gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:13:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'I Thank You' music video  (Read 2021 times)
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »

Hi guys. Here's something I think you'll dig, it's a recent project by my band, Surf School Dropouts.

We took a cool original song by a fellow Danish band, the Beatophonics, and turned it into something Brian or Phil Spector could have worked up in LA in '66 along with the wrecking crew. Very pleased how this one turned out. The video was filmed in our rehearsal space last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Psk3qyLiHw

If you'd like to compare our version with the original by the Beatophonics, you can see their video here. It's really cool but in a more stripped-down Beatles/Merseybeat vein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9WSPUNr-Ms

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »

The melody sounds a bit like Costello's "Veronica" - But.  More importantly, this is the Best song I've heard by your band.  Think this is the first time commenting on one of your tracks, but I do listen to everything you post.

-Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

Forgot to say...  My favorite track on the 2012 record was "Glad You Decided to Stay"-

Followed by "The Road Ahead of Me"  "Follow the Sun"  and all of the interludes!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:29:50 PM by zatch » Logged
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 02:18:04 PM »

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think both the cover and the video turned out really well.

And feelflows, glad to know you also like some of our own songs.  Grin Regarding 'Glad You Decided to Stay' which closed our first album; have you heard 'Ebb & Flow' which closed our second album? If not, you might also dig this song as it has a similar feel:

https://surfschooldropouts.bandcamp.com/track/ebb-flow-2

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx