gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680714 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:54:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toni Tennille  (Read 7273 times)
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »

Does anyone have any photos of Toni Tennille onstage when she was touring with the Beach Boys?  I know there was one photo in the "In Concert" book, but I have yet to locate any online that I save for my own collection.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »

Only found this.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5faad0a9284b160064e3fde9d6d6562c/tumblr_n01eiwUwAi1ql5mnto1_500.jpg
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »

Mike Love, the ultimate hipster. YOLO.
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »

That's the only one I've ever seen. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:22:09 PM »

A quick Google image search only yields this additional photo, which obviously doesn't really count since it's Bruce only, and most likely taken during his hiatus from the BB's in the 70's. According to the website that posted the photo, the photo was provided by Bruce himself (and the caption states it's Harriet Johnston to Bruce's right).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »

A quick Google image search only yields this additional photo, which obviously doesn't really count since it's Bruce only, and most likely taken during his hiatus from the BB's in the 70's. According to the website that posted the photo, the photo was provided by Bruce himself (and the caption states it's Harriet Johnston to Bruce's right).

...and Taylor Swift second from the left. Oh, wait...Toni Collette?
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 04:17:56 PM »

At last, Bruce's wife is revealed! I figured she might be real.  LOL LOL
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »

Does anyone have any photos of Toni Tennille onstage when she was touring with the Beach Boys?  I know there was one photo in the "In Concert" book, but I have yet to locate any online that I save for my own collection.

Comment:

Tony has gotten some "bad press" recently. I have no idea how accurate these press reports are, but it seems she has divorced Daryl in his moment of greatest need -- as the press describes it, a "deathbed divorce." Both Daryl and Toni are my friends and I have recorded both of them (she is a one-take-wonder), but I cannot ignore the many reports of their split in the press. I am saddened and confused as to what has happened to this couple. Tony says, all they had in common was their music. That was not the impression I gained over the years, but then, I was only seeing the two in the studio and together once in a while at Daryl's father's home in Malibu on the Pacific Ocean. Daryl's sister, Kathy, and I shared an apartment (before she married Rick Henn) for a few years, so my acquaintance with the Dragon family is more than occasional. Daryl is such a wonderful spirit. He does not deserve this treatment in his time of need. I am at a loss to explain the situation. I can only pray for Daryl and that God will comfort him in the situation now unfolding.
 ~swd

Daryl/Tony Divorce >>> http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/07/captain-tennille-divorce-devastated-39-years/

Daryl/Tony Divorce >>> http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/captain-and-tennille-file-for-divorce-toni-tennille-and-daryl-dragon-to-end-marriage-after-nearly-40-years-2014231

Daryl/Tony Divorce >>> http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/22/captain-and-tennille-divorce/

Daryl/Tony Divorce (Beach Boys) >>> http://www.contactmusic.com/beach-boys/news/daryl-captain-dragon-toni-tennille-divorcing_4039191

PHOTO >>> http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/abc_gma_backstage_120615_wg.jpg

VIDEO #1 (Tony sings Beach Boys songs) >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPcDL9zepr4

VIDEO #2 (Tony and Daryl talk and sing Beach Boy songs) >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrngeyVrAg

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:34:07 PM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 07:23:33 PM »

Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil to the far left.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 07:37:41 PM »

I took that picture of Toni Tennille , they are on the stage at the University of Georgia in Athens GA! I also saw her the first time at Georgia Tech in 72! I think she is in the background on a pic I took there.

Cook pork throughly
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »

Stephen: Toni posted this message on her blog on Sept. 14, 2014. It might give you some background from her perspective. Most of those articles were from earlier in the year and offered a partial picture.

Here's Toni --

----------

First of all, let me answer the question that many of you probably have. Yes, it is true. Daryl and I are now divorced. After this entry I will not be blogging about that on this site, so just let me say a few words about it and then I won't be mentioning it again.

Daryl and I moved here to Prescott, Arizona about 8 years ago. Our marriage was never what it might have seemed to the casual observer, but I tried hard for over three decades to make our relationship all that I had dreamed it would be. Neither Daryl nor I ever cheated on each other. You would not have found either of us in rehab or going to wild parties. There was nothing obvious about our marriage that would have made great fodder for the tabloids. It is just that our music was the ONLY thing that bound us together.

Other than that, we simply could not find our way into each other’s heart.

Daryl is now living in a charming cottage home in a gated community here in Prescott, and he seems to be just about as happy as he was all the years he lived with me. I call him every couple of weeks to see how he is doing, and visit him every now and then for a chat. I even suggested to him that he might write a blog, but he seems to have no interest in it. He will tell his story if and when he wants to. That is his decision alone.

And me? Well, I bought my very first house on my own. It is all mine with my name on the Title! It is the smallest house I have lived in since the Butterscotch Castle, back in 1974, but it is quite lovely...2,000 sq ft on two level acres in a rural neighborhood of Prescott with breathtaking views all around. In fact, the photo on the cover page of this site was taken about a five minute walk from my house. Pretty, isn’t it?

This house suits me just fine...plenty of room for my three Australian Shepherds to run and play, with a fenced space to practice agility with them, and the house is small enough for me to keep clean on my own.

Well...FAIRLY clean. I come from the Erma Bombeck school of housekeeping!

Now, at the age of 74, I am starting my life as a single woman. I have done a few concerts here in Prescott as kind of "my gift" to the community, but now I am perfectly happy to lead a "regular" life. If you were to peek inside my closet, you would not find fancy gowns or three-inch heels. The fancy gowns and shoes have all been either donated or sold. The shoes you would see there now are almost all athletic-type shoes...the ones I wear for running agility with my three beautiful Australian Shepherd dogs, the shoes or boots I wear while walking the trails and roads near where I live, or the light weight oxfords I wear to show my two younger Champion Aussies in conformation shows. There are a few pairs of kind of dressy flats, some sandals, and that's about it...no heels over 1". My feet can't handle anything higher anymore.

Here in Prescott, the fanciest clothing most women wear are nice pants or jeans with some sort of cute top or jacket. I do have a dress or two for special occasions. My guest room closet holds the suits I wear when I show my dogs. If you have ever watched the handlers in big dog shows like Westminster or Eukanuba, you'll have an idea of what those are like. I get most of those from ebay or Overstock.

Daryl and I chose to relocate to Prescott mainly because we didn’t want to be shoveling as much snow as we had to in northern Nevada, But Prescott is also where I finally was able to take stock of where I was in my life and make the hard decisions I had to make.

When we moved to Prescott, I didn’t know a SOUL here in town. That’s a kind of scary thing. But before I knew it, I had joined a circle of Australian Shepherd people that changed my entire life. A woman I met at the house we were renting while we built our new home saw the two Aussies that I’d brought with me to Prescott. She said, “I have someone you have to meet,” and took me to meet Kathy Bryan of Redrock Aussies. When my Aussie, Hubble, died not too long after we got here, she gave me Smoky, the dog you see on my home page. She got me involved with the therapy dog program at our local hospital, and since then Smoky and I have been visiting patients, their families and hospital staff there every week.

I now also have Smoky’s two nieces, Bebop and Lula, and I run them in agility trials and show them in conformation shows. I also do agility with Smoky. All three are now Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA) Champions. I have happily gone to the dogs!

Why did I stop singing? There are many reasons, but decades ago I told myself I would stop singing when my voice was no longer up to my own standards. I remember cringing when I would hear Frank Sinatra or Rosemary Clooney...two favorites of mine.... singing after their voices had deteriorated. Why did they keep doing it?  it because they needed the money? Because they couldn’t let go of the spotlight? Because they couldn’t “hear” themselves? I don’t know. I just know I was determined that would never happen to me.

Can I still sing? Of course I can. But remember, I was 35 years old when LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER hit #1 in 1975. I got a late start! At my age I don’t have the kind of stamina I need to sing the way I used to.

Now I am leading a quiet, low-key life just the way I like it. Fame came to us through our music, and while it was exciting, but I mostly felt overwhelmed by it. Now that I am in my ‘70s, I KNOW how precious time is. I am determined to live each day to the fullest extent I can, doing things I love to do with people I love to be around.

And I am SO grateful and happy that my sister, Louisa, moved to Prescott a few years ago and lives close by. It took me a long time, but I finally realized that life is not long enough to let negativity rule it. And I believe it is never too late to find your happiness.

My friends tease me that I don’t have “people” to do things for me anymore. No I don’t, but every time I find myself doing all the things those “people” used to do for me, I am a proud and happy person. Of course, I DO get by “with a little help from my friends”!

Thank you so much for checking out my new website, and until my next post....”keep a song of joy inside your heart”!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Prescott, Arizona

http://www.tonitennille.net/blog/?offset=1413823185085
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:26 PM »

I took that picture of Toni Tennille , they are on the stage at the University of Georgia in Athens GA! I also saw her the first time at Georgia Tech in 72! I think she is in the background on a pic I took there.

Do you happen to have a digital copy of the other photograph?
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 03:59:03 AM »

Lil off topic but darryls brothee dennis led one of the most underrated groups of all time, the Surf Punks were bitchin!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 07:52:28 AM »

Dennis also engineered some BB sessions. He did the physical edits on the instrumental master for "Soulful Ol' Man Sunshine".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »

Sadly, only the same as the one referenced above:

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/daryl-dragon-cat-in-hat.html
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »

Very underrated engineer/producer thats for sure. My beach & locals only are killer albums.
DennysDrums83
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »

Very underrated engineer/producer thats for sure. My beach & locals only are killer albums.

I didn't realize that was Daryl Dragon in the car on the Marcella sleeve.  I know he said they had taken some photos of him with the group before Holland was released and he felt like they were trying to push him into an official role in the group.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »

I wonder if they knew in the mid 70s that holland would be their last substantial album.. california shoulda been a hit, yeah its real similar to california girls but I think it sounded more viable than sailor.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »

Stephen: Toni posted this message on her blog on Sept. 14, 2014. It might give you some background from her perspective. Most of those articles were from earlier in the year and offered a partial picture.

Here's Toni --

----------

First of all, let me answer the question that many of you probably have. Yes, it is true. Daryl and I are now divorced. After this entry I will not be blogging about that on this site, so just let me say a few words about it and then I won't be mentioning it again.

Daryl and I moved here to Prescott, Arizona about 8 years ago. Our marriage was never what it might have seemed to the casual observer, but I tried hard for over three decades to make our relationship all that I had dreamed it would be. Neither Daryl nor I ever cheated on each other. You would not have found either of us in rehab or going to wild parties. There was nothing obvious about our marriage that would have made great fodder for the tabloids. It is just that our music was the ONLY thing that bound us together.

Other than that, we simply could not find our way into each other’s heart.

Daryl is now living in a charming cottage home in a gated community here in Prescott, and he seems to be just about as happy as he was all the years he lived with me. I call him every couple of weeks to see how he is doing, and visit him every now and then for a chat. I even suggested to him that he might write a blog, but he seems to have no interest in it. He will tell his story if and when he wants to. That is his decision alone.

And me? Well, I bought my very first house on my own. It is all mine with my name on the Title! It is the smallest house I have lived in since the Butterscotch Castle, back in 1974, but it is quite lovely...2,000 sq ft on two level acres in a rural neighborhood of Prescott with breathtaking views all around. In fact, the photo on the cover page of this site was taken about a five minute walk from my house. Pretty, isn’t it?

This house suits me just fine...plenty of room for my three Australian Shepherds to run and play, with a fenced space to practice agility with them, and the house is small enough for me to keep clean on my own.

Well...FAIRLY clean. I come from the Erma Bombeck school of housekeeping!

Now, at the age of 74, I am starting my life as a single woman. I have done a few concerts here in Prescott as kind of "my gift" to the community, but now I am perfectly happy to lead a "regular" life. If you were to peek inside my closet, you would not find fancy gowns or three-inch heels. The fancy gowns and shoes have all been either donated or sold. The shoes you would see there now are almost all athletic-type shoes...the ones I wear for running agility with my three beautiful Australian Shepherd dogs, the shoes or boots I wear while walking the trails and roads near where I live, or the light weight oxfords I wear to show my two younger Champion Aussies in conformation shows. There are a few pairs of kind of dressy flats, some sandals, and that's about it...no heels over 1". My feet can't handle anything higher anymore.

Here in Prescott, the fanciest clothing most women wear are nice pants or jeans with some sort of cute top or jacket. I do have a dress or two for special occasions. My guest room closet holds the suits I wear when I show my dogs. If you have ever watched the handlers in big dog shows like Westminster or Eukanuba, you'll have an idea of what those are like. I get most of those from ebay or Overstock.

Daryl and I chose to relocate to Prescott mainly because we didn’t want to be shoveling as much snow as we had to in northern Nevada, But Prescott is also where I finally was able to take stock of where I was in my life and make the hard decisions I had to make.

When we moved to Prescott, I didn’t know a SOUL here in town. That’s a kind of scary thing. But before I knew it, I had joined a circle of Australian Shepherd people that changed my entire life. A woman I met at the house we were renting while we built our new home saw the two Aussies that I’d brought with me to Prescott. She said, “I have someone you have to meet,” and took me to meet Kathy Bryan of Redrock Aussies. When my Aussie, Hubble, died not too long after we got here, she gave me Smoky, the dog you see on my home page. She got me involved with the therapy dog program at our local hospital, and since then Smoky and I have been visiting patients, their families and hospital staff there every week.

I now also have Smoky’s two nieces, Bebop and Lula, and I run them in agility trials and show them in conformation shows. I also do agility with Smoky. All three are now Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA) Champions. I have happily gone to the dogs!

Why did I stop singing? There are many reasons, but decades ago I told myself I would stop singing when my voice was no longer up to my own standards. I remember cringing when I would hear Frank Sinatra or Rosemary Clooney...two favorites of mine.... singing after their voices had deteriorated. Why did they keep doing it?  it because they needed the money? Because they couldn’t let go of the spotlight? Because they couldn’t “hear” themselves? I don’t know. I just know I was determined that would never happen to me.

Can I still sing? Of course I can. But remember, I was 35 years old when LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER hit #1 in 1975. I got a late start! At my age I don’t have the kind of stamina I need to sing the way I used to.

Now I am leading a quiet, low-key life just the way I like it. Fame came to us through our music, and while it was exciting, but I mostly felt overwhelmed by it. Now that I am in my ‘70s, I KNOW how precious time is. I am determined to live each day to the fullest extent I can, doing things I love to do with people I love to be around.

And I am SO grateful and happy that my sister, Louisa, moved to Prescott a few years ago and lives close by. It took me a long time, but I finally realized that life is not long enough to let negativity rule it. And I believe it is never too late to find your happiness.

My friends tease me that I don’t have “people” to do things for me anymore. No I don’t, but every time I find myself doing all the things those “people” used to do for me, I am a proud and happy person. Of course, I DO get by “with a little help from my friends”!

Thank you so much for checking out my new website, and until my next post....”keep a song of joy inside your heart”!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Prescott, Arizona

http://www.tonitennille.net/blog/?offset=1413823185085

COMMENT:  Thanks for the update and insight Wirestone. Things change. People change. Levels of happiness change.   . . . And that's the way life works. ~swd
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx