gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:43:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proposed 2016 UK Tour  (Read 13204 times)
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 04:30:07 AM »

and it worked this summer.  TKO Beach Boys (Mike/Bruce/Jeff et al).
The future ?  Sitting beside one Blondie Chaplin July 4 in the bar beside the Danforth Music Hall,
I bemoaned the credit taking of  their "manager/producer/publicist".
the reply:  BC: "toward the end of 2015 we (the group) have scheduled writing sessions together".

- the future is bright  (Holland 2016?)
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 04:38:02 AM »

Now, that is some news!
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »

and it worked this summer.  TKO Beach Boys (Mike/Bruce/Jeff et al).
The future ?  Sitting beside one Blondie Chaplin July 4 in the bar beside the Danforth Music Hall,
I bemoaned the credit taking of  their "manager/producer/publicist".
the reply:  BC: "toward the end of 2015 we (the group) have scheduled writing sessions together".

- the future is bright  (Holland 2016?)

So just to be clear, are you saying Blondie said that all of the living Beach Boys have writing sessions scheduled for the end of this year?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »

I was assuming that means BW, Al and Blondie.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 09:47:28 AM »

and it worked this summer.  TKO Beach Boys (Mike/Bruce/Jeff et al).
The future ?  Sitting beside one Blondie Chaplin July 4 in the bar beside the Danforth Music Hall,
I bemoaned the credit taking of  their "manager/producer/publicist".
the reply:  BC: "toward the end of 2015 we (the group) have scheduled writing sessions together".

- the future is bright  (Holland 2016?)

So just to be clear, are you saying Blondie said that all of the living Beach Boys have writing sessions scheduled for the end of this year?

I was assuming that means BW, Al and Blondie.

I'm with Wirestone on this one.  Not just assuming but hoping.  And if Blondie is hoping to write with Brian and Al and describes himself with both of them as "we", perhaps it means he will be continuing to tour with Brian and Al? I hope that too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:50:44 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »

I would assume any writing sessions that may be in the offing involving Blondie would be for stuff with Brian and Al. I’m truly, seriously not trying to start s**t when I say this, but I’m guessing that if Mike laments his degree of involvement in TWGMTR (writing credits on 1/3 of the album’s tracks), then involving Blondie and Al in songwriting (neither of which were involved *at all* in any writing on the last BB album) would not be ideal to him.

I’m not saying Mike would be against having Al or Blondie write something for a BB album. Then again, despite the Rolling Stone article from 2012 indicating Brian wasn’t into “Waves of Love”, it’s worth mentioning that Larry Dvoskin, co-writer of “Waves of Love”, said this: “Mike 1000% c*ck blocked Al Jardine & Bruce from having any of their songs on the record out of self interest.” We can of course weigh such comments accordingly.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

hi all,
Blondie made the songwriting sessions comment as he was signing the interior
of my CATP gatefold LP (w/PS).  In case that is any sort of a hint?
Of course the group he was referencing might have been his knitting group.  I didn't ask.

- to see her face
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 10:55:29 AM »

Have checked with a trustworthy source who confirms that Blondie was talking about the current Brian touring outfit and not the BBs.
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »

that would be fantastic, WS !

- as would the alternative !
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »

More studio material with Brian, Blondie, and Al (with perhaps Matt as well) would be great. Let's hope it doesn't take another three years to come to fruition.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »

and it would be a dream come true if the aforementioned composed some studio material !

- with a dash of Scott and VDP
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »

Have checked with a trustworthy source who confirms that Blondie was talking about the current Brian touring outfit and not the BBs.

That is great news on both counts IMO.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »

How about each plays a full set at Glastonbury, then the two acts unite to, erm, play the same songs again, but together.

“We live in divisive times.”
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 04:25:45 AM »

Glastonbury would be the right place to start to attempt to begin to make amends,
it is magical. Brian more and more in interviews references the BB option.
Good for him!  BB55 begins in Glastonbury with PS50 (it's not that long)
followed by 2 hours of an unmatchable 55 year arc !

REALLY can't wait
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »

I hope they don't do Glastonbury. Festivals are not an ideal venue IMO for some of Brian's music. I doubt all of  his fans would be that enthusiastic either. And if the weather isn't good, that's another possible problem.

Sorry to repeat but if this is BRIAN'S last European tour, it is about BRIAN, not the Beach Boys. It isn't even as if Mike and Bruce can make that much of an improvement to how it sounds. They have a capable band but they're not original Beach Boys so there is no nostalgia advantage.

Brian references the BB option? News to me. The last comments I've read , including the words in Last Song "Dont be sad. There was a time and place for what we had...", have suggested it is over.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:36:05 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 06:36:53 AM »

brian is the beach boys
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:06 AM »

I hope they don't do Glastonbury. Festivals are not an ideal venue IMO for some of Brian's music. I doubt all of  his fans would be that enthusiastic either. And if the weather isn't good, that's another possible problem.

Sorry to repeat but if this is BRIAN'S last European tour, it is about BRIAN, not the Beach Boys. It isn't even as if Mike and Bruce can make that much of an improvement to how it sounds. They have a capable band but they're not original Beach Boys so there is no nostalgia advantage.

Brian references the BB option? News to me. The last comments I've read , including the words in Last Song "Dont be sad. There was a time and place for what we had...", have suggested it is over.
Mike's not an original BB?

cant wait
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:13 AM »

guess not
Angua
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:33 AM »

Glastonbury - really?  After having to cancel a tour because of poor ticket sales in large venues (probably) and to accommodate a group of mostly, lets face it, older people - you think an outside, unseated huge venue like Glastonbury is the best option?

Ultimately, this is Brian's swan song, his party and he choses.  He puts the tickets up for sale and we buy them or not.  If we don't buy them he doesn't come.  I think he'd like to go out on a high so will probably do things he thinks we like in places he thinks we like (so not stadiums then) but also places and songs he wants.

He's played with the Beach Boys before, it didn't end well either time.  Hopefully he will have enough wisdom not to try it again for his sake.  He's being doing what everyone else wanted for far too long - he should do what he wants now.  There's nothing to lose.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 06:44:49 AM »

One of the first things that I learned in Beach Boys 101 class: Who are the original Beach Boys?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 06:47:29 AM »

Glastonbury - really?  After having to cancel a tour because of poor ticket sales in large venues (probably) and to accommodate a group of mostly, lets face it, older people - you think an outside, unseated huge venue like Glastonbury is the best option?

Ultimately, this is Brian's swan song, his party and he choses.  He puts the tickets up for sale and we buy them or not.  If we don't buy them he doesn't come.  I think he'd like to go out on a high so will probably do things he thinks we like in places he thinks we like (so not stadiums then) but also places and songs he wants.

He's played with the Beach Boys before, it didn't end well either time.  Hopefully he will have enough wisdom not to try it again for his sake.  He's being doing what everyone else wanted for far too long - he should do what he wants now.  There's nothing to lose.
Well how about that in between time? At the end of the tour, remember, he didn't want it to end. I am imagining that throughout the tour, the experience was pleasant to him.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 06:55:54 AM »

One of the first things that I learned in Beach Boys 101 class: Who are the original Beach Boys?
The best course I didn't take!  LOL
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:22 AM »

Glastonbury - really?  After having to cancel a tour because of poor ticket sales in large venues (probably) and to accommodate a group of mostly, lets face it, older people - you think an outside, unseated huge venue like Glastonbury is the best option?

Ultimately, this is Brian's swan song, his party and he choses.  He puts the tickets up for sale and we buy them or not.  If we don't buy them he doesn't come.  I think he'd like to go out on a high so will probably do things he thinks we like in places he thinks we like (so not stadiums then) but also places and songs he wants.

He's played with the Beach Boys before, it didn't end well either time.  Hopefully he will have enough wisdom not to try it again for his sake.  He's being doing what everyone else wanted for far too long - he should do what he wants now.  There's nothing to lose.

Keep in mind Glastonbury is a massive music festival, not a venue. It has many stages. That's what makes it freaking Glastonbury - you can see so many different artists regardless of how famous they are. You should probably look this up.

Also Brian has played there before.

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 07:04:50 AM »

'Venue' - place where something happens, especially an organized event..... sounds like Glastonbury to me. The fact of it being a festival with lots of stages doesn't enthuse me I'm afraid. Outdoors, with all the possible problems that involves. Not partiuclarly comfortable, not ideal for some of Brian's so-called deeper cuts. Yes, I remember he played there before but whilst no doubt some fans would like it, I think quite a few wouldn't.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:10:58 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2015, 07:05:42 AM »

I meant M&B's band are not original Beach Boys - I've edited to make that clearer.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx