thanks too for playing Brian's music SO often live and in colour that many are fooled into thinking that YOU are important too.  Thanks for being so generally "douchey" that even folks writing about YOU...on your behalf...refer to you as being "douchey".

Sorry Mike.  You have a book coming out.  [and I'm sorry about that too but...]  YOU have work to do...re:  credibility.  It ain't artificial.  YOU made your bed.  Wake up and live.

I try Cam.  I fail.

Hug Hello Thumbs Up w00t! Kiss Bow Happy Dance Love Rock! High Five Pirate.  Good one, Lee.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:56 PM »

Thank you Mike for helping to write All This Is That, Be Here In The Mornin, Dance Dance Dance, Add Some Music, All I Wanna Do, All Summer Long, Aren't You Glad, Be True To Your School, California Girls, Catch a Wave, Cool Cool Water, Country Air, Custom Machine, Darlin, Do It Again, Don't Back Down, Don't Hurt My Little Sister, Fun Fun Fun, Good To My Baby, Good Vibrations, Hawaii, Help Me Rhonda, Here Comes The Night, I Get Around, I'm Waiting For The Day, In The Back Of My Mind, It's OK, Kiss Me Baby, Let Him Run Wild, Let The Wind Blow, Let Us Go on This Way, Little Honda, Little Saint Nick, Meant For You, Please Let Me Wonder, She Knows Me Too Well, Surfin, Surfin Safari, That Same Song, The Warmth Of The Sun, Wendy, When I Grow Up, Wild Honey, You're So Good To Me, 409, Funky Pretty, I Know There's An Answer, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Somewhere Near Japan, Only With You, Sounds Of Free, Big Sur, Don't Go Near The Water, It's A Beautiful Day, Make It Big, Getcha Back, Lahaina Aloha, Still Surfin, Leaving This Town, and many other wonderful songs.

Thanks also for writing Summer Of Love, because it makes me laugh pretty hard every summer.

Yep...Thanks for THAT too.

[there is the PLUS side]

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »

I try Cam.  I fail.

Your heart's in the right place though, pal o' mine.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »

Anyone else think Lana is really Mike Love?  Cheesy

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

Anyone else think Lana is really Mike Love?  Cheesy

Ive suspected a few posters of that by now...

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »

Thank you Mike Love for free range chicken and salted caramel gelato.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2015, 12:44:45 AM »

There is so much hate for Mike on this forum, the guy is a bit of a dick but I can't understand the genuine hatred for him.

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 04:00:20 AM »

Thank You Mike Love for Mike Love
KDS
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 05:27:37 AM »

There is so much hate for Mike on this forum, the guy is a bit of a dick but I can't understand the genuine hatred for him.

AMEN!!! 

I've never seen a member of a beloved band so hated by its core fans.........well maybe Sammy Hagar by some Van Halen fans.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx