gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 07:46:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fast Eddie Hoh  (Read 1009 times)
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:32:00 AM »

Guitarfool Craig, you mentioned in another thread from a couple of years ago that you wondered what had happened to Fast Eddie Hoh, drummer for The Monkees, Mamas & Papas, Mike Bloomfield et al.

I'm a big fan of his work, i have many albums with his name on the credits, and i found a thread you might enjoy with some recent (2015) activity from the Hoffman board. It's a great read, including a 2015 interview.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/what-happened-to-drummer-eddie-hoh.123638/
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 07:59:49 PM »

Fascinating.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »

YES! The mystery musician who played some of my favorite drum tracks of the 60's! Many, many thanks for this. Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »

What a terrific thread. terrific, kudos to the Hoffman board posters who did all of that. THAT, my friends, is the internet at its best. I mean that. Connecting people, sharing good thoughts and the like. Yes.

I've wondered what the f*** ever happened to Eddie Hoh for literally decades now. One of my FAVORITE musicians of the 60's, his drumming on those Monkees records just slays me, knocks me out. I don't know how he came up with those parts, and you can pick him out of a hundred other drummers on records. Amazing. Listen to Pisces Aquarius, Goin Down, Tapioca Tundra, Daily Nightly, Star Collector, Pleasant Valley Sunday...THAT's Eddie Hoh delivering the goods. He nailed those records. Apparently made up all the parts in the studio by ear, after reading the chord/form charts. No pre-written drum parts, it was all him.

Fascinating. Thank you again, I never would have seen that discussion. Now he's on Facebook.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx