gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:44:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who played who the best?  (Read 1946 times)
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »

Out of the 3 BB films, each actor had a unique approach to the the character they played. So, let's list the people in the BB story, and give our reasons to why we chose that actor.

Murry Wilson:

Personally, I thought the L&M portrayal of Murry was too douchey. I mean, was he really that bad? I like Kevin Dunn's portrayal in American Family. He was angry and a jerk, but he really did love his kids, and that's how I always envisioned Murry.

Carl Wilson:

Tough decision. In American Family, the actor really shows Carl's compassion and leadership qualities. I liked the actor in L&M, if only he had some more lines.

KDS
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »

I've always liked Kevin Dunn as an actor.  I think he and Alley Mills did very well in American Family. 

Even though he had a much smaller role in L&M, I thought the actor who played Dennis in American Family was also quite good.   
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »

I think the best Murry was the one in Summer Dreams
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »

Dennis from "Summer Dreams" was one of my favorites,,,,I like how he played the various aspects of his life, he even played him with a raspy voice later on in his life...the scenes right before Dennis drowns where he is swollen in the face and he was walking around drunk was very intense...
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »

Even though he had a much smaller role in L&M, I thought the actor who played Dennis in American Family was also quite good.   

I hate to tell you this in public, but your participle is dangling.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 07:43:55 PM »

I've always liked Kevin Dunn as an actor.  I think he and Alley Mills did very well in American Family.  

I'll bet that Alley Mills was cast because of her ace portrayal of 1960s-era mom Norma Arnold on The Wonder Years.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »

Marilyn

AAF, hands down.  What was the point of her in SD?  Piss Brian off so he can freak out on the plane?

Carol Kaye

SD!  (But she wasn't in SD!)  She wasn't in a lot of stuff... and yet, she was...

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »

An American Family was my definitely my favorite film. And I know I'm pretty much alone on that ship.
KDS
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 05:49:32 AM »

An American Family was my definitely my favorite film. And I know I'm pretty much alone on that ship.

While I think Love and Mercy is better, I don't think that American Family is nearly as bad as its reputation. 

Taken with a grain of salt as with just about every other biopic, I find it entertaining.  The Babe isn't the most accurate movie in the world, but its a pretty decent Babe Ruth biopic. 
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »

Personally, I thought the L&M portrayal of Murry was too douchey. I mean, was he really that bad? I like Kevin Dunn's portrayal in American Family. He was angry and a jerk, but he really did love his kids, and that's how I always envisioned Murry.

Haven't seen the older films in many years, but in L&M I think they just caught Murry at a douchey time.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »

You can count me in as someone who does not like American Family but at least it's hilariously bad. It's saving grace is that it has, for the most part, the original music.

For me, biopics of this kind are almost uniformly bad but a TV Movie-of-the-Week biopic only multiplies how awful the quality is.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »

I have yet to see L&M, so I guess I'm not fully qualified to give a completely objective answer, although from all the previews and reviews I've seen, it looks like Paul Dano might be the unanimous favorite for the portrayal of Brian.

I only saw Summer Dreams once, and found it pretty forgettable, for some reason....except for the infamous fake beards!

I really enjoy American Family and I watch it often, even if it has some glitches in its accuracy, some minor and some glaring.  I like all of the portrayals, with the exception of the Wilson brothers.  Brian is played as a slurring knucklehead right from the start.  Carl....well, there's something just a little off with the actor who played him.  Dennis was probably the most believable of the three, but it just didn't seem like him, to me.

I think Mike in American Family was played right on the money, in appearance and attitude.  Murry and Audree were played perfectly.  Kevin Dunn did a superb job, although I always expect to hear that low, gravelly voice of Murry's saying things like "C'mon guys, ya got any guts?"  Dunn has a higher, more emotional sounding voice but he certainly nailed the mannerisms to a T.  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:20:34 PM by sockittome » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx