gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:02:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank You Mike Love  (Read 16795 times)
Lana
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »

Thank you Mike Love!

Has anyone stopped to thank Mike Love?

Deciding to breech the Beach Boys is the gift he gave the world. IF ML didn’t decide he wanted to have a stage of his own, we never ever would have gotten this gift from Brian Wilson.  Thank you so MUCH for being Mike Love!

If Mike Love didn’t decide to go his own way, we wouldn’t have this amazing foray into other musical places and unusual collaborations. The album would have been great, but a similar sound that we’ve already had. Now we have female vocals, and ones specifically chosen for the music BDW had imagined. If Mike Love hadn’t been Mike Love, we’d have had more of Mike Love’s mediocre nasals. Thank you Mike Love!

Mike Love has gone with the Bleach Boys. I saw the Bleach boys (several times!) last year and he had some sort of pole dancer appear on stage half way through their short set of overplayed hits.  A snake charmer shook her boobs at us and tried to make us think there was something magic in the air.  Help me somebody. The show was a one hour money grab. Never go to see these shows. Passionless and cold. I can sit at home and sing Help me Rhonda into my pina colada.

With BDW’s new album we get a real taste of what can happen when you shed your old skin and wiggle into something unfamiliar. I apologize to the really hard core BB fans, but the same BB songs, ech. There is that stock of songs that are played too much. I am thankful for Brian’s ability to trust himself. People around Brian Wilson, let him eat his chocolate doughnut if it helps him feel grounded.  We do not have very many prophets in modern day. BDW reminds us of our own mortality. His ability to make music we pray along with is made abundantly clear with This Beautiful Day, Whatever Happened, Tell Me Why, One Kind of Love, and Last Song. Do your walk though every day BDW, because we need you. You need us too. We are the water that will keep you buoyant.

Brian Wilson’s new album is like reading a new novel from your favorite author. Turn each page slowly, like a butterfly’s wing, becasue you can’t believe it is real!  We all want to take Brain home. We want to make him all comfy on the couch and eat potato chips and watch some TV. He is the soundtrack of our lives, he is undeniably a part of our human existence. And, here all of a sudden, we get more. Does anyone else want to just sit in your room and cry thinking about that we have  more? Hasn’t it been enough already? 50 years of incredible melodies and now, again, on a silver platter, more. Thank you again Mike Love, for staying away..

Which brings me to my next point: recently BDW listed his favorite BB tunes. He was so generous with his praise for Mike Love, and this surprised me. Brian Wilson could make incredible melodies with a garden slug. BDW is so humble and honest that he can give credit to this person. People helping BDW: tell him to STAY AWAY!! See that light at the end of the tunnel? That is a flaming sh*t ball, your cousin Mike Love. Do not walk toward that. He is a man who was in the right place at the right time. History will never remember him as anything but. He has destroyed history once, thank you Mike Love for walking away. Now stay where you are and let history unfold as it should have 50 years ago. We desperately need Brian Wilson today. We need his guidance, his vision and his voice. He speaks for an entire generation of human beings. We need songs that we can pray with, songs that make us feel our humanity. 

BDW NEVER needs to tour with the Bleach Boys, ever again. He has the BDW band, just keep them BDW and feel the love for YOU. Keep it for you, nourish yourself BDW, because you are our voice, our conscience and our prophet.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »

Ever get the feeling that some people take their fandom to disturbing extremes?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:33:02 AM »

Deciding to breech the Beach Boys is the gift he gave the world. IF ML didn’t decide he wanted to have a stage of his own, we never ever would have gotten this gift from Brian Wilson.  Thank you so MUCH for being Mike Love!

- curious.  also true.
KDS
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:35:50 AM »

Just curious, when you mention overplayed BB songs.......Have you seen Brian's setlist over the past two years or so? 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:43:14 AM »

Welcome Lana!  LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:44:18 AM »

A huge thank YOU, Lana, for the deep belly laugh your debut post afforded me.  Grin

Oh... wait...

You're serious ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »

Now, that is a good example of a "backhanded compliment."

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 09:46:51 AM »

Nah, it's a good example of some not being anything like as clever as they think they are.  Cheesy

VanDykeParksAndRec
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 11:16:08 AM »

Thanks Mike Love for inspiring this thread.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:17:10 AM by VanDykeParksAndRec » Logged
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

Nah, it's a good example of some not being anything like as clever as they think they are.  Cheesy

Give her a break! Don't be mean and nasty until at least her 10th post
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »

Thanks Mike Love for inspiring this group.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »

Give her a break! Don't be mean and nasty until at least her 10th post

At my age, I can't afford to wait that long !

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 12:06:21 PM »

Thanks Mike Love for World Peace
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »

Newbies who pull out all the stops in their first post have a habit of quitting early on. Let's hope Lana is an exception. Cool Guy

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

I'm often mystified at the reason for some posts here (or the reasoning behind them).  This is one of those times.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »

Newbies who pull out all the stops in their first post have a habit of quitting early on. Let's hope Lana is an exception. Cool Guy

Yes, it would be excellent if she stayed around for a LONG time. Hey Lana, don't let the "belly laugher" let you get side tracked in the least. Totally ignore him, let him worry about that belly Shocked and keep on keepin' on! You rock!!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »

Lana's second post:

Blondie Chaplin is an attention seeking, shameless Sewer Rat

Attended one of the shows last week on this No Pier Pressure Tour, with a super cool Rodriquez opening. His vocals were crystal clear, as was his message: Don’t waste time on hatred. And while I agree with that, I wonder if anyone else thought Blondie Chaplin acted like a spoiled child on this tour..

Blondie Chaplin came out for his few songs. Sail Away, Wild Honey, Sail On Sailor. He totally overplayed his guitar solos, not wanting to step out of the spotlight. So embarrassing. Then, he had nothing to do. For the remainder of the show he was a persistent disturbance, wandering around the stage like a spoiled child. It appeared that he was trying to get people to notice him. I felt embarrassed for him. He stole a tambourine and a shaker from the percussionists which he shook as loudly as he could when everyone else had stopped, seeking attention. He wandered behind the stage, only his head bobbing out from behind the percussionist police and peered out like a gremlin. He was incredibly distracting to the point of being disrespectful. At the show’s end he tried to bask in a little bit of the love that was pouring out for BDW and the BDW band, who are there to support BDW. The applause actually died down when he stepped out.

At the after show event he appeared drunk, belching even. He was discussing the fact that his amplifier had been switched off! So possibly someone backstage also thought he was overdoing the role he was hired for.

Caught like a sewer rat, alone, but he sailed.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

Just curious, when you mention overplayed BB songs.......Have you seen Brian's setlist over the past two years or so? 
word
KDS
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »

Lana's second post:

Blondie Chaplin is an attention seeking, shameless Sewer Rat

Attended one of the shows last week on this No Pier Pressure Tour, with a super cool Rodriquez opening. His vocals were crystal clear, as was his message: Don’t waste time on hatred. And while I agree with that, I wonder if anyone else thought Blondie Chaplin acted like a spoiled child on this tour..

Blondie Chaplin came out for his few songs. Sail Away, Wild Honey, Sail On Sailor. He totally overplayed his guitar solos, not wanting to step out of the spotlight. So embarrassing. Then, he had nothing to do. For the remainder of the show he was a persistent disturbance, wandering around the stage like a spoiled child. It appeared that he was trying to get people to notice him. I felt embarrassed for him. He stole a tambourine and a shaker from the percussionists which he shook as loudly as he could when everyone else had stopped, seeking attention. He wandered behind the stage, only his head bobbing out from behind the percussionist police and peered out like a gremlin. He was incredibly distracting to the point of being disrespectful. At the show’s end he tried to bask in a little bit of the love that was pouring out for BDW and the BDW band, who are there to support BDW. The applause actually died down when he stepped out.

At the after show event he appeared drunk, belching even. He was discussing the fact that his amplifier had been switched off! So possibly someone backstage also thought he was overdoing the role he was hired for.

Caught like a sewer rat, alone, but he sailed.

She liked the message of "don't waste your time on hatred" but has started two threads today putting down Mike Love and Blondie Chaplin. 

OK. 
KDS
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

word

Granted, the songs are classics, and if Brian wants to play them, its his choice.  But you can't criticize Mike for one thing, and praise Brian for doing the same exact thing. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »

I'm often mystified at the reason for some posts here (or the reasoning behind them).  This is one of those times.

I'm entirely mystified at the reason for some of the posters here (or their "reasoning"). All the time.  Grin

Toursiveu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

We desperately need Brian Wilson today. We need his guidance, his vision and his voice. He speaks for an entire generation of human beings. We need songs that we can pray with, songs that make us feel our humanity. 

You realize that it's because of statements like that that Brian got scared and started to feel the pressure in the first place, right? It's because of this quasi-religious faith in the talent of artists that they don't even want to work anymore. Bob Dylan is the perfect example. He was called a Messiah and a prophet and he understood that he had to get away from it all, for a few years... We don't NEED Brian's vision or his voice, we're just PRIVILEGED and LUCKY to have them in our lives. Brian doesn't speak for an entire nation of human beings, don't ever tell him that! It's the best way to make him freak out!... Brian's just a musician who happens to have been blessed with genius. But he's not a piece of you or a spiritual leader. Let the man do whatever it is he wants to do. If he wants to sing "Smart Girls" in concert or be a coach potato for the rest of his life, that's okay with me. Brian doesn't owe the world anything!... And if good old Mike Love is happy to put on a good show that reminds him of the past and make tons of money doing so, let him...  
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Thank you Mike Love for fluffy kittens
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

I thank him everytime I listen to Wild Honey and Sunflower

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

We desperately need Brian Wilson today. We need his guidance, his vision and his voice. He speaks for an entire generation of human beings. We need songs that we can pray with, songs that make us feel our humanity. 

You realize that it's because of statements like that that Brian got scared and started to feel the pressure in the first place, right? It's because of this quasi-religious faith in the talent of artists that they don't even want to work anymore. Bob Dylan is the perfect example. He was called a Messiah and a prophet and he understood that he had to get away from it all, for a few years... We don't NEED Brian's vision or his voice, we're just PRIVILEGED and LUCKY to have them in our lives. Brian doesn't speak for an entire nation of human beings, don't ever tell him that! It's the best way to make him freak out!... Brian's just a musician who happens to have been blessed with genius. But he's not a piece of you or a spiritual leader. Let the man do whatever it is he wants to do. If he wants to sing "Smart Girls" in concert or be a coach potato for the rest of his life, that's okay with me. Brian doesn't owe the world anything!... And if good old Mike Love is happy to put on a good show that reminds him of the past and make tons of money doing so, let him...  

I mentally do this  Roll Eyes whenever I read someone say they love Brian Wilson. You love some dude you don't actually know because he makes music you really like? And now he's a prophet who 'speaks for an entire generation of human beings'? Is that what all those mediocre songs on NPP were doing? People who have some fantasy fixation on One Direction have an excuse in that they are about 12 years old - what's Lana's excuse?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx