gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:02:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love & Mercy Blu-Ray/DVD Official thread  (Read 54841 times)
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »

I saw on dvdreleasedates.com that "Love & Mercy" will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 15.  It was verified on amazon.com.  Amazon has the DVD listed at $19.98 and the Blu-Ray listed at $22..49.  I can't wait to see what bonus features will be included.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »

I am hoping for a corrections feature with interviews from Van Dyke Parks and Carole Kaye.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »

I saw on dvdreleasedates.com that "Love & Mercy" will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on September 15.  It was verified on amazon.com.  Amazon has the DVD listed at $19.98 and the Blu-Ray listed at $22..49.  I can't wait to see what bonus features will be included.

Well dammit, then I 'm obliged to play the big man and apologise, as this is obviously the commitment that caused the UK tour to be aborted. Pushing the DVD/Blu-Ray. I am abject.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »

Well dammit, then I 'm obliged to play the big man and apologise, as this is obviously the commitment that caused the UK tour to be aborted. Pushing the DVD/Blu-Ray. I am abject.

Yup, it's also listed on Amazon UK.

Hey, I've had a real swell idea – what about a UK tour to promote the DVD/Blu-ray, seeing as how Brian couldn't be here to promote the cinema screenings?  Any venues free in September?

“We live in divisive times.”
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »

Hey how about the O2 Arena, no wait............  Razz

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 02:00:34 PM »

Yup, it's also listed on Amazon UK.

Hey, I've had a real swell idea – what about a UK tour to promote the DVD/Blu-ray, seeing as how Brian couldn't be here to promote the cinema screenings?  Any venues free in September?

The Old Queen's Head is currently available every night save the 25th, after September 1t5th

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

UPC for the DVD: 031398224723
UPC for the Blu-Ray: 031398224778

Eagerly awaiting both.  Hoping for deleted scenes and/or an extended cut.  Commentaries by Bill Pohlad and Oren Moverman.  Downloadable Atticus Ross Film Score.  And maybe a nice making-of or background/featurette on the project.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 02:08:19 PM »

Just pre-ordered it on Blu-Ray. Also, seeing it at the cinema tomorrow... Excited! :D
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »

My daughter's dog peed on my blue ray.    It smokes when I try to use it.    Should I just get the plain old DVD instead and save the money on both disc and a new blue ray?    I don't have many blue ray discs.     and with a non blue ray disc I can watch the DVD on all of my other crappy DVD players.    what to do, what to do...........  LOL
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »

My daughter's dog peed on my blue ray.    It smokes when I try to use it.    Should I just get the plain old DVD instead and save the money on both disc and a new blue ray?    I don't have many blue ray discs.     and with a non blue ray disc I can watch the DVD on all of my other crappy DVD players.    what to do, what to do...........  LOL

What brand does your player smoke?  and does it still play the discs while smoking?

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »

What brand does your player smoke?  and does it still play the discs while smoking?

Marlboro.   Why do you ask?    Haven't offered it a disc while smoking.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 06:30:44 PM »

How tall is that dog?
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:28 PM »

Cover art now up on Amazon.  I'm underwhelmed by the artwork, personally, but really it's the contents that I'm most looking forward to.

No product details yet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:36:10 PM by JCM » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 06:50:36 PM »

It's not too bad in my opinion. Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »

Maybe it'll grow on me! Smiley

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »

Think the artwork is nice enough, tho I can see it giving the non-believers the wrong message by using a shot resembling the BBs.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »

Though the movie poster image would work as well.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »

This DVD cover blows goats.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »

Non-Criterion DVD artwork almost always sucks.

sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »

This is true.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »

Exactly. Most video art has been crappy Photoshop stuff for some time. And I've seen quite a few uber-airbrushed Cusack DVD covers over the last several years. That L&M cover sadly could have been even worse. But yeah, the poster art was much better. But they want the name stars on the cover.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »

This DVD cover blows goats.

Yeah it's terrible. I wish EVERY film used original poster art for dvd covers, it would be so much nicer.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Misterlou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »

What he said. It's just one step up from "floating heads." The nice thing about Criterion releases is that the artwork is typically just as creative and visually innovative as the film inside. Keep praying for a Criterion release.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »

The cover is fine. Not great but not bad. They should have used the poster!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »

Gosh darn they used the wrong truck - again!!!!!!!

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx