gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:53:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fifty Beach Boy Tunes Invade Billboard Top 100  (Read 7184 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:39 AM »

and #82 is "Here's To The Good Times".

- 95 is still "Fifty Big Ones"

Yep, I have just looked again - So it's No 95 on The Billboard Top 200 AND No 82 on The Top Album Sales , call me a stupid Brit ( or whatever ) but please explain what the bloody difference is between the different charts  Undecided

200 is total sales, including downloads: album sales is purely physical sales. Simples !

AHHHHH, Cheers AGD - Thought it might have something to do with purchasing modern formats of a product  LOL

Rob, I feel I need to apologise. My post was on topic, contained useful, accurate information and wasn't a mindless diatribe aimed at any given group member. Really, what kind of fan am I ?  Shocked

I love it AGD, I say I Love It - Your answer encapsulated information to the highest echelon of utter fandom  LOL

Now to download sh*t loads of copies from Amazon.com to get it higher up the Chart ( NOT )
ruskalupagus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »

I'd noticed around the time Love And Mercy came out my local used CD store had plenty of Brian Wilson solo albums. I went there yesterday to pick up his Pet Sounds live album and every single one of his CDs had been sold! Now I wish I'd picked that one up earlier!!
KDS
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »

I'd noticed around the time Love And Mercy came out my local used CD store had plenty of Brian Wilson solo albums. I went there yesterday to pick up his Pet Sounds live album and every single one of his CDs had been sold! Now I wish I'd picked that one up earlier!!

I just completed my Brian Wilson CD collection with Pet Sounds live.  I got the Japanese version with Meant for You and Friends as bonus tracks off Discogs. 

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »

Interesting that 50 Big Ones comes out of nowhere to appear on the top 200.  I wonder if they are also including Greatest Hits (with the same cover) in these sales?  It has been hovering in the top 30 for iTunes.  50 Big Ones however is ranked ~1,400 on Amazon. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »

Doesn't a BBs' comp break into the Top 100 nearly every Summer?

Bellagio 10452 is your friend, young Cameron.

Mea culpa, old pal. Let's say the Top 200 then.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »

I'd be more impressed if NPP was back in the top 100.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »

I'd be more impressed if NPP was back in the top 100.

For what it's worth, NPP was hovering all over the Amazon top 100 for the last couple months, but I don't believe it ever made it back into the Billboard 100.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »

Timeless music, it will always sell.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »

forever
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »

200 is total sales, including downloads ...

To get more specific, in addition to physical sales and digital album downloads, these days the Billboard 200 ranking now includes digital album track downloads as well as on-demand audio subscription streaming. With digital track downloads, 10 album tracks equals one album sale, and 1500 song streams from an album is equivalent to one album sale.

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

On to NPP, how many weeks was it on the BB 200, and how high did it chart?

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 10:13:46 PM »

On to NPP, how many weeks was it on the BB 200, and how high did it chart?

good question
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »

Amongst other odd nooks, crannies and the like, Bellagio 10452 contains a week by week listing of the chart position of every BB release - group and solo - that bothered the US and UK chart compilers to date.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »

200 is total sales, including downloads ...

To get more specific, in addition to physical sales and digital album downloads, these days the Billboard 200 ranking now includes digital album track downloads as well as on-demand audio subscription streaming. With digital track downloads, 10 album tracks equals one album sale, and 1500 song streams from an album is equivalent to one album sale.

Excellent clarification. You must be ashamed of yourself.  Smiley

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »

perhaps.
UK+ 8 dates began May 27.
"Sounds Of Summer" re-entered June 4.
movie released June 5.

- prolly both gave SOS a push

There was no Billboard chart for 6/4/15. SOS re-entered the Top 200 at #181 on the chart for the week of 6/13/15.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2015, 03:40:15 AM »

I believe its worth buying '50 Big Ones' JUST for the mix of Darlin'  (and the single mix of 'Isn't It Time')

By the way its at No 82 on the chart
Hi Rob, except that this Darlin' mix has the missing "Arlin'" that was later corrected on Made In California.

And the single mix of "Isn't It Time" is ALSO available on aforementioned MIC box set! Along with lots of other goodies! (hint, hint)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2015, 03:42:30 AM »

Shame about the sessionography (hint, hint...)  Roll Eyes

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »

"There was no Billboard chart for 6/4/15. SOS re-entered the Top 200 at #181 on the chart for the week of 6/13/15."

there was no Billboard chart for 6/13/15.  Billboard publishes 7AM eastern standard time on Thursday.  each Thursday. no other day.

as an example, the current "Aug 1" chart was published yesterday, July 23, at 7AM.

the chart which you quote, 6/13/15, was published June 4-15, prior to the movie's release.

- cheers

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

According to the Billboard website, there is indeed a chart for the week 6/13/15.  Grin

Further, the sales figures for any given chart are tracked the week ending the Thursday prior to the Tuesday the chart is actually published. Ergo a chart published 6/2/15 reflects sales of week ending 5/28/15.

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »

again, as an example, the current "Aug 1" chart was published yesterday, July 23, at 7AM.

the chart which you quote, 6/13/15, was published June 4-15, prior to the movie's release.

the chart for the week 6/13/15 (and all Billboard 200 charts) are compiled AND published
9  days prior to the date appearing on the chart header.

- a puzzle for sure, but there it is !
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »

Amongst other odd nooks, crannies and the like, Bellagio 10452 contains a week by week listing of the chart position of every BB release - group and solo - that bothered the US and UK chart compilers to date.

Woah, I'd totally forgotten about Bellagio 10452's chart listings.  I do recall NPP had debuted at #28, but a bummer to see that it lasted only one more week on the Billboard 200 album chart, at #128.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

Woah, I'd totally forgotten about Bellagio 10452's chart listings.  I do recall NPP had debuted at #28, but a bummer to see that it lasted only one more week on the Billboard 200 album chart, at #128.

For what it's worth, NPP would have debuted at #16 under the old format.  Not sure after that. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2015, 11:13:09 PM »

For what it's worth, NPP would have debuted at #16 under the old format.  Not sure after that. 
So even with the movie tie-in, the young guest artists, various tv performances, they could not sell many copies of this album. The suits should just leave Brian alone, and let him make the kind of album he wants to make - a rock 'n' roll album. There's no gimmick that's gonna have Brian Wilson Goin' Platinum at this stage.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 04:36:33 AM »

... except maybe A ROCK AND ROLL ALBUM!
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 07:42:33 AM »

But how well was it really promoted.  It seemed a no-brainer to release GYHTBT as a single and try to get Kacey to do some guest appearances on that (schedules permitting).  What singles were actually released?  What was played on the radio?  Seems a shame as there was a lot of great stuff on it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx