gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:14:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian will be a featured topic on CBS Sunday Morning News today  (Read 8973 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 11:42:29 PM »

According to Brian, Mike and the band didn't like Pet Sounds. Who always had Brian's back? Dennis and Carl?
I'm tired of hearing that the Beach Boys didn't like Pet Sounds. Maybe one or two of the guys didn't love the music when it was being made, but those opinions did not reflect those of the entire group.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »

According to Brian, Mike and the band didn't like Pet Sounds. Who always had Brian's back? Dennis and Carl?
I'm tired of hearing that the Beach Boys didn't like Pet Sounds. Maybe one or two of the guys didn't love the music when it was being made, but those opinions did not reflect those of the entire group.

I don't think Brian comes out with that maliciously… I think he gives interviewers what he thinks they want. He does it to please. My theory, is all…

“We live in divisive times.”
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 07:20:47 AM »

Hate to say it, but....Melinda hasn't looked well the last few years, and in the interview she sounded...terrible. I dunno, maybe she had an off day or something...just hope nothing's wrong...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:05 AM »

Classic Brian ending: "Good interview."

But it was!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:53 AM »

Hate to say it, but....Melinda hasn't looked well the last few years, and in the interview she sounded...terrible. I dunno, maybe she had an off day or something...just hope nothing's wrong...

I noticed that too (particularly when they were on The View), but I think it might just be her voice. It's a little shakier than it used to be, which sometimes comes with age. I don't know that I've seen her interviewed since BWPS, and that was 10 years ago. it's probably not fair for us to speculate and certainly none of our business, but I, too, hope all is well.
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 09:14:48 AM »

Melinda remarks near the end "people say he's passive (Brian), but he's not he's strong"

at the moment she says 'passive' Brian sitting next to her closes his eyes
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 09:19:25 AM »

...which just goes to show that despite the naysayers who insist that Brian keeps doing all this stuff against his will...what Melinda said and past experience has proven that if Brian truly doesn't want to do something, he will not.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »

...which just goes to show that despite the naysayers who insist that Brian keeps doing all this stuff against his will...what Melinda said and past experience has proven that if Brian truly doesn't want to do something, he will not.

Exactly.

And for those saying that Melinda sounded shaky, well, to me she sounded emotional. That period obviously brings up painful memories for the both of them.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

In every interview she's been a part of recently, her voice has been extremely shaky for some reason. I doubt it's nerves but it's very noticeable.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:43 AM »

As for it being none of our business...I totally agree, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't care. (It really wasn't any of our business that Carl had cancer, either, but we sure as hell cared.)

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »

I think she looks normal for a woman her age.

As for her voice shaking, I think she was just getting choked up.  It's obviously a very emotional subject.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:36:21 AM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 11:32:29 AM »

She seems pretty comparable to other people her age. That said, it's almost unthinkable that in the not-too-distant future, one or the other of them could become legitimately infirm. Brian would need to rely on others to care for an ailing Melinda, and who would then care for him is a question I'd rather not consider.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 11:37:11 AM »

well as long as she's healthy that's all that matters,,,
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 12:03:54 PM »

I think we should lay off of Melinda and any of the other spouses. Melinda seems like a normal involved and concerned wife of her age.

I just said we should off, and then I didn't, so I'll start now.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »

I think she looks normal for a woman her age.

As for her voice shaking, I think she was just getting choked up.  It's obviously a very emotional subject.

Right on.

And I completely agree with Cam.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 01:04:14 PM »

I don't think Brian comes out with that maliciously… I think he gives interviewers what he thinks they want. He does it to please. My theory, is all…
It's still wrong. When did Carl or Dennis do anything about support him?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »

Don't know about Dennis, but Carl wasn't that supportive of him in 1995, or otherwise we'd have had the Wilson/Paley stuff out, or the original planned Pet Sounds tour in the 90s.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »

It's still wrong. When did Carl or Dennis do anything about support him?

I didn't say whether I thought if was wrong or right but I don't presume to tell Brian Wilson what to think or say.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:11:13 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »

hello guitarfool2002, you are correct sir, about the controller discussion being a losing hand.
but that is not what it is about, albeit the word controller was used.
and hello Billyman and rab2951 and marcusb, it also is not about being controlled,
or was/is controlled, or had control of him.

but the point is, it is something which Brian requires/wants/needs.  There is no nefarious inference,
although a person in control COULD do harm.

rather, the need that Brian has for a controller is urgent and ever present.  Brian stated the fact plainly
in his favourite album when he sang "I need God as my guide".

God would be his top guide, or controller, with the mortal ones amongst that "5M" list earlier.
it does not belittle Brian, but rather shows how great he is that he can recognize what he needs,
state it, and get it !

I sincerely hope that this is not "trolling", Billyman.  is it?
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »

hello guitarfool2002, you are correct sir, about the controller discussion being a losing hand.
and hello Billyman and rab2951 and marcusb, it also is not about being controlled,

but the point is, it is something which Brian requires/wants/needs.  There is no nefarious inference,

rather, the need that Brian has for a controller is urgent and ever present.  Brian stated the fact plainly

God would be his top guide, or controller, with the mortal ones amongst that "5M" list earlier.
it does not belittle Brian, but rather shows how great he is that he can recognize what he needs,
state it, and get it !

I sincerely hope that this is not "trolling", Billyman.  is it?

can't wait, I think you have to realize that the issue of Brian's "controllers" has been a very heated topic around here. There have been those who claimed that Brian is little more than a burned out idiot who is just the puppet of those behind him. The words "controller" "handlers" "wifeandmanagers" and "Me-Landy" will stir up a strong reaction with those of us who don't agree with that assessment. The word "controlled" is a hot potato, and I think in your case, just a poor choice of terms.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're saying that Brian has always needed an outside force to push him a bit. That maybe Brian's not as much of a self starter. In the early days Murry provided the push, followed by a string of others including Mike, Landy and Melinda.  I think there's some truth to that point. In fact, I would suggest that his obsession with besting The Beatles and Phil Spector also served that purpose.  But, ultimately, I think Brian winds up doing what Brian wants to do. He's not "controlled" as much as motivated from the outside.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:46:01 PM by Cyncie » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 11:40:29 PM »

but the point is, it is something which Brian requires/wants/needs.  There is no nefarious inference,

rather, the need that Brian has for a controller is urgent and ever present.  Brian stated the fact plainly

state it, and get it !

I sincerely hope that this is not "trolling", Billyman.  is it?

Depends. Do you honestly not know what it means to say someone is a 'controller'?  Do you really not know why people are getting upset that you are comparing Melinda to a evil motherfucker like Landy, who was basically slowly killing Brian in order to be the beneficiary of Brian's will after his death?!

I sincerely hope you are just choosing the wrong words, and actually just mean what Cyncie above me suggested, that you are inferring the Brian needs someone to motivate him from time to time.  However, the fact that you put a 'M' in front of Landy (basically saying Melinda and Landy are one and the same) leads me to believe that isn't the case. If you are indeed accusing Melinda of being exactly like Landy, well...best I can suggest to you is to make sure you have irrefutable proof. Otherwise, it can count as libel, and lawsuits  have been won with shakier ground than this. All it would take is one phone call. I suggest you tread lightly.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 12:21:42 AM »

If Brian was being controlled, he would be a lot thinner.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 01:18:25 AM »

Yup.

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 04:57:16 AM »

thanks Cyncie, Billyman, and Wirestone; you are very generous to offer a defence of
a poor choice of terms and choosing the wrong words.  You are correct.  And Cyncie,
your explanation of needing an outside force is the best explanation of this phenomena.
In fact, the way you put it, it is something we all need; it's that Brian wears the need on
his sleeve so openly.  one of Brian's incredible powers is he shows us that the outside
force is there to help push him, and he subsequently presses on and perseveres !

- we are so fortunate
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »

Ok cool...glad that's what it was.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx