gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:52:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Fleetwood Mac/BB connection  (Read 10641 times)
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 08:49:23 AM »

Ed, I love that photo you had of the Beach Boys with Christine sitting on Carl's lap.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »

Here's one for ya...November 2004, I'm in L.A. at the Walt Disney Theatre performance of BWPS (second night) with Eric Anniversario. Our seats were on the upper tier, and from there we could see both Lindsey Buckingham and Van Dyke Parks enter below and take their seats in the first few rows (after the show, we also spotted both Danny Hutton and Wendy Wilson, but that's beside the point). Intermission comes, and I have to take a leak. I head to the upstairs men's room, and am confronted with a long-ass line. Desiring to use the head (and stealthily change the tape in my digital recorder) in time to make it back for the second set, I descend down one level, easily slipping past the red velvet rope designed to stop me from doing so. I find the men's room there, and out walks LB. No one else around, just me and him. I call out "Lindsey!", and blurted out my praise and admiration for him. He stops, shakes my hand, and we have a nice chat for a minute or so. Told him how I had just seen FM in Omaha the previous year (to which he looked shocked) and what a great show I thought it was (I'd also been fortunate enough to have seen them with Christine in '97). He said thanks, and then said "Isn't it great to see Brian in this place?" I readily agreed, and off we went - him to his seat, me to the john (which, coincidentally or not, was fragrantly filled with the sweet smell of recently-smoked herbs). It was then I realized that the tape recorder, still hidden in my pocket, had captured our entire conversation! A nice keepsake of a chance encounter with one of my idols. I only wish I'd thought to ask him about the session for "He Couldn't Get His Poor Old Body To Move"! 

I've always wanted to meet Lindsey Buckingham.  Nice.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
hongkongcrowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »

Fantastic thread - love LB; his song All My Sorrows is completely Brian-influenced and would appear on any playlist called 'Sounds Like the Beach Boys'
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

I have read Fleetwood bios where it appears that the rest of the group excepting Christine got pretty annoyed with Dennis as he was viewed as a bit of a hanger on, nuisance wild-man and some felt he was sponging off of her by that point in time.  His "charm", such that it was at that point, apparently wore thin pretty fast with FM group members who were not in love with him....
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 10:14:09 AM »

I have read Fleetwood bios where it appears that the rest of the group excepting Christine got pretty annoyed with Dennis as he was viewed as a bit of a hanger on, nuisance wild-man and some felt he was sponging off of her by that point in time.  His "charm", such that it was at that point, apparently wore thin pretty fast with FM group members who were not in love with him....

Think you only have to listen to some of Lindsey's stuff to know that isn't completely true.

The problems mainly stemmed from, shall we say, his 'flirtatious' nature with the wives and the other singer in the band...
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »

I recently hipped Stevie Nicks to the BW "Stevie" track and she was amazed that Brian had even noticed her, let alone wrote and recorded a song about her.
She asked me about three times if I was mixing him up with Dennis. She then related a story about catching Dennis in a tree watching her through a window. . . . . . . . .
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »

I recently hipped Stevie Nicks to the BW "Stevie" track and she was amazed that Brian had even noticed her, let alone wrote and recorded a song about her.
She asked me about three times if I was mixing him up with Dennis. She then related a story about catching Dennis in a tree watching her through a window. . . . . . . . .

That's my boy!!!  Kind of unrelated, but one time we were driving up Malibu in his Rolls with the top down.  He turned right up a small canyon road, (probably because we couldn't get the joint rolled), and there was Katherine Ross, stark naked, watering her lawn!  Dennis shut the car off, and we both just sat there, gaping at her, until she turned the hose on us....

Yeah, Brian probably never said more than 2 words to Stevie; he just stare at her, kind of like we stared at Katherine Ross!  (Probably was picturing her naked!)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »

Howie or Jon need to collab with Ed on a book! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx