gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:54:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hawthorne Sunset - New Beach Boys edit  (Read 20359 times)
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 06:35:50 AM »

That was a pretty sweet way to spend an hour. Fantastic work.

In Awake, I was hoping for the outro from the American Spring recording to be grafted onto the end... Evil
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:37:49 AM by send me a picture and i'll tell you » Logged

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »

That was a pretty sweet way to spend an hour. Fantastic work.

In Awake, I was hoping for the outro from the American Spring recording to be grafted onto the end... Evil

Nifty idea! I thought about it but objectively I don't really like American spring.

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 08:52:04 PM »

Came late to this party but wow this is really something! And I agree, that intro is simply fantastic!

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 08:38:38 AM »

I'll be honest- I'm not a fan of the intro.  I guess I'm wary of fan montages like this intro.  Editing is mostly great, but falls short when it tries to ape Atticus Ross' climax in "Black Hole."  The rest of this dream album is pretty amazing.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »

I'll be honest- I'm not a fan of the intro.  I guess I'm wary of fan montages like this intro.  Editing is mostly great, but falls short when it tries to ape Atticus Ross' climax in "Black Hole."  The rest of this dream album is pretty amazing.

I made the intro before Atticus Ross did Black Hole...then left it on the shelf for about a year. Just a coincidence he had the same idea! I probably would have also added studio chatter in if I were to copy him...I LOVE the "grass and power mower" line from the movie version of black hole.

Glad you liked the rest!

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx