gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:58:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NY Observer: 'Beyond the Life of Brian: The Myth of the ‘Lesser’ Beach Boys'  (Read 32227 times)
KDS
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2015, 09:10:53 AM »

Ang, Brian is the Beach Boys. It will happen.

That's what you want. It isn't what I want. And for the time being at least it doesn't seem to be what Brian wants.

If the powers that be are reading, I feel it's important to state this is not the opinion of the majority of the board.

Please reunite.

Both camps seem to be pretty content, so I'm OK with the current arrangement.  I really enjoyed NPP, and I doubt Mike and Bruce would've been on board for an album like that. 

I saw the C50 in person, and it was incredible.  What I really want is a decent live release.  Not a 21 song DVD or a heavily autotuned, and still incomplete, live CD. 
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2015, 09:41:43 AM »

fair dinkum, startBBtoday, but to which of the different opinions are you speaking ?
you quote both.

i edited both C50 DVD's together, KDS, and it is almost acceptable. It requires many
cuts and edits though.

- cheers
KDS
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »

fair dinkum, startBBtoday, but to which of the different opinions are you speaking ?
you quote both.

i edited both C50 DVD's together, KDS, and it is almost acceptable. It requires many
cuts and edits though.

- cheers

Which C50 DVDs? 

I know there's the concert DVD with 21 songs.  Doin It Again has, if I remember right, five live songs.  There's also one called Back Again, which I got off Amazon, that was either a very professional looking bootleg or a poor import that had 33 songs from a Japanese show. 

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »

That's what you want. It isn't what I want. And for the time being at least it doesn't seem to be what Brian wants.

If the powers that be are reading, I feel it's important to state this is not the opinion of the majority of the board.

Please reunite.

You are speaking for the majority? You KNOW that, do you? And what about those who don't post on this MB but do post on other boards or not at all?

Even if the majority of BB and Brian Wilson fans would like a reunion, this isn't a democratic process. It's up to those who were original Beach Boys. And if any of them don't like it, that is their decision.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:12:27 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »

it was C50 and Doin' It Again, KDS.  It really does work !

- you get lot's of songs, and lots of commentary from the principals !
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »

Even if the majority of BB and Brian Wilson fans would like a reunion, this isn't a democratic process. It's up to those who were original Beach Boys. And if any of them don't like it, that is their decision.

Funny how none of the Brianistas took this line of reasoning when Mike 'fired' Brian and Al.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

Please reunite.

You are speaking for the majority? You KNOW that, do you? And what about those who don't post on this MB but do post on other boards or not at all?

No need to get your shorts in a knot, not gonna happen anyway.

That said, if you canvassed the BB bboards, the most likely outcome would be a wish to see a full reunion in 2016, for the obvious reasons: outside of The Bloo (and even there...) your oft expressed view that what's best for Brian is that he has nothing whatsoever to do with his former bandmates - that is, 2012 excluded, precisely what he's been doing since 1996 anyway - is distinctly a minority opinion.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
KDS
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »

it was C50 and Doin' It Again, KDS.  It really does work !

- you get lot's of songs, and lots of commentary from the principals !

By my count, that's only about 27 songs with commentary. 

I do enjoy the Doin It Again doc.  But I haven't bought the official C50 DVD or BluRay yet. 

You're still missing Please Let Me Wonder, Kiss Me Baby, Add Some Music, IJWMFTT, and so many other gems that were done.  I'm hoping one day, likely after the Beach Boys are no longer touring, they'll release a full DVD. 
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »

yes, the edit is 27 tunes + plenty of commentary.  There is missing material as you note, KDS,
but it was making the best of a bad lot !

that Back Again from Japan would add (i think) to the mix, and might better replicate C50.
KDS
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »

yes, the edit is 27 tunes + plenty of commentary.  There is missing material as you note, KDS,
but it was making the best of a bad lot !

that Back Again from Japan would add (i think) to the mix, and might better replicate C50.

True.  I'm waiting for the C50 DVD until I can get it super cheap (or as a gift).  It's a total cash grab but, unfortunately, it's the best pro-shot document of the C50 tour out there.  Heck, the DVD of the Knebworth show from 1980 is more complete. 

OK, done my rant.  The rant about the lack of a complete C50 concert is almost as tiring as the posts about how the C50 ended. 

Anyway, hoping Brian does a full concert DVD from one of the NPP shows. 
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »

ditto
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »

Please reunite.

That said, if you canvassed the BB bboards, the most likely outcome would be a wish to see a full reunion in 2016, for the obvious reasons: outside of The Bloo (and even there...) your oft expressed view that what's best for Brian is that he has nothing whatsoever to do with his former bandmates - that is, 2012 excluded, precisely what he's been doing since 1996 anyway - is distinctly a minority opinion.

My opinion isn't important. The opinions of the original Beach Boys are what counts. If the minority includes Brian then it won't happen. If it doesn't include Brian, then it may.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »

Please reunite.

My opinion isn't important. The opinions of the original Beach Boys are what counts. If the minority includes Brian then it won't happen. If it doesn't include Brian, then it may.
You're right, but that is not how I was reading your previous posts. If that is what you meant, then you need to write clearer thoughts. I only know what you write, not always what you mean.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.